• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Shadow of the Eternals | Eternal Darkness: Sanity's Requiem

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
shadow-of-the-eternals.jpg

A spiritual successor to the cult horror hit exclusively on GameCube, Shadow of the Eternals begins "when Detective Paul Becker is called to one of the bloodiest gang massacres in Louisiana state history, only two survivors remain from a brutal conflict between two rival cults. As Becker begins his interrogations of the suspects, their combined recollections will uncover the truth about the 'Eternals'. Featuring an ensemble cast of heroes and villains, Shadow of the Eternals will span over 2500 years of history throughout Egypt, England, Hungary, and the United States. Players will question the perception of reality as they try to balance the mechanics of combat, magick, and sanity events to progress through the adventure. Shadow of the Eternals will take players on a memorable journey throughout time; weaving historical fact with disturbing fiction to create an experience unlike any other."

Development hit a snag with a failed kickstarted but was very recently brought back with a new business model and is back on track with a 'new' trailer to show off for it. Expected to be released on Wii U and PC.

[video=youtube;mdgEksdFNZs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdgEksdFNZs[/video]

They're also about a year old, but here is a two part interview with the director of the games, that is definitely worth the read and talks about how he feels about the industry as a long-time veteran of it, and some background on the games as well:

Denis Dyack Interview Part 1 - Yellow Journalism and What Really Happened with X-Men Destiny - Niche Gamer
Denis Dyack Interview Part 2 - #GamerGate, the IGDA, and Censorship - Niche Gamer

Also here's the link to the game's website on their new website after Silicon Knights was disbanded. It's still kinda empty, but an E3 surprise would be nice.

Currently playing through the original game right now so I figured I'd make a thread about it to spread the horror goodness around. Anyone else ever play through Eternal Darkness? I'm about halfway through right now, should finish up sometime tomorrow.

Last edited:

ShardofTruth

Unchained
Awards
I love Eternal Darkness, played through it like three times with all three paths. I think what broke Shadow of the Eternals' neck the first time is that Denis Dyack is a very controversial developer, there is a lot of bad history mostly regarding the Xbox-exclusive "Too Human".

Hopefully Shadow of the Eternals will become a great game despite all the drama surrounding it.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
Yeah, I remember starting with the red artifact, not knowing that was unofficially hard mode for the game. Completely did not realize just how old school this game was in having no checkpoints and died partway through like four chapters in and lost everything lol. So I shelved the game for about a year now and just picked it back up now (with the green artifact lol) since I had a horror craving and this got put back on track last week.

I think it'll still be pretty good, he's wanting to move forward past all that happened so hopefully people will let him, which seems to mostly be the case. And hopefully it gets a physical release and everything too, maybe Limited Run Games can work something out. I know they're trying with Fatal Frame 5, cause consumers will do what Nintendon't as usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back