• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Shadows Beneath 2: The Superior Race

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xeon{Myroku}

Demonic Pony
Shadows Beneath 2: The Superior Race (a Pokemon based RP and sequel to Shadows Beneath)

After the raging war between the rebels known as the Institute and the power hungry warriors known as Malum has ended, peace came back to our world of Pokemon. People have returned to their old lives, forgetting about the war that nearly tore humans and Pokemons apart. The ancient and lengendary Pokemons have been able to keep watch over our land, including Arceus who has been keeping a steady eye on us humans.

Those who have fought in the war went back to rebuild their lives and lose touch with their old friends from the war. But they never forgot how peace came to be on that day. Things became peaceful for over 50 years, that is until one day where our peace was lost. A few years ago a meteor hit our planet outside of the Unova region and an excavation team went to study it.

After many months of the excavation they were able to find the crash site of the meteor, but from their surprise it was never a meteor to begin with but instead a space craft. The pod was empty of course but what the excavation team found striked horror upon them. They found what appeared to be husks and skeletons of Pokemon that appear to be drain of life and energy from their bodies.

Months later after the find of the pods, there have been reports of a slight decrease of the Pokemon population in most regions. And eye witness reports of people witnessing these strange people who appeared in those regions. They said that these people were able to use Pokemon moves and they were capable of changing their appearance's into half human and half Pokemon. We believe that these people were the aliens from that pod and the cause of why there are so little Pokemon now.

It's time that the Institute to come back and stop the alien menace that's causing a widespread of Pokemon extinction. It's time to recruit and join the fight before these aliens seek the power of the legendary Pokemon's, especially the masters of time; Dialga, space; Palkia, and the creator; Arceus.

Main Plot:
A new threat has shown up on our planet and it could mean the end for Pokemon and human kind. The aliens have addressed themselves as Lechels, surperiour beings that have the power to absorb Pokemon DNA and use it for their own gain. They are capable of transforming into half human and half Pokemon hybrids and able to use Pokemon Attacks from the Pokemon they absorbed the DNA from. The Institute has been brought back into action but now a new leader has taken charge, a former member and also a king in the Orre region; Xeon Terrum. He will lead the new members of the Institute to prevent the spread of these alien monsters from ciphing out every Pokemon DNA, even from the legendary Pokemon's.

Templates:
These is where we put up our templates if you decide to be apart of the Institute or Lechels.

Name:
(put in the name of your character, if your an alien come up with a name that sounds alien, like Zorac, Galvana, or whatever you can think of)

(for humans the ages will have to be from 10-50 years old, but if your an alien they live longer then humans so the age range will be 90-500 years old)

(needed for both so don't put down uknown for your gender)

Appearance:
(needed for both, the aliens are human like so give them human appearances as well. Now you can describe it or find an image to put up here)

Personality:
(here you describe what your characters are like, adding dislikes, feelings, their traits, and etc.)

(this is for all. Each of them will have ranks, now the ranks will tell you how many kinds of Pokemon you will be allowed to have in the RP and I'll only allow minimum amounts of ranks in the RP so please put whatever rank you want on the template. The list of ranks will be put down on the sign up sheet.)

Weapon:
(all races must have a weapon, wether it be a gun, sword, cross bow, or whatever kind of weapon you have is needed. The aliens must also abide to this rule, I know these things being aliens they would have laser gun, light sabers, or desintergrater guns but to put things fair for everyone they will use earthly weapons too in this RP)

Pokemon:
(this is for Institute memebrs. Now each rank will have an amount of Pokemon. Members will be able to obtain more Pokemon when the RP progress's. So whatever rank you have, will be the amount of Pokemon you can have in your team.)

Pokemon DNA:
(for the Lechels. Seeing as your an alien who only needs Pokemon DNA you will list down the Pokemon DNA(s) you have. The rank will also determine how much Pokemon DNA you will have in the start of this RP. So be aware of your rank before you put down any large amount of DNA for your character, you'll be able to obtain more when the RP progess's. Another thing, you can't have legendary Pokemon DNA yet since we're only beginning)

Pokemon Attacks:
(Pokemon moves are limited here as well to only four like in the game. Also I like to note out that each Pokemon can have one TM and/or HM move on them. Also I will accept Egg moves or relearned moves as well. This also goes the same for the Lechels)

Bio:
(Put down your characters history, tell me something about yourself. How did you come to where you are now and also a little about your family life or anything to keep me interested. So the Bio has to be at least 2 paragraphs long or more. And make sure they're full paragraphs. Up to four or more sentences in each paragraph, and no short sentences like "I have a big family." I'll accept one of those if you opening up but the rest of it better be impressive)

Other:
(you can put down anything extra here if you want. Like if your character has a theme song, any special traits, or whatever)

Rules:
(Please read before signing on)

1) No Godmodding. This means don't make your character invincible, invunerable, or unstoppable. Even for the Lechels, just because you have Pokemon powers doesn't mean you can get hurt, beat up, or injured.

2) No Powerplaying. I don't want people controling other people's characters actions. Unless you have permission to do so like if the person is absent for a while that is okay. But let me know first.

3) No Killing Off Characters: I don't want people to kill anyone off in the RP. Unless someone here can't commit and wishes to be put out of the RP I will allow someone to finish them off. But other then that, no killing characters who want to continue in the RP. You can kill off characters you created, like background characters but no one who is apart of the RP.

4) Keep it PG-13. Only mild language here so none of the big swears here. You can add blood and violence to your posts but don't make it sound gorey like you sliced a man in half revealing his organs spilling out as his body collasped on the ground, bleeding to death.

5) Romance should only be downgraded to kissing, hand holding, and hugging. Nothing over the boundaries of that please.

6) You can have up to 2 characters in the RP. But if things aren't moving along or if people start dropping out we could create more or ask the person if you can use their un-used character.

7) Be nice and considerate to others in the RP. Whether it's in the RP or in the OCC sign-up sheet please be nice to others. I don't want any jackasses here who think they can do whatever they want.

8) 3 Strikes. This is where I give a person a strike when they don't follow the rules. I'll give out warnings to those who are new or aren't aware of the situation. Others I will give out the strikes. When you hit to 3 you are kicked out of the RP for good)

9) Post "Pokemon for dinner" if your Lechels. "Pokemon are friends, not tools." If you are joining the Institute. I will not accept temps if I don't see these on the top of them. If you don't do it, it will count as a strike (or warning to those who are new).

10.) This rule is for old players from the original RP. You are allowed to reuse your old character from the original RP. But that's for you to decide.

11.) Ranking. In the Institute it goes from Commanders (6 Pokemon), Generals (5 Pokemon), Lutenients (4 Pokemon), Medics (3 Pokemon), Captains (3 Pokemon), Peons (2 Pokemon), and Rookie (1 Pokemon).
Now for the Lechels it goes from Brain Master (6 DNA strains), Sqaud Generals (5 DNA strains), Sargents (4 DNA strains), Medics (3 DNA strains) Captains (3 DNA strains), Rookies (2-1 DNA strains).

12.) To Lechels only, I don't want to strain this enough but you can't evolve. Yeah apparently when you absorb the DNA you only become the Pokemon you aquired the DNA from, you can't tap into it's evolutions. If you want to become the evolved form of the Pokemon you are; then you have to obtain the DNA strain of it's evoled form. Also the same as trainers you can only have up to 6 strains of DNA but, when you obtain a new strain you abandon an old one, or in other words expel an old strain out of your body and your only capable of absorbing DNA from Pokemon when you're in your true state or original self. Which means when your fighting another Pokemon in one of your DNA forms you can absorb the DNA of said Pokemon your fighting in your DNA forms. Got it?

13.) If you have any questions please submit them to me either here, on my account wall, or PM me (if it is a personal question).

14) Have F-U-N!!!!!!

Institute Board:

Commanders: (need a total of 3 to start)

1.) Xeon Terrum (Page 2: Xeon{Myroku})
2.) (reserved for GrandMaster_Chris)
3.)

Generals: (need a total of 3-4 to start)

1.)
2.)
3.)
4.)

Lietenants: (need a total of 2 to start)

1.) Isara Mixer (Page 3: Sugar Rush)
2.) Brendan Odamaki (Page 2: Keyblade Seeker)

Medics: (need a total of 2-3 to start)

1.) Von "Green" Sapien(Page 2: Von83194)
2.) Riley Naowin (Page 2: Abstract)
3.)

Captains: (need a total of 3-5 to start)

1.)
2.)
3.)
4.)
5.)

Peons: (unlimited)

1.) Ryu Terrum (Page 4: Xeon Terrum)

Rookie: (unlimited)

Lechels Board:

Brain Master: (need up to 2 to start)

1.)
2.)

Squad Generals: (need up to 3 to start)

1.) (reserved for Chromatic)
2.) Milamber Daxtrosious (Page 4: LightandDark)
3.)

Sargents: (need up to 2 to start)

1.)
2.)

Medics: (need up to 2-4 to start)

1.) Esisi Tabix (Page 4: Sugar Rush)

Captains: (need up to 3-5 to start)

1.) Leaq Yuef (Page 4: Abstract)
2.)

Rookies: (need only 3 with 2 DNA strains, the rest is unlimited)​

Last edited:

GrandMaster_Chris

The Full Lotus
Awards
Reserving 2 spots, 1 commander and 1 Lieutenant. The lieutenant being my old character from the original rp.

Chromatic

Become
Awards
When you say that Lechels are limited to up to six DNA strains, does that mean that they can hold up to six at a time and switch between them? Or is that just the limit as to how many strains they can absorb through the RP or something?

Xeon{Myroku}

Demonic Pony
Lechels can only hold up to 6 DNA strains of Pokemon DNA within their system. They can't absorb anymore to put in reserve. If they want to absorb another strain they need to abandon or release one of the 6 DNA strains they already have. The released strain just becomes a whisp of spiritual energy that eventually fades after release.

Von which side are going to be a medic for? I need to know if I'm gonna set a reserved spot. There are medics for the Lechel's and for the Institute.

Chromatic

Become
Awards
Lechels can only hold up to 6 DNA strains of Pokemon DNA within their system. They can't absorb anymore to put in reserve. If they want to absorb another strain they need to abandon or release one of the 6 DNA strains they already have. The released strain just becomes a whisp of spiritual energy that eventually fades after release.

Von which side are going to be a medic for? I need to know if I'm gonna set a reserved spot. There are medics for the Lechel's and for the Institute.

And they switch between strains as a trainer would Pokemon, correct?

Awards
Pokemon are friends, not tools.

Name: Brendan Odamaki

Appearance:
180px-BrendanNextQuest41.jpg

Personality: Brendan is a competitive battler before becoming Lieutenant in the Institute. He also has a touch of style as he also has a side preference to Contests. He takes pride in his headgear and never takes it off in front of anyone. When he sleeps, he has a nightcap. He has a very keen vision and can tell fron sight if someone's not who they're supposed to be (i.e. Team Rocket in paper-thin disguises that can fool animé!Ash and friends all the time). He goes nuts over cute cries like those of a Torchic and Skitty and can't focus well upon hearing it.

Weapon: Light battle-axe

Pokemon:

Brendan owns more, but because of Institute rules, he keeps the rest back home, where they may be safe from the Lechels.

1. Terraqus (Swampert) - Brendan's first Pokémon, which he obtained from his local Pokémon Professor. Even as a Mudkip, he was the main powerhouse in the team. He's very trustworthy, and is a peacekeeper amongst the team. He also is able to act on his own accord whenever Brendan couldn't think of a plan or is in no state to, like when in a breakdown.

2. Windria (Swellow) - Brendan's third Pokémon, which he caught (as a Taillow) during his travels. Throughout her time with Brendan, he taught her how to do maneuvers similar to how airplanes do, like the 'barrel roll', the Wronski feint, and 'top gunning' (slowing down while an enemy tails her, having them zip past by her, giving her the advantage). She is also the first female Pokémon in Brendan's party.

3. Thundermax (Manectric) - Brendan's fifth Pokémon, which he caught (as an Electrike) during his travels. At first, he was quite a loner and always kept his distance whenever Brendan sent out his Pokémon to eat. Eventually, he mellowed out and stuck around with the rest of the party, mostly Shadow (a Mightyena belonging to Brendan, but is left at home). He's mostly a ranged attacker, his signature move being Shock Wave.

4. Onadi (Machamp) - Brendan's sixth Pokémon, which he caught (as a Machop) during his travels. Brendan spent a lot of time with him, teaching him martial arts maneuvers and other close combat attacks. His loyalty is unwavering except for when pitted against seemingly weaker opponents.

Pokemon Attacks:

Terraqus
1. Ice Beam (TM)
2. Water Gun
3. Mud Shot
4. Protect

Windria
1. Fly (HM)
2. Wing Attack
3. Aerial Ace
4. Double Team

Thundermax
1. Shock Wave (TM)
2. Thunderwave
3. Thunderbolt
4. Headbutt

Onadi
1. Karate Chop
2. Ice Punch (tutored)
3. Flamethrower (TM)
4. Light Screen (via breeding)

Bio:

Brendan was a descendant of the Odamaki family, which the renowned Professor Birch was part of. During his journey, he caught a number of Pokémon and trained them to their best. He was mainly a Trainer who challenges gyms, but also has a side preference to Contests. In addition to using moves as they are, he also implements other styles in his Pokémon's movesets, like the "leg sweep", and aerial dogfight movements for his Flying-types, like the "barrel roll" and "top gunning".

Upon hearing of the alien threat, he almost didn't believe it at first. But after an encounter with one of them, everything changed. The one he saw had absorbed a Skitty right in front of his eyes, then turned to him, with a desire to kill to keep up the (failing) masquerade. Not wanting to use his Pokémon as they might be absorbed too, he immediately ran to a road sign, pulled it up, and proceeded to defend himself. It was a brutal experience, which miraculously wasn't bloody, but Brendan won out in the end.

Somebody from the Institute was in the area and saw Brendan's skill. He came up to the boy and offered him the chance to join. Seeing the brutal absorption, ans wishing to protect the Pokémon, Brendan accepted. He started as a rookie, but eventually advanced in the ranks thanks to his near unnatural smarts. He made a solemn oath to defend the Pokémon world from the alien threat and will stop at nothing (short of preserving his own life, that of his Pokémon, and those he cherishes) to send them off the planet.

Other: Brendan is proficient in the art of Berry Blending. He also has the limited telepathy, which he can only use it towards his Pokémon. Along with telepathic commands, he also uses verbal commands to throw off the enemy's suspicions. He also gives the Pokémon he owns pieces of clothing to wear for identification.

Terraqus wears orange armbands around his forelegs, Windria wears a blue white-spotted bonnet around her head, and Onadi wears green wristbands. Thundermax has an unintentional marking; an X-scar on his face, received during a rough battle with a Linoone.

Spoilers only for the admin to read: (will delete after being answered)

Is my character too unbalanced? If so, in what way?

Last edited:

Xeon{Myroku}

Demonic Pony
And they switch between strains as a trainer would Pokemon, correct?

@ Chromatic: Correct. Just as trainers do they can switch their DNA strains to another strain they have. But only when they are at their human state they can actually absorb Pokemon DNA. So in battles when they are a Pokemon hybrid they can't absorb strains.

Just think of them as a human Ditto in the pokemon games. But only limited to 6 hybrid transformationsg they can switch to in battle. And after the Pokemon they fought is beated to near death; they absorb the remaining energy they have left.

@ Keyblade Seeker: I am sorry I can not accept this. Please read the rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back