• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Seven Guardians of Light and Thirteen Seekers of Darkness

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards
Re: Seven Guardians of Light and Thirteen Seekers of Darkness.

Yes, the current Riku failed as a SoD. The Riku who sided with the Darkness, who felt betrayed by Sora and wanted to save Kairi all by himself however......

Exactly, though Nayru's Love does have a good point in his argument. Why send someone who could grow resistant?

Data Riku, while I wanted it to be him from the start, probably not possible. So far we don't know if the Data beings can come out of the journal.

"That was my... my dark side. I gave into the darkness once and ever since it's chased me around in one form or another. The Seeker of Darkness who stole my body. A puppet replica of the shadows in my heart. And now, I'm facing me."

"The Seeker of Darkness who stole my body."

"A puppet replica of the shadows in my heart."

"And now, I'm facing me."

(excusing the fact I had to use the Data Riku model since there are no others).
Riku's character development has come from him trying to right the wrongs of his past. He has battled with the Replica and with Ansem multiple times, but the one thing he hasn't directly had to conquer was his main mistake. His past self. The one who started all of this. The one Ansem SoD saw as a candidate for using his body. The one with enough darkness in his heart to destroy his home, his friends and everything he knew. Kingdom Hearts III would do well with having Riku right his KH1 self to overcome the original problem.

It would definitely work and be interesting from a story perspective.
I find it interesting that the Riku in the coat, reacted in this silent way. I don't know why but it kind of reminded me of Xion... Could he be another Replica?
It's also interesting to note that his eyes weren't yellow like the others, but the same color as Riku's which was also the case when Riku was possessed.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards

Yeah I think that is what gave him the strength to pull it off, he knew he didn't need to do it long just long enough for Kairi and Co. to get away.
At time is Nomura such a tease. I can wait until we learn more about the "Terra/Xehanort/Eraqus"-mess.
I'm guessing seeing Ansem was a heartless it was easier for him to connect with the darkness to let it swallow Riku's heart. Interesting enough it seemed Riku had a temp body, similar to Sora's, in the realm of darkness, if I remember correctly.
That theory makes sense, but I don't see Eraqus being able to open a gate to the realm of darkness.
It's the most logical explanation.
Nomura is that rather often I'd say instead of only at times, lol. And that's nicely put. Some of the things Nomura pulls off border even on troll-territory.
Riku's heart projected his physical form like it remembered it in the Realm of Darkness, yep. The heart dictates the appearance, as we can see with Roxas who after being born from Sora's heart took on the physical appearance of the heart left within the body at that time.
Riku gained his real/original body back though when KH's light offed Ansem after the final battle in KH 1.
I also wouldn't attribute that to any conscious doing on Eraqus' part. Terra-Xehanort stabbed himself, thus unlocking the heart conglomerate inside the body in order to kick Terra's heart out, but if I remember correctly the gate to the dark realm was opened by the Guardian, not Terra-Xehanort.

That makes sense, it would also give him more reason to push for his freedom.
I think the fact that Riku welcomed Ansem might have also been an advantage for Riku, seeing Ansem probably thought that he had already won and that's why Riku could still fight back as well as he did even so long after being possesed. Where Terra was fighting it from the beginning meaning Xehanort didn't loosen up at all making it harder to regain just a little control.

I think that's something darkness tends to do, it breads more darkness within someones heart if it's been nurtured enough. That's what makes it so dangerous, because once it gets it fangs into you really good, it won't let go easily. Though as Riku has proven you can overcome it and live with it as a strength. I'm interested in seeing how Terra will handle his darkness in the future.

No you didn't, but I'm not quite sure if I understood what you meant with less supportive than Sora. Aqua definitely went to great lengths to save both and as you stated she had to save Ven first, which Xehanort used to his advantage. The trio was terribly played. It really just wasn't a possibility that it would have ended well for all of them. Sadly...

Yes, because then Terra saw that not everything was lost yet and if he could shake off Xehanort, maybe he could set things right together with Aqua. Xehanort had other ideas though...
That's certainly also a factor to keep in mind. Ansem SoD and his power came in handy for Riku at first, so Ansem would be content in believing that he has found an obedient vessel. I recall Ansem even acting surprised when he moved against Kairi and Riku projected himself, stopping Ansem's movements.

Yep, although in order to overcome it most people, even Riku, need help from outside, they can't do it all by themselves. In KH 1 it were Sora and Kairi, in Chain of Memories it were Mickey and Naminé who helped Riku.
Terra will probably create more Braigs by shooting bad guys' eyeballs out with dark bullets, rofl. XD

I meant "less supportive" in terms of circumstances, as Sora didn't have that much on his plate than Aqua had. The forms of distrust and wariness Aqua showed in Radiant Garden were actually shown by Sora too in KH 1 towards Riku, during the Pinocchio scenes in Monstro.
And the irony is that Aqua also failed in that regard as she couldn't prevent Vanitas from forcefully fusing with Ven, leading in the end to Ven's heart being nearly destroyed a second time.

Seems that way.

The similarities and the differences is what makes it interesting, seeing they are similar but they won't necessarily react the same way to the situation.
Yeah that was one of the few grey moments of the series. I mean he had his reasons and the world needed Sora, but in doing so he ended Roxas' existence in the realm of light. I agree that DiZ was acting just like the organization, but I don't think Namine was working on a private agenda she just knew how important it was for Sora to be awaked.

I really hope Kairi joins Sora and Riku as the Tritagonist someday, seeing I really feel we need a female hero in an very important role and it would make sence for it to be her to focus on her Trio.

Gotta deliver one hell of a show. ;)

With the new information from DDD this gets in retrospect even another layer of "grey" as Sora states exactly that Roxas has as much the right to exist as his own independent individual than he himself has. A right which Riku, DiZ and Naminé ignored by favoring Sora, much like Axel (at first) ignored it too by trying to convert Sora into a Heartless to forcefully get Roxas back.
Roxas' statement about "this could have been the other way around" hits into the same spot as right now Roxas is the one who's forced to sleep trapped somewhere, while if DiZ and co. had not forced events the other way would really have come to pass.
I was also never indicating that Naminé was working on a sort of "private agenda", after all, she is the only one of the party to actually show being uneasy about what they're about to do in Days regarding both Roxas and Xion.
I was only pointing out that she, DiZ and Riku do not have the moral high ground over the Organisation as both parties were just using Roxas as a toy/tool for pursuing their goals without any regard for his own wishes.
The only one who so far has shown to considerate Roxas' own wishes is Sora himself in DDD, Axel might be around that corner too, but many of his decisions and actions were also driven by more selfish goals.

Yeah, true that. I liked how the RXA and TVA was presented in their own way and well, SRK just kind of fell off the wagon so to speak. :/

To be completely honest though, RAX was the only trio to be really presented in a somewhat balanced manner with all three characters getting to interact more than once. The Aqua-Ventus "side" of the TAV-Triangle is very sparsely addressed just like the Kairi-Riku side in SRK.

I heard that, too.. I think it's from previous series. Maybe Vanitas and the other Org.13 members?

Then you heard more than me, as Nomura never indicated anything about new characters. The interview snippets Chaser posted show his statements on the matter.

Not sure about Aeleus, but I think Dilan and Ienzo have a decent chance. Dilan (as Xaldin) adopted Xehanort's douchebag personality, whereas Ienzo (as Zexion) may have grown as a result of Xehanort's influence.

Vanitas isn't confirmed to be a current SoD; that one scene in the cathedral isn't sufficient enough evidence. In fact, I'd be willing to argue that it's likely that he'll be the 13th.

Unless you're going off his yellow eyes?
Well, Dilan was reported by Aeleus as still being unstable, but Ienzo didn't seem to have any malice left in the short screentime he had in DDD.
Even is also unstable, and while he may not be the strongest fighter, he was in the Ansem Reports noted as the apprentice with the greatest interest in Xehanort's memories, the master and creator of the Replica Project, somehow knew in BBS that Ventus has a heart of pure light (and that this state was created artifically) and his practically KH's equivalent of Professor Hojo.
So Even being a darkness is not completely out of the question.

That one scene in the cathedral is very surreal anyways. Nomura only spoke about Ventus' heart reacting inside Sora, and Vanitas "reacting" somehow to Ventus inside Sora, but it is not even confirmed that Sora even "saw" Vanitas at all (his reaction indicates only confusion/irritation at Young Xehanort's words, not surprise of there being a second figure (with his features no less) beside YMX). Right after Sora's reaction, we see only Young MX alone standing there.

The golden eyes (which are very similar to Xehanort's) are a dead give-away though that Vanitas had/has a Xehanort-seed in his heart.
Then there's also to keep in mind that Vanitas was together with Xehanort for four entire years, so Xehanort had enough time to nurture this particular seed by himself.

Neither was KH1 Riku but I don't see you making a case against that.
Besides, why else would they have shown Vanitas there? Like with KH1 Riku, it seemed to be foreshadowing.

I would make a case for Vanitas even more likely than KH 1 Riku, solely because of the golden Xehanort-seed-eyes. KH 1 Riku did not have Xehanort's golden eyes and Ansem's possession was, in comparison to say, Terra's, relatively short.

Well for one, that can't be KH1 Riku because he was bound to fail as a SoD. YMX made that clear when he explained how Riku was the original 13th candidate. Second, that could've been Repliku or Data Riku. Hell, maybe, by some chance, he isn't even a SoD. All we know is that he has the iconic black cloak, which in itself isn't concrete evidence.

Also, him disappearing wasn't at all similar to Vanitas' disappearance. Vanitas vanished as if he literally wasn't there, or as if he was a construction of Sora's mind. The Riku in question used a CoD. Thus, their existences are very different in nature

Believe me, I also think he's one of the SoD's. Well, more like, the future 13th one. The most important thing to note about Vanitas is that he doesn't have a physical existence in the present, so his ability to time-travel to the present is up for debate.

Right, YMX was going through all the candidates they considered for the 13th position. First Riku, who developed a resistance, then Roxas, who became uncontrollable before anything could be done and then Sora.
That "Riku" disappeared through a dark corridor though, much like Ansem and Xemnas do throughout DDD in the dream world, so maybe it is really the Replica, as he was a product of the Organisation after all.

Vanitas only flickered there beside Young MX for a few seconds. Based on Sora's reaction I'm not even sure that Sora actually saw him. Nomura stated that Ventus' heart inside Sora was reacting to Young Xehanort and Vanitas in turn reacting to Ventus inside Sora, so it's entirely possibly that Ventus' heart "saw" Vanitas while Sora only saw Young Xehanort:
DDD Ultimania said:
— Why did Xehanort and co. word things as if to try and wake Ventus who is inside Sora?Nomura: They did so in order to tempt Sora’s heart and have it fall to the darkness. In the story it also talks about how abandoning the self leads to losing the heart. When you see Vanitas (the dark half of Ventus who appeared in KHBBS) overlay Young Xehanort for a moment, that represents Ventus’ heart reacting inside Sora.

This together with Adrian's Famitsu-snippet of Nomura speaking about Vanitas makes the whole scene very iffy and tells us nothing about Vanitas except that his sense of self apparently still exists and that he is capable of reacting "somehow" to Ventus when his heart inside Sora stirs.

How could all the other Xehanort-vessels travel to the present? For this there needs to be a version existing, and it DOES: The revived Saix and Xigbar can count as "Xehanort", so Young MX, Ansem and Xemnas can travel to them into the present. Seeing that Vanitas has pretty likely an advanced Xehanort-Seed, he could be counted more as a "Xehanort" and therefore being present at the meeting in TWTNW.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards

It's the most logical explanation.
Nomura is that rather often I'd say instead of only at times, lol. And that's nicely put. Some of the things Nomura pulls off border even on troll-territory.
Riku's heart projected his physical form like it remembered it in the Realm of Darkness, yep. The heart dictates the appearance, as we can see with Roxas who after being born from Sora's heart took on the physical appearance of the heart left within the body at that time.
Riku gained his real/original body back though when KH's light offed Ansem after the final battle in KH 1.
I also wouldn't attribute that to any conscious doing on Eraqus' part. Terra-Xehanort stabbed himself, thus unlocking the heart conglomerate inside the body in order to kick Terra's heart out, but if I remember correctly the gate to the dark realm was opened by the Guardian, not Terra-Xehanort.

I find Nomura's trolling quite amusing. Also by him doing it this way, we get more to speculate over and discuss.
I just don't quite get why his heart did that instead of becoming a heartless, might have to do with how his heart left his body.
So you think it's more likely that Eraqus and Terra just hindered Xehanort of banishing Terra's heart, which then led to him falling into the gate and losing his memories?

Yes, because then Terra saw that not everything was lost yet and if he could shake off Xehanort, maybe he could set things right together with Aqua. Xehanort had other ideas though...
That's certainly also a factor to keep in mind. Ansem SoD and his power came in handy for Riku at first, so Ansem would be content in believing that he has found an obedient vessel. I recall Ansem even acting surprised when he moved against Kairi and Riku projected himself, stopping Ansem's movements.

Yep, although in order to overcome it most people, even Riku, need help from outside, they can't do it all by themselves. In KH 1 it were Sora and Kairi, in Chain of Memories it were Mickey and Naminé who helped Riku.
Terra will probably create more Braigs by shooting bad guys' eyeballs out with dark bullets, rofl. XD

I meant "less supportive" in terms of circumstances, as Sora didn't have that much on his plate than Aqua had. The forms of distrust and wariness Aqua showed in Radiant Garden were actually shown by Sora too in KH 1 towards Riku, during the Pinocchio scenes in Monstro.
And the irony is that Aqua also failed in that regard as she couldn't prevent Vanitas from forcefully fusing with Ven, leading in the end to Ven's heart being nearly destroyed a second time.

Yeah he got a glimmer of hope and went for it, sadly that led to tragedy for both him and Aqua.
Ansem was quite surprised. He even stated it was impossible. He really seemed to have been sure he won and that Riku was under his control.

Yeah, but by letting others help him his ties to them also grew stronger.
Great way to deal with your darkness, go shut it into other people! xD
But really I see his journey in dealing with it while be quite different from Riku's. Also he'd have Riku that could help him on this journey.

Oh okay. Yeah Aqua definitely had more on her plate then Sora did. While Sora did display similar forms of distrust and wariness I think he had a little more trust in Riku, then Aqua had in Terra.

Well she didn't fail out of lack of trying, she gave it her all, it just wasn't good enough. Though mainly because of the circumstances, if she hadn't been knocked out she might have been able to save Ven, but it still would have probably been to late for Terra.
I wonder who actually got the worse fate Terra or Aqua.
After all Aqua gave it her all and always came so close. She gave up her freedom to save a friend, who she will learn was responsible for a lot of pain and suffering in the universe. Also she had to witnes that the worlds she tried to protect had fallen into darkness and later on she learned that none of her friends came to their rescue but another boy with the keyblade in hand. Worse if she remembers her encounter with Sora, she'd learn that the boy she wanted to spare the fate of fighting his best friend ended up doing just that.

Gotta deliver one hell of a show. ;)

With the new information from DDD this gets in retrospect even another layer of "grey" as Sora states exactly that Roxas has as much the right to exist as his own independent individual than he himself has. A right which Riku, DiZ and Naminé ignored by favoring Sora, much like Axel (at first) ignored it too by trying to convert Sora into a Heartless to forcefully get Roxas back.
Roxas' statement about "this could have been the other way around" hits into the same spot as right now Roxas is the one who's forced to sleep trapped somewhere, while if DiZ and co. had not forced events the other way would really have come to pass.
I was also never indicating that Naminé was working on a sort of "private agenda", after all, she is the only one of the party to actually show being uneasy about what they're about to do in Days regarding both Roxas and Xion.
I was only pointing out that she, DiZ and Riku do not have the moral high ground over the Organisation as both parties were just using Roxas as a toy/tool for pursuing their goals without any regard for his own wishes.
The only one who so far has shown to considerate Roxas' own wishes is Sora himself in DDD, Axel might be around that corner too, but many of his decisions and actions were also driven by more selfish goals.

To be completely honest though, RAX was the only trio to be really presented in a somewhat balanced manner with all three characters getting to interact more than once. The Aqua-Ventus "side" of the TAV-Triangle is very sparsely addressed just like the Kairi-Riku side in SRK.

Yes it would appear so.

Yeah though I think Riku would have liked to have approached Roxas differently, if the circumstances were better. But he had to act fast, unlike with Xion where he could take his time and let it be her decision. If they didn't stop him then and there, Roxas would have gone through with his plan and probably would either get captured or worse. This does not however change the fact that they ignored that right, though DiZ was convinced he had no such right, so maybe that played into it.
But Roxas also stated he acknowledged it had to be Sora. If it were the other way round things would have gone differently and probably in a worse way. One of the biggest differences between Roxas and Sora in my opinion is Sora's ability to connect to anyone, which is needed for the story to come and for the kh2 story to an extent otherwise the people of the worlds we visited would have been off quite a bit worse. I think Riku and Namine realized that Sora was needed and because of that decided to do such a thing, sure they also had more feelings for Sora but I do think they had more trouble doing such a thing.
Namine definitely seemed to be the one that struggled the most with these decisions. She actively tried to make the transition easier for both Xion and Roxas.
While they didn't have the moral high ground, they were more troubled by it and not as indifferent, or so it seemed to me. I'm sure Xion also considered Roxas' wishes, but knew it was important for Sora to wake up.

RAX is definitely the best developed trio, I mean you could actually tell that Xion and Axel were friends, that they cared for, trusted and liked hanging out with each other. I feel the Aqua-Ventus relationship was better explored than Riku-Kairi. After all With Ven and Aqua we know they have a Big Sister - Little Brother kind of relationship and that she is quite protective of him. Let's just hope that in KH3 will have a lot of development of Kairi and Riku's friendship, sure KH1 and 2 had some nice moments, but not really enough to define what their relationship is.

By the way what do you think of the list I posted? Did I forget anyone?

Smithee

Awards

@AdrianXXII - And all of that is why I feel she's likely to "pull an Eraqus" at some point in KH3, most likely blaming herself for not being aggressive enough against Darkness in BBS, believing if she was then MX may not have had his way with her friends.

That, and she may subconsciously want revenge on MX and his legacy (mostly associated with Darkness) for everything that's happened, although she may not realize it until the end.

Surprisingly similar to Godot from Ace Attorney, actually.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards

@AdrianXXII - And all of that is why I feel she's likely to "pull an Eraqus" at some point in KH3, most likely blaming herself for not being aggressive enough against Darkness in BBS, believing if she was then MX may not have had his way with her friends.

That, and she may subconsciously want revenge on MX and his legacy (mostly associated with Darkness) for everything that's happened, although she may not realize it until the end.

Surprisingly similar to Godot from Ace Attorney, actually.

Eraqus terrably overreacts once and regrets it almost immediately afterwards and now there's already a "pull and Eraques"...

I can't see Aqua hating the darkness she spent 11 years in darkness, she kinda had to except it's existance. If anything I can see her fall into a deep depression... she already almost did at the end of BBS.

Smithee

Awards

Eraqus terrably overreacts once and regrets it almost immediately afterwards and now there's already a "pull and Eraques"...

I can't see Aqua hating the darkness she spent 11 years in darkness, she kinda had to except it's existance. If anything I can see her fall into a deep depression... she already almost did at the end of BBS.
First, it must be noted that Nomura confirmed a different time flow in the ROD (Aqua mentioned "endless hours" to ATW). Also, the ROD has done nothing but terrorize her from the start, so if anything, she's been subjected to an onslaught of negative reinforcement.

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net

First, it must be noted that Nomura confirmed a different time flow in the ROD (Aqua mentioned "endless hours" to ATW).Also, the ROD has done nothing but terrorize her from the start, so if anything, she's been subjected to a onslaught of negative reinforcement.In addition, she'd have far more understandable/sympathetic reason to go overboard than Eraqus.

Attack Sora and comany by mistake yes, but never that. Because you seem to love derailing Aqua, she should have hope since Sora will set things right (Blank Points)

Smithee

Awards

Attack Sora and comany by mistake yes, but never that. Because you seem to love derailing Aqua, she should have hope since Sora will set things right (Blank Points)
You're forgetting what Adrian said about a certain bit of bad news Aqua will have to hear in the future. At which point, it will be very possible for her to lose that hope.

"Derailing"? You can't derail a static character, especially not after she says, "What else is Darkness but hate and rage?", and then has to survive in a Realm that brutally reinforces that.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards

First, it must be noted that Nomura confirmed a different time flow in the ROD (Aqua mentioned "endless hours" to ATW). Also, the ROD has done nothing but terrorize her from the start, so if anything, she's been subjected to an onslaught of negative reinforcement.

Yes time does flow differently, but it doesn't change the fact she spent a lot of time there and as we saw in BBS:FM she went exploring. It's not hard to imagine that if someone spent so much time in darkness that at some point they'd see that it's needed. In the end we don't really have an idea what happened in the realm of darkness.
I also feel you should note that such a different and dark place would be terrorizing for anyone in the beginning, but eventually you get used to it and see another aspect to it. Sure the constant waves of heartless weren't good experiences, but I'm sure that's not all she went through.

All I can say is to me she didn't look like she hadn't come to terms with the darkness around her in the Secret ending, just tiered and wanting to go home and return to her friends.

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net

You're forgetting what Adrian said about a certain bit of bad news Aqua will have to hear in the future. At which point, it will be very possible for her to lose that hope.

"Derailing"? You can't derail a static character, especially not after she says, "What else is Darkness but hate and rage?", and then has to survive in a Realm that brutally reinforces that.

Yeah her friend is evil, but she shouldn't go into depression about it. She'll have to fight Terra and if she can;t save him, then she has to try. Sad she'll be but she will have to move on. Yes in a nutcase she screwed up and allow Xehanort to roam free for eleven years and possibaly have Sora's gloved fist in her face, but that's how it goes. She mess up, but can fix things, save Terra, and not become another been done to death, senerio where someone of a main character turning evil (You know the stories, mostly shipping related).

Smithee

Awards

Yeah her friend is evil, but she shouldn't go into depression about it. She'll have to fight Terra and if she can;t save him, then she has to try. Sad she'll be but she will have to move on. Yes in a nutcase she screwed up and allow Xehanort to roam free for eleven years and possibaly have Sora's gloved fist in her face, but that's how it goes. She mess up, but can fix things, save Terra, and not become another been done to death, senerio where someone of a main character turning evil (You know the stories, mostly shipping related).
I never said she'd become evil, only more aggressive against Darkness, maybe to the point of "vigilante justice", kind of like Ace Attorney's Godot or Tales Of Vesperia's Yuri Lowell.

Basically an anti-heroine of sorts, which could actually serve to increase her development.

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net

I never said she'd become evil, only more aggressive against Darkness, maybe to the point of "vigilante justice", kind of like Ace Attorney's Godot or Tales Of Vesperia's Yuri Lowell.

Basically an anti-heroine of sorts, which could actually serve to increase her development.

Can people for once in their life, not use examples for other series and keep it to developing them the right way. Why should Aqua hate the darkness, Sora and company don't and they understand the blance.

Smithee

Awards

Can people for once in their life, not use examples for other series and keep it to developing them the right way. Why should Aqua hate the darkness, Sora and company don't and they understand the blance.
But unlike them, Aqua hasn't been given any reason to warm up to Darkness (at least, not that we've seen, according to Adrian), and in fact likely despises it even more than in BBS (according to Ruran).

But the biggest factor in all this is not the ROD, but rather how MX delving into Darkness corrupted him into screwing her friends over.

The ROD is just the icing on the hell-cake.

Awards

For the sake of variety. Like you said, Sora and co. understand the balance between darkness and light. That point would become redundant if every other hero fighting against Xehanort shared that understanding.

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net

But unlike them, Aqua hasn't been given any reason to warm up to Darkness (at least, not that we've seen, according to Adrian), and in fact likely despises it even more than in BBS (according to Ruran).

But the biggest factor in all this is not the ROD, but rather how Darkness corrupted MX into screwing her friends over.

I really don't know if you are trying to ruin Aqua than half her fans have done or improve her, becuase this is no better than the Aqua tops, forced Terqua, other BS I pretend to like but got really annoyed with it. Her character might be great and some people like Larxene over her/Kairi/Namine/Xion, but if this happens in canon, some people won't like it and think Nomura runined her and no matter what someone does to a character and even if done wright, peole still will bitch about it.

AdrianXXII

Dyslexic rambler
Awards

But the biggest factor in all this is not the ROD, but rather how MX delving into Darkness corrupted him into screwing her friends over.

Hey! You make it seem like I support this, I don't.
I said we're clueless to what she's experienced in the Realm of darkness and that she seemed to come to terms with being in the darkness as of the secret ending of BBS.

But when she's Rescued she'll witness Riku using it for good. Therefor making it irreverent that delving into corrupted Xehanort...

Or it might have been a live lesson in what the realm is there for.

Last edited:

Smithee

Awards

I really don't know if you are trying to ruin Aqua than half her fans have done or improve her, becuase this is no better than the Aqua tops, forced Terqua, other BS I pretend to like but got really annoyed with it. Her character might be great and some people like Larxene over her/Kairi/Namine/Xion, but if this happens in canon, some people won't like it and think Nomura runined her and no matter what someone does to a character and even if done wright, peole still will bitch about it.
And on the other side of the spectrum, fans tend to complain about "it's the same, so it sucks"; no matter what you do, there will always be at least 1 liker and 1 hater.

Awards

We need the 7 lights to come together to face Xehanort. Some sort of internal conflict within the lights could make for some great character moments. After her experiences in the ROD I would like to see her emerge a hardened bad ass or maybe even a zealot of light that serves as a temporary antagonist until she realizes that they all have to work together to save her friends. I just really want Aqua to be a boss battle in KHIII....

Smithee

Awards

We need the 7 lights to come together to face Xehanort. Some sort of internal conflict within the lights could make for some great character moments. After her experiences in the ROD I would like to see her emerge a hardened bad ass or maybe even a zealot of light that serves as a temporary antagonist until she realizes that they all have to work together to save her friends. I just really want Aqua to be a boss battle in KHIII....
Of course, her "boss personality" would more likely mirror Xion (determined melancholy) than Eraqus (radical fanaticism).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back