• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

sex is a myth

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Solar

nothing ever ends
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
Well according to my physics professor, You all may or may not exist at all, its my prospection of reality. just like if i turn my back to the moon is it still there?

Btw this has been proven by some sort of equation.

also, this is where the saying "If a tree falls in the forest and no ones around does it make a sound" comes from

that's a really dumb question

Taylor

Gold Member
Awards
yes the moon is still there it doesn't just go away

jeez what the fuck

magicedd

Bronze Member
Awards
How can you prove that? How do you know its really there at all?, physics in college just blows your mind lmao

magicedd

Bronze Member
Awards
Lol well how do you know it wasnt their before you held up the mirror?

Not kidding go look this up, or go ask a physics prof about this. its so confusing

magicedd

Bronze Member
Awards
Your physics professor is stupid. Or is just thinking too deeply.

Nope, he didint belive this either,

einstein had an argument about this with some guy (dont remember his name) about his writing saying that the moon really didnt exist, and the guy won. Its so damn weird. I still dont really belive, and neither did my professor threw out his undergraduate time, but once he hit graduate school they showed him the equation or what ever it was, and it was true look it up or go ask

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Well according to my physics professor, You all may or may not exist at all, its my prospection of reality. just like if i turn my back to the moon is it still there?
Except there is nothing helpful or useful in such a worldview, and doesn't account for the sheer complexity presence even in ones own neighbourhood, let alone in one's home planet.
No, the thing you've just mentioned has not been proven or disproven. I'm pretty sure it's impossible for an equation to be applied to it, given it's more of a philosophical question than a scientific one. When the scientific community decide to discuss singular or pluralistic perceptions of the world, the vast majority agree that a 'this world is just a dream/creation of my own mind' perspective is a simply stupid one.
also, this is where the saying "If a tree falls in the forest and no ones around does it make a sound" comes from
The question comes from a related concept, not the exact one you're talking about. If an event 'occurs' or an object 'exists' but there is no one there to perceive its occurrence or presence, does it truly occur/exist at all?
How can you prove that? How do you know its really there at all?, physics in college just blows your mind lmao
Your physics professor is talking about things more philosophical than scientific, to be perfectly honest.
Lol well how do you know it wasnt their before you held up the mirror?
Because the idea that a single human mind - or even the cumulative perceptive 'power' of all humanity - is capable of unconsciously willing objects into existence is absurd.
Not kidding go look this up, or go ask a physics prof about this. its so confusing
It's pretty basic unless you insist on taking the silly perspective on it all.
einstein had an argument about this with some guy (dont remember his name) about his writing saying that the moon really didnt exist, and the guy won. Its so damn weird. I still dont really belive, and neither did my professor threw out his undergraduate time, but once he hit graduate school they showed him the equation or what ever it was, and it was true look it up or go ask
Tell us the name of this worldview/concept or the name of the equation so we know what to look up, because what you're talking about is super-vague.

Mind you, I think I roughly recall that argument. The guy who 'won' didn't prove anything. Apply specific types of logic and laws, he could prove it, but it didn't account for the wider ways in which things behave and interact.

Last edited:

scubasteve

Banned
Awards
thats not even funny, i have a dad in the mines, but you wouldn te even no because your so full of mines... thatll blow up your face idiot. ..

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
captain's log:

i am still trapped within the dank depths of this pussy. i no longer know how many days i have spent in here. time is...illusive in a place like this. my escape efforts have thus far been in vain, and i have but one desperate idea left. i will bombard the walls with a substance of a low friction coefficient and attempt to wriggle my way out. i am clearly going insane. this may very well be my last entry.

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards

Well, this thread is already ruined. Might as well get in a debate.

It makes a sound. Just leave a recorder to record the crash and bam. Audio evidence.

Turn your back to the moon. You can still see the light that is reflected off the moon. BAM! I just crushed your "theory".

Ophan

Airman
Awards
Website
zionphnx.deviantart.com
Dude, Where's the Moon?

Starring: Ashton Kutcher, and Seann William Scott

Summary: two friends go on a crazy adventure as they search for the moon not realizing that it was behind them the whole time

roll credits

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back