• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Sephiroth - Tips?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reika

"Together... always."
Awards
Website
blayzes.deviantart.com
So, I've decided to stop procrastinating and try and defeat Sephiroth in KH2. Unfortunatly, as pathetic as it is, I'm having trouble. XD;
My stats are as follows:

Level: 73
Equipped items: Ultima Weapon, Aegis Chain, Cosmic Belt, Cosmic Chain, Moon Amulet, Star Charm, Cosmic Arts, Hi-Potion x3, Elixir x3
Abilities: Guard, Retaliating Slash, Slapshot, Dodge Slash, Slide Dash, Guard Break, Explosion, Aerial Sweep, Aerial Spiral, Aerial Finish, Trinity Limit, Scan, Aerial Recovery, Reaction Boost, Finishing Plus, Negative Combo, Berserk Charge, Combination Boost, Experience Boost, Leaf Bracer, Draw, Jackpot, Lucky Lucky, Fire Boost, Item Boost, Defender, Once More
Customized Links: Reflega, Firaga, Elixir, Hi-Potion

I know my level's a bit low for it, but I have seen people beat him and lower levels. XD Proud mode, not that the modes matter in KH2.
So, strategy advice? Any abilities I should've had equipped? Or items? Looking for tips so I can finally kick his ass and vow to never do so again.

Last edited:

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
Don't bother with the abilities that boost elemental powers, since Sephiroth can only be damaged by non-elemental magic. Have your Forms fully levelled up, and their Growth Abilities equipped, that way you can have the maximum available capacity to move about quickly and to dodge his attacks. When he prepares his 'Sin Heartless Angel' attack, don't get items ready. Instead, double-jump towards him and transfer straight into a glide to get to him quickly and then strike him. This will cancel that attack. Remove Berserk Charge, unless you want to equip te Square-Button attacks. You need a finishing move to defeat Sephiroth, and Berserk Charge won't allow that to happen unless you can make use of the Square-attacks. If you have an infinite combo, Sephiroth will simply teleport out of the attack after ten hits and come behind you.

Swap your Fire shortcut for Cure. Really, this is a fight that doesn't require any items at all. You won't need Draw or Jackpot or Lucky Lucky, because he doesn't drop anything. See if you can swap those for anything better.

Forge_Dragonis

I managed to beat the Villain at lvl. 49 with minimal equipment and effort. Basically it's all just countering his attacks and letting him do all the work for you. I used the Decisive Pumpkin, because it's combo finish boost is very helpful. Cure and Reflect are about the only useful spells, Reflega especially to absorb hits you can't avoid. Since you have Elixirs, I would recommend you equip those as well on a magic slot. "Heartless Angel" is easily avoided if you can time your Cures right, and I recommend unequipping Explosion and getting Guard Break since it hits much harder and knocks him back. Also: Retaliating Slash for his pesky air sweep.

The Dead Skin

like tears in rain.
Awards
∞;4983940 said:
his 'Sin Heartless Angel' attack,

It's only Heartless Angel. For the last time. But there are a LOT of other people out there that mistook the attack's name after mishearing "Descend... Heartless... Angel". Some even mistook it for "Sin Harvest". Anyways, I'll give some hints already.

He ALWAYS starts off with that Reaction Command. You have a very short time to press Triangle.

Finishing Plus can be useful.

If he casts Shadow Flare (the purple orbs), use Reflect. Or block. Or jump. If it works. :D

His basic combo (Octaslash) is very easily blockable.

If he uses Stigma (the flame pillars), use Quick Run. Or Reflect if you get caught. It works.

Casts Meteor, keep jumping and use Aerial Dodge. Or just Glide if you have it.

Limit Form's Limits work well in Final Mix.

Reika

"Together... always."
Awards
Website
blayzes.deviantart.com
Ah, finally beat him. XD I took the advice here and also decided to add what someone from another thread did; used Trinity Limit. That's when I found out that Trinity Limit + Berserker Charge = A LOT of damage. So, after I died, I filled my slots with nothing but elixirs, had those and Reflega on shortcuts, and just spammed Trinity Limit and Berserker Charge (since Trinity Limit always caused Berserker Charge to start up, so it was hard for him to break out of my combos). Once I did that, it was a cakewalk. Still had a elixir or two left. XD
Thanks for the help! ^_^

Now to stop being lazy and beat Sephiroth in KH1...

keyblademaster73

when i fought sephiroth....i had at least the lvl 1 glide...it helped quite a lot..and i had the high jump lvl 2...otherwise i think u have good abilities & accessories equiped...^_^

chasespicer056

Empathy is Divine
Make sure you have trinity limit as a customized link. Also, have your inventory full of elixirs. You better have glide for normal form Sora as well.

Nutari

The Scotsman
Awards
So, I've decided to stop procrastinating and try and defeat Sephiroth in KH2. Unfortunatly, as pathetic as it is, I'm having trouble. XD;
My stats are as follows:

Level: 73
Equipped items: Ultima Weapon, Aegis Chain, Cosmic Belt, Cosmic Chain, Moon Amulet, Star Charm, Cosmic Arts, Hi-Potion x3, Elixir x3
Abilities: Guard, Retaliating Slash, Slapshot, Dodge Slash, Slide Dash, Guard Break, Explosion, Aerial Sweep, Aerial Spiral, Aerial Finish, Trinity Limit, Scan, Aerial Recovery, Reaction Boost, Finishing Plus, Negative Combo, Berserk Charge, Combination Boost, Experience Boost, Leaf Bracer, Draw, Jackpot, Lucky Lucky, Fire Boost, Item Boost, Defender, Once More
Customized Links: Reflega, Firaga, Elixir, Hi-Potion

I know my level's a bit low for it, but I have seen people beat him and lower levels. XD Proud mode, not that the modes matter in KH2.
So, strategy advice? Any abilities I should've had equipped? Or items? Looking for tips so I can finally kick his ass and vow to never do so again.

Actually you do know that you dont have to be such a high level? and equip the keyblade the you get from the Nightmare Before Christmas world, make sure you have all aerial abilities equipted because that keyblade boosts their power and your good. i beat him at level 60 with only a little bit of a problem, it took a crap load of tries but i perfected my stratagy, make sure you use trinity limit when he uses heartless angel, and have an elixer ready afterwards
yes its almost that easy and use block and retaliating slash as much as possible, when he dashes around anyways1eyeballsyes its scary enough to scare poor FlapJack :D

Shadow Key

If you find yourself sweating or getting anxious about the battle, one of the things I did was pause and take a quick break before starting the battle again. Otherwise, you might do something stupid in mid-battle from being nervous. (I'M A SWEATY GAMER AND I'M PROUD OF IT!!!) Oh, and stock up on potions. They help. Big time.

Roa

piece of dying ember
Awards
you NEED to have second chance equiped. it is an abslute must. If you dont' have it, you will NEVER win the battle.

It is vital that you have that.

And have every single one of your item slots, cause when he does sin harvest, your magic is gone so you can't use cure.

But have cure as a shortcut anyways. For when he damages you witha move other tahn sin harvest. Like when he does his major tantrum. (He damages you alot during one of them, so have it equiped as shortcut)

Equip Glide Level 3 (max out final form) Airal Doge level 3 (master form) and high jump level 3 (valor form) All of these will help.

And use the arial move where when you press sqaue, it attacks in a side sweeping motion. This definity helps you retaliate on his tantrum.

And in the middle, feel free to glide around and heal if needed.

And gilde alsoa must for the meator attack.

And when the battle begins ALWAYS HAVE YOUR HAND ON THE TRIANGLE BUTTON.

it allows you to block a certain type of his tantrums.

Orion

Prepared To Die
Awards
LM, Sephiroth isn't that hard. If you really think he requires that much trouble, even on Proud Mode, you're just not all that flash at KH2.

Roa

piece of dying ember
Awards
∞;4989587 said:
LM, Sephiroth isn't that hard. If you really think he requires that much trouble, even on Proud Mode, you're just not all that flash at KH2.
It took me two tries with him. He wasn't that hard.

I was just giving so many tips that helped me when I did them... I just think too much is all.

RikusApprentice

If u look very closely, Im in the corner of the sc
Now to stop being lazy and beat Sephiroth in KH1...

Carefull, I thought that Sephy was even harder in KH1 than in KH2. You can't just use Trinity Limit and Berserk like before. Also, you have to land a combo before applying any damage at all, so having a ton of combo boosts isnt a great idea. I had to level up quite a bit before battling him so keep that in mind. Finally, make sure you have areoga and curaga in shortcut.

Thats all i can think of.. so good luck!

nightmarezeroX9

Let's Get Down To Business
Carefull, I thought that Sephy was even harder in KH1 than in KH2. You can't just use Trinity Limit and Berserk like before. Also, you have to land a combo before applying any damage at all, so having a ton of combo boosts isnt a great idea. I had to level up quite a bit before battling him so keep that in mind. Finally, make sure you have areoga and curaga in shortcut.

Thats all i can think of.. so good luck!

You can use Trinity on Sephy in KHII, but I personally think it is a cheap thing to do.

What I did to beat Sephy in the beginning was to guard then counterguard his octaslash combo, then hit him and make your finisher combo Explosion. Does good damage. When you take down four and a half bars of his health, then he does the dark orbs and fire pillar thingy. Use Reflect when he does the dark orbs, and try not to get too close to him (fire pillar if too close) Rest of him I have to say is based on what I just said and skill.

HeartOfTheHero

your level's fine, change your hipotions to all elixirs, and change your shortcut from firaga to curaga
other than that, i can't think of anything different from when i beat him

Shinra

Banned
Awards
you NEED to have second chance equiped. it is an abslute must. If you dont' have it, you will NEVER win the battle.

It is vital that you have that.

And have every single one of your item slots, cause when he does sin harvest, your magic is gone so you can't use cure.

But have cure as a shortcut anyways. For when he damages you witha move other tahn sin harvest. Like when he does his major tantrum. (He damages you alot during one of them, so have it equiped as shortcut)

Equip Glide Level 3 (max out final form) Airal Doge level 3 (master form) and high jump level 3 (valor form) All of these will help.

And use the arial move where when you press sqaue, it attacks in a side sweeping motion. This definity helps you retaliate on his tantrum.

And in the middle, feel free to glide around and heal if needed.

And gilde alsoa must for the meator attack.

And when the battle begins ALWAYS HAVE YOUR HAND ON THE TRIANGLE BUTTON.

it allows you to block a certain type of his tantrums.

I got a few alternatives to those attacks. to Damage Sephiroth after his first attack (Which I recognize as being called oblivion) Use Shortcut Reflega instead of the reaction command... and not really I didn't have second chance on my first win, And it's not sin harvest it's heartless angel! Use the other strategies told to reach him but if you cannot get to him in time use an elixir. For meteor aerial dodge and glide away as much as you can.for shadow flare and he uses his basic combo use guard then counterguard to clear them away. Berserk charge never worked for me... so I wouldn't recemend it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back