• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Sequels, Spin-Offs, Remakes, Etc.

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
Which games in the FF universe should have a sequel, spin-off, or remake (BESIDES FFVII, cuz I know EVERYONE wants that lol)?

I'd really like to see a Final Fantasy X-3. I REALLY enjoyed both FFX and FFX-2. Their stories were great, and FFX-2 had one of the greatest battle systems in an FF game imo. That version of ATB was incredible. I would also love to see a remake and/or sequel to FFVI. FFVI's story is my most favorite out of all of them, and I really like the characters. I think FFIX should be remade too, actually I think it's story is a lot better than FFVII's.

What would everyone else like to see?

Jackstin

Bronze Member
Awards
inb4 Square should focus on main series entries even though they are usually developed by separate teams. :p

Final Fantasy VI. I would love to see that world in 3D.

sora4sky

~(x)~Sword Art Online~(x)~
inb4 Square should focus on main series entries even though they are usually developed by separate teams. :p

Final Fantasy VI. I would love to see that world in 3D.

I second this i won't talk about 7 of course...and i'd like to see a FFIX remake and FFX if possible. Even though FFX graphics etc. are still good enough i'd like to see it getting a FFXIII update. These two for me.

Also i'd really like a FF game in a different universe with 8 main characters from the others FF games(Cloud, Tidus etc.) Imagine Dissidia but with an original story/battle system etc where for ex. a god/goddess brings them together to save the world from the a new threat.

^^That's something i really really want to happen.

Jackstin

Bronze Member
Awards
Can I change my answer sir?

I'd like Home console optimized, widescreen versions of the first 9 main series games, but using the original (or at least very close to the feel of the original) sprites. I'd love to play the original FF game with all the plinky plonky music, 8-bit sprites, updated translation, maybe a new sprite for the Warrior of Light that is more in line with his Amano art; but widescreen!

Something that feels like you're playing the original versions of all 9 games, but with a more accurate translation, trophies, and widescreen support.

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
Other than final fantasy VII, I would like to see final fantasy VIII remade

Digidude111

I want VI, VIII, and IX to all be remade. (and of course VII :p) with HD graphics and they'd be ps3 exclusive titles.

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
somehow I feel like my posts are being deleted or I'm forgetting to press quick reply before I close a tab a minute later.
Anyways, obviously VII. I'm not going to over exaggerate it or criticize it, but it was an alright game.
I'm half and half on IX. I mean honestly, it was a fantastic game. I'd almost go as far as to say the very best. But I'm not sure if you'd capture that same feel by remaking it is the problem.
V and VI too. That'd be cool.
Wouldn't mind an HD collection for X and XII.
And yeah, keep the original battle systems. You'd be straying too far to remake the combat, that'd be more of a reboot and lose the feel of the game.

Ultima Star

Can I still wait for you?
Awards
Website
z15.invisionfree.com
I'd say that VII..yeah that'd be cool..FF VII BC for psp..I would like to see that..(and yeah a final title that closes the FF VII universe..Im a big FF VII fan so dont bash me lol)

I would like FF I, FF II, V and VI to be remade with 3d graphics, I couldnt get enough of Anthology and Origins honestly. Oh and VIII, that'd be lovely I'd love to listen to them talking and 3d graphics for the ps3..IX I dunno, I never got past disc 1 lol but yeah why not..games in next gen consoles would be cool.

maybe Legends in handheld consoles XD

maybe even a sequel or something for X? I dunno

Vanitas666

I choose the Middle Path
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
here's a better idea: keep the original battle system

Seconded. If you want to play Kingdom Hearts, play Kingdom Hearts.

There's a reason IV, VI, VII, IX, and X are all widely considered classics.

I don't want to play KH, I've done that. FF have awsome story but lame gameplay (opinion)
I'm not saying they should change that, infact I don't think they should because so manny would hate it but I would love to play it

Cheaken

Awards
I'd like a Final Fantasy IX remake or sequel, or both. And I hope they remake Final Fantasy VI so I can play Mog in a much higher quality model.

Pinwheel

The Origin
Awards
maybe even a sequel or something for X? I dunno
wait
what
I honestly can't tell if you're kidding or not, so ignore my ignorance. But one exists.
1240068378-.jpg

Tatsu

FFX Prequel (PS3 and 360)- A story that shows the Zanarkand/Bevelle War, Shuyin and Lyn's story, and the creation of Sin(Yu Yevon's downfall)

Crystal Bearers sequel (3DS)- New epic storyline, Layle's return (still is the coolest male FF character in recent times besides Zack. Really reminds of Yuri Lowell), better controls, more powers, and awesome 3D effects.

Chocobo Dungeon 2 (wii)- A better more epic storyline, FFX type of battle system, and a longer game.

FFXII-2 (PSP2)- A storyline that has Ashe as the lead and reuniting with her old allies to stop the Ocurria from wiping out the planet. Add in more vague hints for Vagrant Story.

FFX-3 (PS3 and 360)- Returning cast, FFXIII battle system, and apocolyptic storyline that ties with the past.

Beyer

Collection of the 6 classic 2D games all in one game. The very originals of them, I want to play the NES/SNES versions. The games are all rather small size aren't they? Then you could probably fit them all onto one disk.

I also wouldn't mind seeing a IV or VI full remake or a FFX Braska prequel.

However I think one of the main reasons I want full remakes is because of the scenes. I want to see the scenes in great graphics and 3D. So I wouldn't mind them releasing a DVD where you can choose each main scene and watch it in new graphics, camera angles and voice acting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back