• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Shatter Conscience~ (A literate murder mystery.)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Morpheaus

Time In Perspective
“In other news, another victim was recently discovered in the area of Witmore Hills. This is the sixteenth victim in less than four weeks. In a resent statement release by the Federal Bureau of Investigations, it was stated that the as yet unnamed killer has a penchant for younger victims; most of his victims being between the ages of thirteen and twenty. It is also believed that he is moving across the Pacific Coast of the U.S.-“

The sound died abruptly as a care worn hand clicked the T.V off. The hand belonged to Edward Starks, a veteran agent for the F.B.I, and the lead agent on the case of a recent string of homicides. He sat down in silence, running his hand through his thick brown hair. Most women would take him for handsome even with the ever growing collection of crow’s feet around his eyes. He picked up a cold slice of pizza and took a bite before turning to the newest file on his desk. It was the autopsy file for the Whitmore Hills victim. Same M.O but with a new twist, most of the victims had been sexually assaulted even the men, but this one different. It seemed with every victim that the killer was becoming more of a puzzle. His first victim had been messy, inexperienced, and nervous; almost disastrously so. But the second had been flawless. Hair, semen, and even fiber samples had turned up nothing. Since then the case had only grown more baffling. He defied almost all the psychological profiles, and even though the victims were often found with signs of sexual assault there was never any D.N.A evidence.

Even calling the perpetrator ‘he’ was questionable, sexual assault of both sexes wasn’t uncommon for male serial killers, but the damage done to both male and female victims suggest a certain mount of jealousy for both sexes. Truth be told this case had grown out of hand; the number of victims in the last week along was both astonishing and frightening.

Edward made the decision to call in an old friend from college. She was beautiful, talented, and probably more intelligent than Edward himself. Picking up the phone he made the call to the East coast. After three rings the light but firm voice he remembered so well answered.

“Hello?”

“Deena, it’s Edward.” He said, in his usual cold voice.

“Edward. It’s good to hear from you again. It’s been so long.”

He smiled in spite of himself, and despite why he was calling it did feel good to talk to her. “I’m sorry Dee, but this isn’t just a friendly call.”

“I know, Edward, your voice always gives you away. I’ve been informed that you’re lead on the unnamed serial killer.”

“I need your help. He’s breaking all the rules, no one can get a good read on this guy,” he said, letting his shoulders slump. “I’m just at the end of my rope.”

“What do you need me to do?” She said. He could hear the soothing tone in her voice.

“Can you come down here, and help me catch him?”

Silence filled the line for a few seconds, and Edward thought she might say no. Then she was back. “I’ll need a day or two to straighten a few things out. But yes, I’ll be there.”

“Thank you, Dee. This is a lot to ask, but I need you with us on this.”

“Us? Hmm…You’re not a good liar, Edward. I’ll see you soon.”

Twenty minutes later Edward was chewing a piece of nicotine gum behind the wheel of company car. He didn’t know it yet but he’d just put his best friend in the line of fire. Seventy dead was the number attributed to this man, and that was just from linked case files. Deena Pilgrim may end up among them if Edward wasn’t too careful. But with this case everyone seemed to be in trouble.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Ok this role play is a little different; as I am sure you can all tell. I’ll need these roles to be filled. Once these roles are filled the role play will begin and no further players will be accepted. On the off chance that someone can create a specific role of their own, just pm me the template and I’ll review it. You can make you character however you want but remember the details I have added. I’ll be playing both Edward and the murderer.

Deena Pilgrim: Psychic Profiler/Psychologist. Post Graduate, College Education, Accomplished criminal profiler with several best
Played by Obliviongirl13

Edwards’s partner: He/She is an F.B.I agent. Well educated, developed deductive reasoning skills, F.B.I field training.
Played byLionheart06

F.B.I agents: (Any 3 role players, first come first serve.) Young/Middle Aged with a college education.
Played byRiku's Nobody, Absolution_Fear, Watermelons...<3

Reporter/Informant: Should be self explanatory but if you have any questions just pm me.
Played by

Coroner: Medical Degree, Post Graduate, highly intelligent, and a somewhat quirky or odd personality.
Played by Quite Jaded

Rules
1. No power playing or god moding.
2. You can not catch the killer. That would obviously ruin the story.
3. Romance encouraged.
4. F.B.I agents and only F.B.I. agents have weapons…And the killer…Stupid me
5. Be literate
6. Two paragraphs or more per post.
7. Have fun!!

Name:
Sex:
Personality:
Bio:
Other:

Last edited:

lionheart06

Enigmatic Enigma
I'll be Ed's partner. I'll finish the profile later.

Name: Julius "Jules" Archer
Sex: Male
Appearance: A brown eyed and skinned man with an athletic, muscular physique and is quite tall standing at six foot four. He is quite handsome. He has a goatee and mustache. His hair is also short and wavy. His attire varies depending on the situation.

Personality:Calm and observant. He usually assesses the situation before acting. He is also a persuasive talker, he has saved himself with his words on multiple occasions. He also pays attention to detail.

Bio: Julius was born in the city of Oakland, California. The East in particular, a more or less dangerous part of the city depending on whom you know. He has seen it all gang violence, drug deals, prostitution etc… He never took part in it though. This was mainly because his father was a detective for the O.P.D., that and he didn’t go to school in the Oakland area. Instead, he was put into private school as demanded by his mother.

In high school Julius tried to avoid his home, mainly through sports and other extracurricular activities. You name it basketball, baseball, football, muay thai, Leadership, he did it. And to his luck it also gained him a full-ride scholarship to Howard University in which he majored in international law.

He then left Washington D.C. for New York City to pursue a career in law enforcement. After three years as a detective he was enlisted by S.W.A.T. After a few years of this some one suggested that he join the F.B.I., it was a joke. Ironically, the opportunity came up later when he took part in stopping a major drug cartel from entering the country. He was offered the job and he gladly accepted. Given his past experience he gained promotions rather quickly.

He was then introduced to his current partner Ed ward Starks. THe rest was history.

Other: He collects sneakers as a hobby. Everybody has a vice and his happen to be sneakers. He also carries his father's own Beretta 92f which he take almost obsessive care of

Last edited:

Obliviongirl13

Guerriero Crepuscolare
Website
www.Anerael.deviantart.com
Los Angeles Times
Reporter: Julian Morina
August 2nd 2006​
Criminalist or Heart Breaker?

Here's all the juicy stuff you've wanted to know about the Illustrious Deena Pilgrim. I just recently sat down with this woman for an exclusive interview before she borded the plane to go help her old partner in capturing the country wide known killer that is still out on the loose.

Name: Deena Pilgrim

Sex: Female

Appearance: She stands about 5'3'' and she has a slender figure. She is built well because she has to be. She's a cop. Deena has known to take down some big guys and she's a small woman. Deena is a 36 C. Her face is slender and an oval shape. She has long jet black hair and light green eyes. She has a good size for lips and her eyes are slender and sleek. Her eyebrows are arched because of the bone structure.

Personality: She can be a cold person at times, and she doesnt like to get involved in things outside of work. Deena likes to have a few relationships here and there but she rarely has time to get involved in anything these days. When she wants to be she can be a warm and caring person, but if she doesnt like you from off the bat. You have no chance.

Bio: She grew up in the city of New york, and she lived with her mother and father. She was able to get a starting career in criminalistics when she was just 16. Since then her career has been at an all time record. She was known to be a criminal catcher and was known fairly around the country.

She moved out to LA and she persued her career from there on. She started to study the minds of the criminals and she was soon certified as a criminal Pshycologist. Working on alot of cases she knew a man before she moved out to LA.

Having a sketchy history, she knew Edward. They had a fuzzy past and she doesnt like to talk about it but lets just say that it is all juicy on the inside.

She now lives in a nice appartment in La where she continues to do Criminalistics and hunts down the killers of the most notorious crimes ever reported to you.

Other: She is known to have many ear percings and she has numerous tattoos that aren't seen when she wears her uniform or is in her other work clothes.​

quitejaded

I Do Phoenix.
Website
xanga.com
Name:Amari Plachett

Sex: Female

Appearance: Amari has reddish brown wavy hair that wiggles toward her shoulder blades. She has a heartshaped face with pouty lips as rosy as her cheeks, which happen to have a few freckles on them. Behind her long, soft lashes, her eyes fluctuate in shade and darkness, but they pierce green, no matter the season. She wears small, black rimmed glasses at times, but especially not during close examination. She stands at 5'6" with a small pear shaped frame.

Personality: Amari seems to have a relaxed and happy-go-lucky attitude about most everything. She's the kind of person who could laugh at a funeral. Or studying the body if its open casket. She's action-orientated and a bit of a joker, but her quirky personality belies her abilities, especially her social ones. As much as she loves to joke with and irritate her friends, she does take notice of even small things. Her senses are sharp and she's got a good shoulder to cry on. Sometimes.

Bio: Amari lived in an almost fairy-tale like suburbia. Nice house. Nice nieghbors. Nice parents. And the not-so nice little siblings. Amari spent her youth doing things, but never really completing them. She's done just about every after-school activity you could imagine. Fencing? Yep. Soccer team? Yep. Snorkeling? Most definately. In a way, she was trying to find herself. What it is she is truely passionate for. In those young years, she's found many things entertaining or perhaps so boring it was laughable, but she never felt satiated, the way she imagined she should be.

She decided the best thing to do would be to pursue something dealing with the human body. People have bodies and there are over 6 or 7 billion of them in the world. There's no way I could be out of work. The next step was finding an area that would captivate her and actually hold her interest. Well, what's more enthralling, fast paced, and entertainingly depraving than crime and criminal justice? Atleast that's how it always seemed to Amari. And after a few years of deep study, she became a coroner.

Some nights she curls up in her green armchair. Somehow, she's still not entirely satisfied.

Other: At times, Amari has bouts of obsessions with certain items or ideas. For a good 3 weeks, all she may be able to talk about is the utter insanity behind string theories or how cute Hello Kitty is.

Last edited:

Wallflower

that's when we'll explode
I can't help but get a certain stalker vibe from y
Website
www.meluhns.deviantart.com
Name : AJ Episkey

Sex : Male

Appearance: AJ is, about, 5'10". He wears Black... A lot, no matter how he's feeling. Always wearing a band shirt, Black gloves, and Black jeans just below his heel, AJ seems to never change what he's wearing, Color-wise. He always wears a pair of stereotypical Skater shoes, and always has low-cut, black socks on. His hair is shoulder-length, and straight. His eyes are an intense shade of Brown, going into a Mahogany color, and he's thin. Not to the point where one could confuse him with anorexia, but thinner than most his age.

Personality: Happy a lot of the time. Very down-to-earth and happy-go-lucky, but he's serious when it really comes down to it. He seems to act a lot younger than he really is sometimes, and combined with his appearence, people often perceve him to be very young, and often let him into circles of trust. This makes him a key player for Undercover work for the FBI.

Bio:
_Many people look at AJ, and they think of a wimpy, fragile shrimp. That's not AJ, at all. They hear about his job, and their views of him change immediatly. The instantly barrage him with questions like, "Oh, so you landed your dream job, huh?" This actually couldn't be farther from the truth. He wanted to be a Marine Biologist. Since his stupid dream High School didn't wanna accept him, he had to go to a Police Academy. He was good. No, actually, he was great. Valedictorian of his Senior class, and he went off to an actual police department. Then, they handed him a Rifle, and asked him to strip it. Quickly. AJ could remember, it was a 7 second field strip of an AK-47 that got the FBI interested.

Soon enough, the FBI went to MPD, or the Miami Police Department. They were looking for AJ, the talented 19 year old who could take out 20 of MPD's most talented in 10 minutes in a Paintball match. Sure enough, they forked AJ over, and from there, it was all Black suits, Black ties, and Black sunglasses for him. He thought the attire looked corny, so he didn't bother putting the stuff on. He showed up to work looking like an average Skater. The weird part? They didn't recognize AJ. He had to show his ID to pass through. It was awesome.

Thus began his career as an FBI Agent.

Other: Carries two Magnum .9s on him at all times, as well as a Flaying knife. His shoes are much quieter than the standard FBI combat boots, which make him key for stealth work.

Last edited:

Morpheaus

Time In Perspective
We'll start once 06 finishes his template. Melons, you do realize that the F.B.I doesn't routinely issue combat boots to its personnel, right? Most F.B.I agents wear a suit and tie. You can wear modified stuff of course, I'm just saying...

Crisis Break

Hopeless Idealist
ooc/ Hmm.. I like this. I really like this. I'm in. As an FBI agent.

CONFIDENTIAL : 542-86-0792; ssn.​

Name
Marian Lucille Descience

Sex
Female.

Appearance
1marsai.jpg

Marian possesses a highly athletic build and stands at 5'5", along with fair bisque skin and maroon-brownish eyes. Somewhat of a cheeky person, Marian has rosy cheeks and has silky smooth sienna-colored hair that glows a faded firebrick color when exposed to the sun. She is of Hispanic/Caucasian heritage.

The photo above represents her usual clothing; Marian's trademark shortened leather jacket, a velvety scarlet dress, and Vans sneakers or blue unlabeled boots. Being a devout Christian, she wears a cross upon her neck, amongst chokers and trinket necklaces easily found at yard sales.

Personality
Prior to her work as an agent of the FBI, Marian had the knack of getting into trouble. However, this all changed when she met her niece and Marian strived to act as a role model. She is a cynical woman classified by her fellow workers as a pessimist. To be honest, Marian isn't one for looking down. Though she does hint of negatism, Marian actually is somewhat of a pacifist, one who looks for peace.

First impressions to Marian are like disagreeable foods. She may not like them now, but in time she'll turn around. Anyone she meets Marian can easily be overturned by a simple act of heroism. This makes her a very gullible and forgiving person, but many can take advantage. However, Marian has a trait of keeping grudges for years, if the person in question did something unimaginably hurtful to her.

Bio
Marian was born December 13th, premature by roughly two months. Her parents raised her and her following sister a year after, to be incredibly bright however, at age ten she was one of many who were held up at a bank for days. In addition, her rebelling father was stabbed literally in the back by one of the robbers.

Marian developed a social phobia, unable to stand staying in a place with crowded people. From that day when the bank robbers were taken to jail and the hostages freed, Marian's life seemed to focus itself into just a chain of tragedies.

Her severe phobia confused and frightened her mother, and instead of treating Marian to a hospitalization, her mother, in central embarassment, physically forced Marian to go anywhere. This method of treating Marian's illness, plus the payment expenses of the funeral and the depression of the loss, would eventually lead to her downfall at school. Unable to vent her sadness at home, Marian would start fights at school.

Upon her transition into adolescence, Marian got into constant fights and got ejected from most of the schools. Refusing to move because of their local income, her mother, now a single mom juggling three jobs, homeschooled Marian. Marian's sister, in an attempt to reach out to Marian, urged her to attend parties and dates.

The two sisters developed a close relationship, an intense sibling bond that Marian would cherish forever. Marian's sister even arranged for meetings with a psychiatrist for Marian, something that would completely change Marian's life for the better. However, at the age of nineteen, her mother died, leaving Marian and her one-year younger sister to move out into the world.

Marian graduated at the top of her class, much contributed to the constant urging talks of college with her sister. She became a low-level officer at the police station, and gradually became a self-appointed "newbie" FBI agent with two successful captures of homicide. Along the way to her FBI "fame," her sister had a child, Lucy, paying homage to Marian (photo below).
cutteta-c.jpg

Years passed for Marian and her family, gaining a bond with her sister's husband and baby, and even getting a boyfriend of her own. Everything began to go her way; Marian's successes in FBI have given her constant income to spoil her sister's niece, and her life was happy. For the moment. In a summer that Marian never wants to remember, Marian's sister and her family were brutally slaughtered by an unknown. Including Lucy, the frail seven-year old girl. Worse is that Marian was accidentally assigned to a case.

After a dramatic explosion at the former home of Marian's sister, she took a sabbatical from work and broke up from her consoling boyfriend. Marian's phobia began to return, amongst her familiar feelings of depression. After a while, Marian returned to work, this time with a vengeful persona. She vowed that she would find a way to bring justice, to all families whose lives were shattered by the death of their loved ones. Or is this the vengeance that Marian would never have?

Other
Marian has a bruise on her left shoulder, makings of her abusive mother, along with a scar on her right arm. Being an FBI agent, Marian carries two magnum guns armed with cartridges of silver-plated bullets, and a serrated steel knife. She also proudly bears her FBI status card, and a pack of cigarettes. Marian also has a small black purse, with some red lipstick, two lighters (one from Las Vegas), a complexion compact, and other stuff that needn't be expressed here.

Last edited:

Seirio

Mr. Twister
Awards
Name: Seko Fushin
Sex: Male,oh and no thanks,im good
Appearance:
gunz11.jpg

Personality: Seems abit odd,serious,down to earth,hasn't been seen laughing by anyone before,not even to ANY relatives.
Bio: Seko was born in a family of CIA agents.Although all of that didn't matter to him.He was in a normal college where he learned everything there is to know about the world,but people wouldn't exactly call him a wiseman.He learned under the best forensic agents and learned how to study DNA from anything and he can encounter anything suspicious even if there is something SLIGHTLY odd about a small thinl strand of hair.Seko studied many things including 7 years of health education and being a doctor.He also was very good at using firearms and was an intermidiate at hand to hand combat.Plus he also was abit good with melee weapons.

What got him interested in solving crimes and such was when he was in Highschool at the age of 16,where his friend was assaulted and killed by a stranger.He didn't know until the next day where he found the body.It was mutilated and several organs were missing.It was the work similar to that of the unsolved "Jack The Ripper" case back in England in the 19th century.Seko from that day on after his friends death,swore to have a life of stopping criminals by learning forensic insight,learning it from his CIA parents,and from his mentor,a former ace investigator.

He graduated college at the age of 21 with a degree in health,technology,combat,and investigation.He went on to becoming a docter the same year.Soon afterwords after the 7 year period of being a doctor,he became a private eye investigator and soon on became a coronor when he was 29.Seko solved about 69 cases so far.Now he is on another case about the death of teenagers who were being sexualy assaulted.It brang him haunting memories of his friends death.

Other: Seko carries a Kodachi Katana hidden behind his coat so that he would use it when nesassary.He also carries two 9mm Beretta M1951's that were modified legally to shoot faster and carry more ammo in its cartridge,carried on holsters to his sides, and an extra SMG hidden on a back holster.

T

TheTerrorofDeath

Role- F.B.I. Agent

Name- Cory Gorham

Age- 23

Sex- Male

Personailty- Cory is always known to be on the case. Whether or not the day is over with, Cory has always worked till he could work no more to solve cases that sprung up from nowhere. He is generally a sincere guy, caring for his teammates, but more importantly his work. Outside his work, he is ususally a very proper man, handsome, and tends to not talk alot.

Appearence- Long blonde hair flows down to the bottom of his neck and just a bit above his eyes. Crystal clear blue eyes give him the radiant feeling towards others. He is built to a nice tone, without being too big. He has a scar on his stomach from an incident in the past.

Bio- Born as the middle class kid, he gradually did well in school. With the support of his parent,s he accomplished much in his early life. With the help of a few scholarships, he was able to make it into a high standard college. Excelling in the department of security eventually to the F.B.I, he has made it as his job to serve his country with the most he could give.

Eventually he got married. His wife was also into security, being a police officer. The had two children each about the age of 5. They were twins. With their jobs, they were able to support eachother well. After a few years of marriage, his wife was shot down. After a series of events, he eventually became a bit cold hearted. Continuing into his job, he deovted his life to making her proud.

His first job wasn't as successful as the lunatic he had been chasing down shot him. As others thought of him as dead, he was sent to the hospital in time, giving him a new perspective on life.

Coming back with a scar, he has now fully devoted himself to his job and to take down any type of case he could find.

Morpheaus

Time In Perspective
“You’re not serious, Alder,” Edward’s baritone voice echoed through Alder Hobbs office, a tinge of irritation in the otherwise icy cold tone. Alder only offered him a mischievous a grin, leaning forward in his chair, and pushing a manila envelope towards Edward.

“Damn right I’m serious, Edward. I wouldn’t be wasting my lunch hour with you if I wasn’t serious,” he said, the grin on his face spreading into a smile. “It’ll have a positive effect on your career…”

“Bullshit,” Edward spat the word out, reaching across the table to take the file. “Politicians irritate me; you know full well that I don’t like being a vehicle for someone’s reelection campaign, and that’s exactly what Curtis is asking for.”

“You’re blowing this all out of proportion, Edward. It’s a simple debriefing for the governor and his staff.”

Eyes narrow in suspicion, he pulled open the file, giving the contents a brief glance; an organized summary of the case file and any “relevant” information, a list of the governor’s staff, and…a press package. Alder really wanted to sock it to him this time; Edward knew he’d had to have committed some great crime in a previous life to earn such punishment.

Sliding the envelope back across the desk, he shook his head, and replied, “I don’t have time for this. We’ve got the entire staff working extra hours. I’m not going leave someone to carry my slack.”

“You’ll make time,” Alder stated, “that, or I’ll move you and Archer to secondary and give the lead to Gorham and Descience.”

Stiffening at the unexpected threat, Ed felt his teeth grind as he watched Alder rise from his chair to literally push the envelope into his hands. Clutching the file in his hands, Edward could only up at Alder, he was serious; nevertheless Edward never responded well to threats.

“I’ll deliver the debriefing, Al, I’ll even hold the governors hand through all the gory details. But right this moment, you’d better know that if you pull that again, I’ll take myself off the case.”

Not caring for a reply, Ed pushed himself from his chair, slid on his coat, and exited Alder’s office, all without giving Alder himself a second glance. Twenty minutes later he caught up with his partner, Julius "Jules" Archer, in the cafeteria. They’d been working cases together for the better part of five years and Ed was often glad to have Jules around. Their skills complimented each other and Jules persuasive nature tempered Ed’s bluntness and levity.

“Take a look at this,” he said, unceremoniously tossing the envelope across the table top before seating himself. “My attempts to avoid this kind of bullshit have failed at least. Hobbs wants us to debrief the governor’s staff at 10. Guesstimate about three hours to talk to the governor and handle the press, which means we’ll be skipping lunch again. Deena’s plane comes in at 9, so we’d better head out now. You’ll be driving, I suppose?”

Edward looked at Jules with a blank stare; the question was of course rhetorical.

OOC: Blargh...Horrendous opening, I'll pick up as we get moving. >.> For those of you who play FBI agents and such, you're free to pursue your own side cases. But please, make everything as plausible as you can. >.> Enjoy yourselves too...

T

TheTerrorofDeath

The long hours of work were just atrocious. Case after case, came in one by one. Every day was filled with at least 10 hours of work. Tapping his fingers respectively across his desk, he continued to read the next case he had just been given. It was yet another murder. In the past month, these types of cases were just about normal for them as a simple robbery would be for another county. Details were in depth, not much evidence was found, and no witnesses were known at the moment. Such cases really pissed him off. They gave them the case to solve, knowing that these types took way too much time. Thae bad thing was it was only a side case. He had plenty of other ones he had been working on for months. He was nearly ending those, but that wasn't the point.

Strolling over to his file cabinet he glanced through the hundreds of files, quickly picking out the one he had clearly needed. "Rhiannon Humphrey," one he was clearly infactuated with. Rhiannon knew about everything you could living in the Pacific Coast. She was a undercover drug dealer, weapon handler, and even a prostitute. She only did these types of things undercover to give him what he wanted. She always had information he could find helpful, which is why he needed her for this case. Searching for her number, he grabbed his phone from the table and dialed the first number he found.

"Is this Rhiannon?

"Yes it is."

"Hey, its me"

"I knew who it was. What do you want," saying in sort of a rude way.

"Well I have another case on my hands. Murder. A young lady about 15, long blonde hair, did really well in school, etc. The type of girl you wouldn't think could have this done to her. Anyways I need to find out what you can please."

"Alright, I'll get right to it. It was nice talking to you."

Before he could say goodbye, she hung up leaving him in an awkard silence. Coming to his senses he stood up and headed for the lounge room. Refilling his cup back up with a bit of coffee, he paced around the office, maybe to converse with some of his fellow buddies.

Crisis Break

Hopeless Idealist
"We have an exciting offer for you. Why waste money on worthless acne treatments when you can get the exclusive AcneAway! Just three payments of-"

CLICK! The T.V. changed channels, directed by the singled black remote laying in Marian's left hand, a half-burnt cigarette in the other. From the agent's sleek fuchsia lips sprouted a waft of smoke, that hovered in the air sickeningly before dissolving from sight. "What a load of crap. I'm sick of this.." She stood upright, clicked the T.V. off, and threw the remote onto the leather couch that used to belong to her sister's.

Making an austere stride towards the kitchen, Marian snatched the car keys from the lowly holster, and before staring back into her smoke-smelling house, closed the door before entering the car's. Clicking in the ignition, she cleared her face with makeup and began to drive out to the station.

ooc/ I know, extremely short and unimaginative post. 20,000,000 things going on right now.

quitejaded

I Do Phoenix.
Website
xanga.com
A few hours ago a Melissa Phillips was reported missing. The body, lying cold limp and wet on the bank of the Duck Creek stream fit the missing person description almost perfectly.

Amari pulled the van on to the side of the closed down road. It was hard to find a convient place to park. Police cars always seemed to line up in a jagged and ranom manner, and the TV news trucks didn't help, either.

Behind the yellow tape investigators were already huddling about the scene.

"Amari!" one waved her over.
Amari had already been on her way, fingers fiddling with her glasses. This particular scene seemed a bit odd. The few investigators there weren't stooping down.
"It's strange. We've taken as much as we could, but there's really not much as to the ... er..." the young investigator paused in his sentence, feeling Amari's weight of her leaning on his shoulder.

"Oh, my little newblet. You have no idea what this might be, do you?"

"No, I don't. I mean, I'm sure things like this happen, but I never expected it to--"

"Nyit! Shush. Let me show you something," she smirked and led him closer to the body. They both bent down, Amari pulling a pair of latex over her fingers. With them, she gently lifted the body's pants, revealing an area much redder than the rest of the corpse.

"Someone's probably made note of that or atleast they will when we get into autopsy," the young one shrugged.

Amari looked up at him. "You've been working her for a little bit. You haven't noticed this sort of trend, yet?" He shook his head. "Hehe, some boy genius we've got here!"

In his defense, he was never assigned to work with any bodies until recently, but it didn't save him from Amari's mocking as she explained to him the perculiar situation. So far the little that she has points to one serial killer, and a quite perverted and morbid one at that. And though it wasn't nearly her job to figure out who the killer might be, she was still itching to find out who it was before the public.

The corpse was put into a body bag. It along with other bags of samplings and photos were put into the truck. The area was bright for that time in the evening. Amari squinted as a camera pointed his light and camera at her and a reporter shoved a microphone in her face. They always did that, even though she rarely gave them anything they would want to put on television.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back