• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Shasta's Paradox Lounge

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Shasta

Awards
Well hello there everyone of the forums ^^ I'm Shasta and I'm an aspiring artist, well no let me rephrase that, I am an aspiring artist and writer. I'm currently writing a novella and I draw characters from it that I have, well I started out with the characters then created a story like a few years later. I will post my art during every chance I get. This fir
20130223005251.jpg
st drawing actually a little 3rd anniversary WIP for the creation of these characters. Enjoy when I post more drawings or even finish this s one. I am Unleashed360 on deviantArt as well :3

Eioha

Very nice! A clearly Tetsuya Nomura inspired style, no doubts. Many of your drawings is really good, I like the clean lines in them, and the variety of personality you give them through their facial design. The only thing I would say is, that the eyelashes seems a bit too blury, they need to be more "sharp" in some of the pictures. But except for that, I can't really pin point anything else.
You got talent for drawing, thats for sure. the only thing you'll need to do is, to practise a lot.

I'll be looking forward and hope to see much more from you!

Shasta

Awards
Very nice! A clearly Tetsuya Nomura inspired style, no doubts. Many of your drawings is really good, I like the clean lines in them, and the variety of personality you give them through their facial design. The only thing I would say is, that the eyelashes seems a bit too blury, they need to be more "sharp" in some of the pictures. But except for that, I can't really pin point anything else.
You got talent for drawing, thats for sure. the only thing you'll need to do is, to practise a lot.

I'll be looking forward and hope to see much more from you!

Oh thank you so much! Nomoura's art style has greatly influenced the way I draw, I I've been trying to perfect it since for the latter part of 6 years now and it is no easy feat. I will look into the eyelashes, those and the hands are the trickiest parts of his work. I will be posting more today, just wish I could collapse them into spoilers so they don't have to take up most of the page. Fun fact: I am right handed.

Last edited:

Eioha

Oh thank you so much! Nomoura's art style has greatly influenced the way I draw, I I've been trying to perfect it since for the latter part of 6 years now and it is no easy feat. I will look into the eyelashes, those and the hands are the trickiest parts of his work. I will be posting more today, just wish I could collapse them into spoilers so they don't have to take up most of the page. Fun fact: I am right handed.

I defintely know what you mean, it really isn't easy to get nomuras style spot on. I did some attempts(you can look in my drawing thread, post 53), his style is pretty awesome. Why not just put a link up? I take some of my drawings directly from Deviantart, to this site. A lot more easy. Fun fact about me too: I am also right handed.

Shasta

Awards
I defintely know what you mean, it really isn't easy to get nomuras style spot on. I did some attempts(you can look in my drawing thread, post 53), his style is pretty awesome. Why not just put a link up? I take some of my drawings directly from Deviantart, to this site. A lot more easy. Fun fact about me too: I am also right handed.

I don't post much to my dA anymore mainly because of how tedious it is doing it from mobile (my PC is dead) and I just can't, especially since they updated the submit page..litterally wanted to throw rocks at them. I can just link to my images hack account I suppose since that's what I'm using nowadays. I don't try to draw EXACTLY like Nomoura, I add my own little bits and pieces to make it what is, but my style is an underdeveloped Nomoura style and that's what people recognize my art as so I don't see deviation from my style ever.

Ðari

Look at you, armor-less
Staff member
Awards
I am really enjoying your pieces.
I hope you do concept art for future final fantasy titles if you wish to push in traditional :]

Shasta

Awards
Thank you both! I really am glad you like my artwork :). Jeez if I could work for Square I would be the happiest person alive! To draw alongside Nomoura for even just a few hours would make my heart explode with joy!

Nutari

The Scotsman
Awards
These are rather impressive. I must say, you could be designing the next gen of KH from the looks of it.

I see you keep trying to use the spoiler tags- in order for them to work you need to type something into the spoiler box when you add them.

Shasta

Awards
Thank you! Ha, I'd be honored to design for KH if I could but I don't want Square to ever take my ideas unless I could be in full control and directed it myself not as anything KH or FF related. The tags yes..is it
Spoiler Spoiler Show
or [spoiler3][/spoiler]...well none of those work so idk. I tried using the preset tags but I don't think I'm allowed to or the CSS just hates me.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
These are spectacular! I love every drawing! The details you put into their clothes really make their facial expressions and stances really noticeable.

I wonder what inspired you to start drawing these characters, Shasta. :D Since you said you drew them first before writing a story about them.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Thank you! Ha, I'd be honored to design for KH if I could but I don't want Square to ever take my ideas unless I could be in full control and directed it myself not as anything KH or FF related. The tags yes..is it
Spoiler Spoiler Show
or [spoiler3][/spoiler]...well none of those work so idk. I tried using the preset tags but I don't think I'm allowed to or the CSS just hates me.

Wow, you're really very talented, I can practically see all these characters already as renders in my head or otherwise imagine them in 3D.
While there is certainly an influence from Nomura's style, you certainly understand not to overdo it with belts and zippers like he does sometimes, lol.

I could definitely see some of these character designs fitting for use in KH.

As for the spoiler-tag (which is here actually the spoiler-box), you need to give that spoiler-box a title for it to work (maybe the name of the character in the drawing or a title for the drawing itself).

[ spoiler=Title]Picture[ /spoiler] is the correct method (without the space after the opening brackets).

That results in this:
Spoiler Spoiler Show

Nutari

The Scotsman
Awards
Spoiler Spoiler Show

basically go into the advanced comment when you want to post pictures, and click on the spoiler tag box. It'll bring up a little dialogue on what you want the tag to be- type in a word or character, and then insert the picture between the two text block that appear. It should work then.

make sure it's all caps as well-

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Shasta

Awards
These are spectacular! I love every drawing! The details you put into their clothes really make their facial expressions and stances really noticeable. I wonder what inspired you to start drawing these characters, Shasta. :D Since you said you drew them first before writing a story about them.
Sora inspired Shasta not physically but for reason of creation (to a certain extent) I wanted a character who was in a sense of the word, normal. He isn't but he did start that way. Shasta isn't normal but I really can't tell why just yet..no, it's not power or anything. To be honest, his normality rivals that (like it or not Lightning in the first XIII was more normal than Sora and I say this because Nomoura has been milking Sora for all he's worth since after KH2 albit indirectly at that). Sora, well moreso KH is the reason Shasta exists. He is the embodiment of why I began my continuing journy. As for story, it's more of a personal dream turned into fiction far distorted from origin.

I really don't mean to doublepost but my PS3 has a set number of characters I can input, or maybe it's the reply characters from the site? Idk. @Sephy thanks! I don't have a need for accessory abuse or excessive clothing like Nomoura often does. I lean more on abstract but logical designs. @Aldrain thanks, the everso lovely Taochan tagged everything for me. I do need to go back and either remove my titles or rearrange to where they are accurate, because I do remember forgetting what imgs were which because I was only looking at my urls and kinda put some in the wrong catergory regarding my characters.

Last edited by a moderator:

Nutari

The Scotsman
Awards
Sora inspired Shasta not physically but for reason of creation (to a certain extent) I wanted a character who was in a sense of the word, normal. He isn't but he did start that way. Shasta isn't normal but I really can't tell why just yet..no, it's not power or anything. To be honest, his normality rivals that (like it or not Lightning in the first XIII was more normal than Sora and I say this because Nomoura has been milking Sora for all he's worth since after KH2 albit indirectly at that). Sora, well moreso KH is the reason Shasta exists. He is the embodiment of why I began my continuing journy. As for story, it's more of a personal dream turned into fiction far distorted from origin.

I really don't mean to doublepost but my PS3 has a set number of characters I can input, or maybe it's the reply characters from the site? Idk. @Sephy thanks! I don't have a need for accessory abuse or excessive clothing like Nomoura often does. I lean more on abstract but logical designs. @Aldrain thanks, the everso lovely Taochan tagged everything for me. I do need to go back and either remove my titles or rearrange to where they are accurate, because I do remember forgetting what imgs were which because I was only looking at my urls and kinda put some in the wrong catergory regarding my characters.

No worries. I look forward to seeing more of your work. Speaking of which, I really gotta crank out more stuff. Gah-

TheDood

You have something good starting out, I'd say.
I would enjoy seeing something more detailed, as with color, or maybe full body action pose.

Might I recommend as well, when you scan you can resize it, I think. Just have to look around the file or edit tab. Haven't scanned anything in a while, but I think it's one of those if not on the bottom of the screen after it loads.

Back