• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Shantae: Half-Genie Hero by WayForward

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Cassette-Disk

Don't Panic
Awards
Website
steamcommunity.com
Pirate's Curse is pretty sweet. Probably the best Shantae game made so far. It's a lot longer than that Risky's Revenge, but I don't think it's as long as Shantae GBC.

Gram

Banned
Awards
That's good to hear. I was hoping it would be longer. I enjoyed the previous one but felt short changed in length.

Gram

Banned
Awards
I finally got Pirate's Curse today and I'm lovin it. It's definitely an improvement on the previous titles. I'm almost done gathering all the squids and magic but for the life of me I'm missing one of those bat things in Scuttle Town and I can't find it. Dx Anyone else happen to know or have a list of their locations there? All I get from google is review links.

Also can't wait for Half-Genie Hero.

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv
Did you go to the west of the mayor? It requires all the powerups to get there. There's also one in the forest.

And one if you ram a wall by running with the boots in the sewers below the palace.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Did you go to the west of the mayor? It requires all the powerups to get there. There's also one in the forest.

And one if you ram a wall by running with the boots in the sewers below the palace.

I found the one by the mayor and the forest. Not sure about the sewers, let me check. =D Thanks.

Mirby

Too many games too little time
Awards
Website
twitch.tv
No problem.

I do need to go back into my save and buy the last few things I'm missing to get 100%, and I'd like to see if I could speedrun it a bit to unlock that artwork.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Trying the speed run now. I'm replaying one mode as pirate mode using it to take my time and find the shortest routes then I switch to the speedrun and follow those routes up to where I'm at in the other file. *reallydoesntwanttohavetodoaspeedrunasecondtime*

Gram

Banned
Awards
It's two hours exactly. I'm on Tan Line island now and still under one hour. x[ Trying to grab squid were I can without going out of the way so I have health for Pirate Master at the end.

Gram

Banned
Awards
Welp on Bog island now at 57min. It's getting harder and harder to shortcut. Dx

Gram

Banned
Awards
It's definitely pirate mode. If anyone can do it on normal then they deserve a reward of some kind.

Anagram

Banned
Well damn this thread got left in dust. So I take it the Half-genie Hero console game never took off?

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
Well damn this thread got left in dust. So I take it the Half-genie Hero console game never took off?

Game's still unreleased. There was an open beta last Halloween, it seems? Anyone know if it was any good?

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
Ah well, thanks anyways. As it happens, I was looking up this info just yesterday! I guess it's that time when fans start to come out of the woodwork to wonder what's going on?

Anagram

Banned
lol Probably so. I was replaying Pirates Curse and remembered the Half Genie hero game. I wonder whats taking so long...

Blackdrazon

Vulpes Chronicler
Awards
It seems there were a few videos of it. It does look very stylish, if nothing else:

[video=youtube;JRAn71I2L3o]https://youtu.be/JRAn71I2L3o?t=4m40s[/video]

Anagram

Banned
It seems there were a few videos of it. It does look very stylish, if nothing else:

[video=youtube;JRAn71I2L3o]https://youtu.be/JRAn71I2L3o?t=4m40s[/video]

My internet sucks so I couldn't load much but it does look fun. D:
Hopefully it's as fun as Pirate's Curse. I played the first and second game and they was okay but the Pirates Curse was a great platformer/adventure =D

Back