• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

shading practice

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

GIIIIIIIIIRLZ :D

Website
xephelyn.deviantart.com
Well it's looking damn near perfect if you ask me. Though I gotta admit, I'm not really one for shading/lightening/ARGHBRAINDEAD myself.

The only thing I have to mention is probably the folds - I mean the stripped fold thingy, right outside the red ribbon on both sides. It looks less natural compared to everything else.

Otherwise aay, spot on!

Ashley

| P |
Website
ashley425.deviantart.com
The only thing I have to mention is probably the folds - I mean the stripped fold thingy, right outside the red ribbon on both sides. It looks less natural compared to everything else.

Ah ok, I see what you mean. I had a bit of trouble deciding how I was going to shade that since there's really no folds or anything there. Thanks for pointing it out!

Vayne Mechanics

Expert of Asian things
Awards
To be honest, I find the shading somewhat inconsistent. Some parts are done well, but others just look really flat like the skin. >: No offense Ash, but uhhh, I can hardly see the shading in the skin. It's also lacking a few highlights here and there.

His torso looks kind of long.

Ashley

| P |
Website
ashley425.deviantart.com
To be honest, I find the shading somewhat inconsistent. Some parts are done well, but others just look really flat like the skin. >: No offense Ash, but uhhh, I can hardly see the shading in the skin. It's also lacking a few highlights here and there.

His torso looks kind of long.

No offense taken; this is why I'm posting it here ;D And thanks, I'll try to remember to shade the skin more!

mogcaiz

Website
mogcaiz.deviantart.com
Very soft use of colors here, which is nothing wrong with of course ^^ But I guess it means the same as the lack of contrast in the shades and color tones which is already mentioned.

A big plus for the nice hand holding the thingy, which is the part which looks the most catchy to me atm.

Hmm.. his jacket should have much more agressive and visible folds, especially along the arms, while the torso part is less affected with folds. A t-shirt would have its fold much more curvy and easily affected since it consist of a very lightweighted material. The jacket he wears is much thicker and heavier, its kinda harder to fold it, but when it does, the folds will be much more sharper and harder if you know what I mean.

http://www.stephenallenmenswear.co.uk/blazer/image/4551_large.jpg This can be a good reference.
You might be finished with the drawing, and its too late for such "large" changes, but its anyways a nice thing to take with you.

Otherwise, its a nice composited drawing. Good use of colors. It could need some more spice in the background to make it look more complete :)

Ashley

| P |
Website
ashley425.deviantart.com
http://www.stephenallenmenswear.co.uk/blazer/image/4551_large.jpg This can be a good reference.
You might be finished with the drawing, and its too late for such "large" changes, but its anyways a nice thing to take with you.

Bah I wish I had this image before I shaded! I should of looked at some before attempting his clothes. xD But yeah, I see what you're talking about. I've saved the psd so I might attempt to re-shade areas when I have nothing else to work on. Thanks for the input! :]

Danica Syer

Trivia: Love ღ
I really like it. I think you did a pretty good job with shading...sorry I can't find out what's needed to be changed and what not.

Blue

home is where the heart is
Wow the picture is unbelievably well-drawn, I envy you :]
I really like the colouring and everything, very nice!

[I'm not an expert when it comes to shading, but I see that others have helped you already. :)]

Subtly Inspiring
Warm Light > Cool shadows.

Otherwise, everything else has been pointed out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back