• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Served up hot!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Savior of Dawn

Leader of the Dai Gurren Brigade
Before starting, I'd like to clarify that these are my own opinions are not not the standing of all/any of VETERAN members besides myself. Until this rant is over, I do not stand for VETERAN.

[rant]

Stereotypes of any kind- I don't (Censored, eh?)ing care what your friend says that's funny. IT'S WRONG. Research before being a jackass.

Hating by opinion- Just because somebody likes country music, thinks Roxas is better than Sora, or prefers bananas or doughnuts, it's just their opinion. Hate somebody because you don't like them not what they like.

Sodas- ...Why are you argueing about this? They're all carbonated sugar water containing chemicals that are causers of cancer. Unless it's organic, you're just getting different variations of artificial flavoring.

GFXers- You are not God. You're a teenager that's good with photoshop and thinks they can be a jackass over the internet because they're hundreds of miles away. Get used to it, and stop swooning over yourself.

Game Systems- Xbox360, Wii, or PS3. They all come from blood-sucking companies. None of them care about you, they just care whether or not you'll give them money. Microsoft does not care about their customers. Nintendo wants all your money just as much as the next corporation. Sony is making systems as best they can to get money. The only difference between the system is which corporation wants your money the worst, and what they'll do to get it.

Acronyms- No more. Spell out your words and maybe you won't have to use so many 25 character fillers.

4chan and internet slang- No moar. (Moar joke intended) You're not special, you're just annoying.

kikyowhereareu and Moderators- Do tell me now, WHEN DID KIKYO BREAK THE RULES? Kikyo can sue KHI if you modify the account for no reason. They can only delete or ban your account if you violate the user agreement, or request it.

'Delete-happy' mods- Just because a moderator deletes all of your posts doesn't mean they're lock happy, it means you're an idiot that breaks the rules.

Bush- I don't care what party you are, or what you don't know about what the white house really does. Bush screwed america, enough said.

Clinton- So he got a blowjob from a woman other than his wife. Big whoop. 25% of all spouses cheat on their partner.

Leaving- Start specifying. If you're going to leave 'forever' then leave forever. If not, then say you'll come back some time. No more "I'm leave forever *Emo tear" and then 7 days later, "I missed you all!" You're all addicted to KHI's internet crack, you can't break the addiction.

Cloud&Sephiroth- Two awesome characters that are hated and lied about because they're popular. They did not ruin the RPG business, they did not/b] destroy final fantasy, they just made you a fanboy/girl in denial.

Japan- People can be fans of Japanese culture without being criticised. Just because you were too lazy to learn Japanese doesn't mean you can make fun of people who want to.

Wikipedia- Wikipedia is accurate. Some details get messed up, but they're details almost nobody knows anyways. Boo-hoo. Use it or lose it.

N00bs and Newbs- I don't care how annoying they all are, you were one once too. Look how you turned out. Do you want more jackasses like you? I hope not.

Ranters- They go overboard, they push stuff in their face, and won't bother to argue. But at least they're honest and not manipulative bastards.

American anime ripoffs- THEY ARE NOT ANIME. Xiaolin showdown, NOT AN ANIME. Avatar the last airbender, NOT AN ANIME. Kappa Mikey, NOT AN ANIME. Perfect Hair, NOT AN ANIME. I don't care how much you love them, THEY'RE NOT ANIME.

Sub Vs. Dub- This is no arguement. Original Japanese voices shall always win. The author of the manga helps choose them. <.<

Win- Nobody 'just wins' People can win because they are right, but they can't just 'Winrar.'

Reason- Reason is gold. I don't care what you do, I just want a logical reason behind it. That doesn't include having syphillis, being god, or somebody being a n00b. <.<

[/rant]

..That was all I could fit as of this moment. Now, feel free to flame me. Just leave VETERAN alone.

scubasteve

Banned
Awards
Cloud&Sephiroth- Two awesome characters that are hated and lied about because they're popular. They did not ruin the RPG business, they did not destroy final fantasy, they just made you a fanboy/girl in denial.

I like Sephiroth. He's by far one of my favorite villains. Cloud, on the other hand, I like his character, but the way he was portrayed annoyed me.

Sub Vs. Dub- This is no arguement. Original Japanese voices shall always win. The author of the manga helps choose them. <.<

Of course. Have you heard Ichigo's voice in the dub?

Savior of Dawn

xCursedXRebellionx said:
I like Sephiroth. He's by far one of my favorite villains. Cloud, on the other hand, I like his character, but the way he was portrayed annoyed me.
FF7 Cloud > AC Cloud. Nomura wanted to sum up Cloud's character in AC and went a little overboard on the 'emotionally retarded Cloud' part.

Of course. Have you heard Ichigo's voice in the dub?

vash.jpg

Is not
250px-Ichigo_Kurosaki.jpg

Xiao

serious at least all of the time
Awards
That was pretty much amazing. Repped.

Haruko

Hating by opinion- Just because somebody likes country music, thinks Roxas is better than Sora, or prefers bananas or doughnuts, it's just their opinion. Hate somebody because you don't like them not what they like.

I could not agree with you more. I think the reason people do that is because they really don't have a valid reason. So they search for something stupid which makes them ignorant.

For the most part, I agree.

T

TheTerrorofDeath

Finally a decent rant. Good job Savior. You just blew out everything that was on my mind but in better wording.

Inner-Demon

The Old Master
Website
www.youtube.com
When did Xiaolin Showdown become anime? It's clearly inspired by the loons over seas but I thought it was settled. Fair to call it a rip-off? No. Hmm. Personally I think Clinton and Bush both suck. Why not say All Politicians are pathetic. You must be a Democrat.

As for dubs, alot suck. But I've heard better. Advent Children was actually decent. Japan fanboys just won't admit it. And if people had reason this rant probably wouldn't be necessary.

None of this is technically true, it's the basis of one's narrow opinion (with certain points of course). You veterans have a hand in many pants eh.

Savior of Dawn

Inner-Demon said:
When did Xiaolin Showdown become anime? It's clearly inspired by the loons over seas but I thought it was settled. Fair to call it a rip-off? No.
So, the Japanese 4 elements, marital arts, chinese and japanese references, super-deformed anime technique, and Japanese dragon are all just american? There are plenty of fans that would claim it's anime. They make those shows to attract little kiddies that watch CN's toonami and don't know what anime is.

Hmm. Personally I think Clinton and Bush both suck. Why not say All Politicians are pathetic. You must be a Democrat.

Actually, I just said that Clintion wasn't a terrible president simply because he had an affair. Clinton did good things, but pretty much ahll politicians are blood-sucking corporate bastards.

As for dubs, alot suck. But I've heard better. Advent Children was actually decent. Japan fanboys just won't admit it. And if people had reason this rant probably wouldn't be necessary.
decent
if

None of this is technically true, it's the basis of one's narrow opinion (with certain points of course). You veterans have a hand in many pants eh.

Discluding Sub Vs. Dub, Ranters, some of Cloud&Sephiroth, and 4chan, those are all pretty much fact. : /

Last edited:

Inner-Demon

The Old Master
Website
www.youtube.com
Like I said XS is clearly inspired by anime elements. But it does a great job at pulling them off. You can tell it isn't Japan anime clearly by the amazing Voice Actors and fun story. Between Inuyasha's repetitive story line after over a hundred episodes and a fun serialized show that even pokes at it's own formula. I'd rather watch XS any day. And I do.

I love Xiaolin Showdown, but I'm not biased because, well, it's me. I'm just not biased.

Blood-sucking corporate bastards. I like that. Nice term for 'em. And yes, some of your points are fact.

Which I made clear with my (with certain points of course) exclusion. But I just don't feel like stating what I agree to be FACT and then what is simply you ranting because you feel like it.

Just so we see eye to eye.

Savior of Dawn

Inner-Demon said:
Like I said XS is clearly inspired by anime elements. But it does a great job at pulling them off. You can tell it isn't Japan anime clearly by the amazing Voice Actors and fun story. Between Inuyasha's repetitive story line after over a hundred episodes and a fun serialized show that even pokes at it's own formula. I'd rather watch XS any day. And I do.

I love Xiaolin Showdown, but I'm not biased because, well, it's me. I'm just not biased.

Probably, I just see it more as a business manuever. Personally, I have no taste for younger american humor, so I suppose I'm biased even if it isn't based off anime.

Just so we see eye to eye.

Glad that we could. : P

~Leo~

Ranters- They go overboard, they push stuff in their face, and won't bother to argue. But at least they're honest and not manipulative bastards.

*ahem*

we carn use inrtarweb slng al we wnt, k?

Last edited:

Savior of Dawn

I knew you'd pop in here.

4chan =/= Heaven, You =/= God, GFX =/= Omnipotence. Case closed. <.<

Attacking the fact that I'm saying ranters are honest, and that they aren't manipulative bastards who come in and yell "TIME PARADOX" and throw in terrible spelling in capslock is idiotic.

Donna da Ragione

Wow, best rant I've ever seen. Rep for you (though it has no value =/). But I slightly disagree on the CloudSephiroth thing. Sephiroth really didn't cause much chaos, and wasn't taken seriously with all that mother talk. Cloud should have been more happy and less emo. But, other than that, you rock.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back