• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Sephiroth's Moves In Kh2

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

blidus

Hi everyone! Blidus is back to share his experience with the all mighty Sephiroth!!
For those who haven’t beaten Sephiroth in kh2, here is some info that may come in handy!!

Note:
All the info here are only based on what I’ve learn from fighting and beating Sephiroth any similarity from other places is just a coincidence; thus, there might be some mistakes or correction so if anyone finds some please post them out.
The names I used for all the moves are not the real or official names, I just wanted to call them that way, also I don’t know what they are really called so if anybody knows please kindly post it hir and share it to all.

I’ve listed most (if not all) of Sephiroth’s attacks/moves and info about it.

Name- what I wanted to call the move, I used names that are related/familiar to the move itself and some are more like descriptions.
Schedule- this is about time (part of the battle) the move starts to be used by Sephiroth
Discription- how he do the move, the attack look like, how it happens
Effects- what happens when you got hit by the move
Strategy- how to avoid the attack
Comment- my personal opinion about the move
REMINDER: all info here is based on my own file when I fought and beat sephiroth.
Difficulty=proud
Level=77

Name: Zanmato
Schedule: From the very beginning up until the very end of the battle
Description: this is what he does once the fight starts, it can hit you even from coast to coast
Effects: instant death if 2nd chance is not equipped from the AP menu
Strategy: just press triangle at the right time, when the clouds gets dark for a split sec that’s the cue for you to bash triangle, if you got hit immediately heal/potion
Comment: this move is actually the key to success, it should never and I mean NEVER hit you the entire battle for it is the easiest move to avoid. Once you manage to avoid this move Sephiroth is wide open and you can give him a complete set of combo meal.

Name: Sephy’s combo 1
Schedule: he use this move from the start up until 7 and a half bar is left in Sephy’s life bar
Description: Sephiroth walks (sometimes teleports) near you and once Sora is in the range he will do his spinning ground combo attack.
Effects: depends on how many times you get hit, when get hit once 3/4 hp is left for Sora, hit many times or if he hit you with all combo 1 hp is left( that’s if you have the 2nd chance, or else dead)
Strategy: Sephiroth will ready his Masamune when he does it means he’s about to use this move, to avoid it you must dash away from him using the square button but that’s not enough you must move continue to move away to avoid it completely but not to far so you can immediately strike him with a complete combo.
Comment: it’s easy to avoid this you just need to know the right timing on when to dash out of his range. You can also avoid it if you glide high or away from him.

Name: BS(back stab)
Schedule: he uses the entire battle
Description: he teleports right at your back for a hit that sends you up in the air then follows you via teleport and attacks then teleport again.
Effects: hit or a two turns on the alarm for health, if he connects your dead!
Strategy: once he teleport at your back (ground) immediately dash away from him (square button), if you got hit and went into the air immediately press x button then attack, there’s a 90% chance that you’ll hit him right after he teleports near you in the air
That depends on your timing and location.
Comment: this is another key to success, I usually let sephiroth hit me at the back so I could counter attack him with combo right from the air, well the initial strike is weak so it’s worth the air combo. But I’ve died couple of times coz I screw up hitting him in the air. Once you get hit while in the air it’s hard to survive, but to do use heal or barrier if possible (in the air).

Name: Dark balls
Schedule: take out 4 bars of his life bars
Description: from a distance he stands and summons dark ball (no. of balls depends on his mood), these balls are like homing missiles they follow you where ever you go one by one or all the balls surrounds you and attack you at the same time . Sephiroth sometimes combines this attack with zanmato.
Effects: depend on how many balls hit you, when hit by the combined attack (dark balls w/ zanmato) your instantly DEAD!
Strategy: you can run and fly but the balls will always follow you your best bet is to keep on casting barrier until the balls are all gone, when he uses the combined attack you can avoid it by the triangle button or by using the barrier.
Comment: the combined attack is a good and bad thing, good if you avoided it you can give him a complete set of combo meal, bad thing you’re DEAD.

Name: Death spell
Schedule: he starts using this when you’ve taken out at least 5 bars of his life bars and use it up until the end
Description: same as in KH1, but he cast it while he is up in the air
Effects: 1 hp and 0 mp if you got hit
Strategy: just keep on track on where he is (R1 button), once he’s up there double jump and supa-glide to reach and hit him fast to stop the spell. If you got hit then use item immediately.
Comment: I’m not sure if magic can stop the casting(I haven’t tried) this move also allows you to do a air combo that’s if you manage to stop the spell.

Name: Sephy’s combo 2
Schedule: used when 7 and a half hp bar is left for sephiroth up until sephiroth overdrives.
Description: looks the same but faster, longer and wider perimeter version of the Sephy’s combo.
Effects: same effects as sephy’s combo
Strategy: Same but this time you have to dash ways 2 times to avoid being hit, or use supa-glide to be sure to avoid it.
Comment: not that easy to avoid now, plus when you counter attack your combo will not be complete he will teleport away faster.

Name: Overdrive
Schedule: when Sephy’s hp is down to 4 and a half
Description: he moves away from you and just stand (more like charging) the dark violet light covers some part of his body. This moves takes few seconds (3-5)
Effects: Sephiroth becomes even more powerful and deadly.
Strategy: stand and wait, you can’t hurt him, just heal if needed and prepare for the last ride.
Comment: you’re almost done so stay focus this is the worse part of the fight.

Name: Sephy’s combo 3
Schedule: once Sephiroth in in overdive form up until the end
Description: this time he doesn’t walk either he runs or teleport at ya then do the combo thing, the attacks are stronger, faster, longer, wider perimeter than the Sephy’s combo 2!!
Effects: once you got hit at the beginning of the combo you’re simply DEAD, but when you got hit at the middle or last part of the combo 1 hp is left for you.
Strategy: I don’t advice the dash away thing here; supa-glide is still useful but it’s a little bit risky, one sure way is to keep on casting barrier, although it drains mp.
Comments: this move is really deadly, you can consider it as an instant kill move, I died many times thanks to Sephy’s combo 3

Name: Meteor rain
Schedule: this is the last move sephy will use
Effects: surprisingly it doesn’t give as much damage like the other attacks, but he can hit you many times and it still might kill you.
Description: sephiroth flies far away and stays up there throwing humongous meteors right at you current location, you cannot reach him while he do the move, you just have to avoid and wait.
Strategy: the are 2 ways to avoid it, 1. is to glide in a wave direction, sephy keeps on aiming at you so you have to move fast and in wave direction to easily avoid the meteors,
2. Keep on casting barrier (for people who are bad in gliding, although its possible that ran out of mp) you cant dash coz the impact will still hit you
Comment: I don’t consider this move deadly; you just have to focus on your gliding to easily avoid all the meteors. Once sephiroth gets tired casting meteors he teleports to the ground and immediately uses other moves but he usually uses zanmato.

sorri i forgot about the fire pillar attack....i'll post it nextime..

*Yoan* Blidus is now sleepy…Well that’s it hope this comes in handy! Again if there are any corrections, questions, comments etc… please post em out or pm me.
Err… One last thing sory if the names I used for the moves kinda sux or doesn’t fit I just couldn’t thing of anything else so what gives…

B

bettermanlamia

WOW! dang i knew he had a few moves but JEEZ O MAN! hes gonna be harder then i thought thx for the list though

cloud@omnislash

Are you sure that dashing shouldn't be recommended for Sephy's combo 3 I've seen it done a few times and ppl have avoided it? They were really good I guess.......
I haven't beaten him myself yet as I seem to always run out of mp for barrier and lose after he overdrives.
I'll see if I can avoid it your way.

blidus

if you notice the dash ability levels up , so maybe their dash is at level 3 or higher or their just really good... anywayz thanks for the comment, the dash in my other file is now at level 3 so ill try it out my self

blidus

if you notice the dash also levels up, their dash could be at level 3 or higher or maybe they're just really good..... anywayz thanks for the comment, my other file has the dash at level 3 so i'll try it out myself

blidus

I believe that it level up automatically once sora gets to a certain level:)

blidus

btw, i used the holy pumpkin when i beated and it does more combo damage than the oblivion becuase holy pumpkin grants you a damage up for finishing blows, and my ground combo is really short but has 2 powerful blow at the end so when i hit him with it completely about 10-15% of one bar is left with him... any other questions or comments?

Madness

lol internet
Website
www.freewebz.com
What difficulty were you on when you played this? Beginner, Standard, or Proud? Because we've seen videos of the fight in Beginner mode and most of his attacks do much lower damage to Sora.

edit: Nevermind, I see it now. But yeah, I guess it should be pointed out that Sephiroth's attacks do less damage if you're on Beginner or Standard difficulty. But great job doing all that on Proud mode.

And Sephiroth's Death Spell is called Heartless Angel, just like it was in the original KH and in FF7.

Last edited:

blidus

darn i can believe i forgot that great name.... anywayz thanks for the info Madness, so any one else know their real name of the other moves?

Madness

lol internet
Website
www.freewebz.com
*shrugs* The Meteor Rain thing is probably just Meteor, another nod to his role in FF7. I don't think they ever gave out the official attack names in the first Kingdom Hearts either.

Nebula Zero

THE GREATEST ATTACK EVER
Awards
if it was just meteor, wouldnt it just be one BIG meteor instead of just a barrage of them *remembers FF7* xD
i think its meteor rain xDDD

Madness

lol internet
Website
www.freewebz.com
It's Heartless Angel, not Sin Harvest. Geez, one Player's Guide makes a mistake and suddenly everyone thinks the name is different. Heartless Angel was the name of an attack Sephiroth used in FF7 that does the same effects as the attack in KH except that it only effects the HP and not the MP.

DarkSoraStrife

Man Sephiroth is gonna be impossible to beat now I was lvl 100 in Kingdom Hearts and I still couldnt beat him and I had the ultima weapon >_< but then again maybe I just didn't try enough, after I beat the game I tried to play my kingdom hearts over again and it stopped working so I sold it lol

cloud@omnislash

blidus said:
if you notice the dash also levels up, their dash could be at level 3 or higher or maybe they're just really good..... anywayz thanks for the comment, my other file has the dash at level 3 so i'll try it out myself
Lol I didn't know which post to quote but yeah your strategy worked and I beat him with a bit of luck.
The second time I tried it your way with dash lvl 3 handy there's was a chance that you could avoid sometimes.
I wouldn't recommend it........but it can be done.
Luckily for me the game froze right before he hit me and I beat him.
The second time was a breeze basically cuz I was not overcautious when he overdrived.

So basicallly to everyone in general my added opinion is to be somewhat aggressive towards Sephiroth.
You can't just try to focus on avoiding all his attacks its important gamers remember that when you have a chance to strike make it cuz you can out last seph for only so long.
I try not to play on the easy modes because then it makes you afraid that you can't play on the next lvl.
Usually with everything you know besides the chance of death not too much is different.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back