• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Sephiroth in KH3 (and other optional bosses)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

SoraDrive

It's common sense that Square will put Sephiroth as an optional boss, but what other optional bosses would you like to see?

Back to Sephiroth, he was kinda disappointing in KH2. All you had to do to defeat him was just use Reflect every time he attacked and then spam him with Guard Break and Explosion. I expect him to be super hard in KH3! It would be cool if he had like a whole sidequest in KH3.

Now, other optional bosses... I would LOVE to fight Genesis from FF Crisis Core! Kefka would be awesome too! It would even be cool to fight Cloud, Leon, and many others just for fun!

As for Disney/Pixar villains, how about making a return for Cheranbog? He was a fun boss in KH1! Maleficent too of course (the dragon form as well). Syndrome from The Incredible's would be really nice to fight against :)

What do you guys think?

Sorarocks93

Awards
You sure sound very positive that Sephiroth will be in KH3. I for one don't think he will be. But they might put Caius in there since they said he is the strongest villain they ever made.

SoraDrive

You sure sound very positive that Sephiroth will be in KH3. I for one don't think he will be. But they might put Caius in there since they said he is the strongest villain they ever made.

Why NOT make Sephiroth a boss in KH3? He was in KH1 and 2, why not make him a boss in 3?
And how could I forget about Caius?! He was awesome! Would love to fight him.

Sorarocks93

Awards
Why NOT make Sephiroth a boss in KH3? He was in KH1 and 2, why not make him a boss in 3?
And how could I forget about Caius?! He was awesome! Would love to fight him.

That's exactly the reason. It would be too repetitive. And he doesn't feel as intimidating. I sure as hell wasn't that worried about him in KH2 as I was in KH1. But hey, the more bosses the better.

Xammag

Syndrome would be a lot of fun, especially if they could somehow get the Jason Lee to voice him again. Hmm, this is difficult haha. Ooo, Emperor Zurg from Toy Story 2/Buzz Lightyear of Star Command since that's the non-toy version.

As far as FF goes, I think Cecil and Golbez fit the light and dark theme perfectly. That would be an awesome tag team fight or 2 on one. Mog from 13-2? lol, a moogle boss would be hilarious.

SoraDrive

Syndrome would be a lot of fun, especially if they could somehow get the Jason Lee to voice him again. Hmm, this is difficult haha. Ooo, Emperor Zurg from Toy Story 2/Buzz Lightyear of Star Command since that's the non-toy version.

As far as FF goes, I think Cecil and Golbez fit the light and dark theme perfectly. That would be an awesome tag team fight or 2 on one. Mog from 13-2? lol, a moogle boss would be hilarious.

LOL Mog would be really funny! And Cecil and Golbez would work! I hope Square will put as many hidden bosses as possible!

That's exactly the reason. It would be too repetitive. And he doesn't feel as intimidating. I sure as hell wasn't that worried about him in KH2 as I was in KH1. But hey, the more bosses the better.

Maybe, but still, Sephiroth is Sephiroth, not putting him in a numbered KH title is like a KH game without keyblades (but maybe that's just me :p).

Last edited by a moderator:

Bhunivelze

I for one hope Sephy is in the game just to end the Cloud/Sephiroth sub-plot.

The main Characters I'd want to see in the game as Optional Bosses are Kefka, Lightning, and the Lava Titan.

Kisame

It very well could get repetitive as said above. However a repetitive optional boss kind of sounds silly, it's not like you HAVE to fight him.

As for me I think it could go either way. If they at least don't out do the Sephy fight in KH2, then to be it would be a bit of a disappointment. However, it's KH3 so I'll take it regardless.

SoraDrive

It very well could get repetitive as said above. However a repetitive optional boss kind of sounds silly, it's not like you HAVE to fight him.

As for me I think it could go either way. If they at least don't out do the Sephy fight in KH2, then to be it would be a bit of a disappointment. However, it's KH3 so I'll take it regardless.

Agreed. And the fight will be totally different thanks to the next gen capabilities.

Nayru's Love

Why don't you play in Hell?
Awards
Mirage arena.

Countless FF cameos.

Super-hard bosses designed to be fought with multiple people (like No Heart).

Online multiplayer.

Four concepts that can be executed, all at once.

SoraDrive

Mirage arena.

Countless FF cameos.

Super-hard bosses designed to be fought with multiple people (like No Heart).

Online multiplayer.

Four concepts that can be executed, all at once.

+1 for Mirage Arena! It basically replaced the cups in Olympus Coliseum but the arena was so much better!

FF cameos will happen no doubt (I hope to see XIII characters and also Noctis)!

Super hard bosses is what the series needs. The only KH game that I think is really hard is CoM and that is only because of the card system. The bosses in all the other games were pretty simple, especially in KH2. KH1 and BBS had some tough boss battles (I hate you Vanitas) but other than that, harder boss battles will be great!

And about online multiplayer... As long as it comes second and Square doesn't focus too much on multiplayer before finishing the main story then I guess there is no harm :)

Gram

Banned
Awards
I'd rather not see Sephiroth again, as Sorarocks93 pointed out it'd be a bit repetitive.
However I'd love to see some more disney bosses like Julius or maybe some FF summons as bosses~

SoraDrive

I'd rather not see Sephiroth again, as Sorarocks93 pointed out it'd be a bit repetitive.
However I'd love to see some more disney bosses like Julius or maybe some FF summons as bosses~

I don't see why Sephiroth as an OPTIONAL boss would be repetitive since he is OPTIONAL but alright lol

Yeah, how about Behemoth as a summon?

Nayru's Love

Awards
+1 for Mirage Arena! It basically replaced the cups in Olympus Coliseum but the arena was so much better!

FF cameos will happen no doubt (I hope to see XIII characters and also Noctis)!

Super hard bosses is what the series needs. The only KH game that I think is really hard is CoM and that is only because of the card system. The bosses in all the other games were pretty simple, especially in KH2. KH1 and BBS had some tough boss battles (I hate you Vanitas) but other than that, harder boss battles will be great!

And about online multiplayer... As long as it comes second and Square doesn't focus too much on multiplayer before finishing the main story then I guess there is no harm :)

Well, I mean weave all the concepts together. Mirage arena with FF cameos that are super-hard to defeat (possibly requiring other players to stand a chance), both offline/solo and online.

SoraDrive

Well, I mean weave all the concepts together. Mirage arena with FF cameos that are super-hard to defeat (possibly requiring other players to stand a chance), both offline/solo and online.

Ohhh right of course! I'm stupid XP lol Yeah that would make the game a lot better!

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards
I don't see why Sephiroth as an OPTIONAL boss would be repetitive since he is OPTIONAL but alright lol

He'd be repetitive because he's generally considered to be the Secret Boss of KH1 and KH2, or at least the American versions of those games. Furthermore, KH2 brought in a subplot just for that fight, which is a bit more than most optional bosses in the series (aside from the various Xehanort/Terra fights that hint at the plots of future games.

Sure, he's an optional boss, but a lot of gamers like to fight those bosses regardless. And at this point, he really would be rather repetitive. If they did bring him back for such a purpose in KH3, I would hope that would be the absolute final appearance from him in this series. :I It's time for new FF blood, IMO.

SoraDrive

He'd be repetitive because he's generally considered to be the Secret Boss of KH1 and KH2, or at least the American versions of those games. Furthermore, KH2 brought in a subplot just for that fight, which is a bit more than most optional bosses in the series (aside from the various Xehanort/Terra fights that hint at the plots of future games.

Sure, he's an optional boss, but a lot of gamers like to fight those bosses regardless. And at this point, he really would be rather repetitive. If they did bring him back for such a purpose in KH3, I would hope that would be the absolute final appearance from him in this series. :I It's time for new FF blood, IMO.

Yeah, I get what you mean. Maybe a full sidequest with a full story with Sora and Cloud fighting him for the last time would be cool.

Nayru's Love

Awards

You could argue that the Cloud vs. Sephiroth sub-plot started with KH1FM. That being said, I think KH3 could put a firm and fitting end to that sub-plot, given that the sub-plot draws from certain themes of the series anyways. KH2 could have been about Cloud finding how to confront his darkness, whereas KH3 could illustrate his climatic confrontation. Of course, that's not before a pointless fight with Sora.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
I think Sephiroth appearing again might be a little overkill. I actually didn't like his inclusion in the second game but that's probably because the original Japanese version of KH1 didn't had Sephiroth so they added him again in KH1FM and KH2. I hope they do add a different Final Fantasy boss.

Theart

Hyped Ruler of Honnouji Academy
Awards
You could argue that the Cloud vs. Sephiroth sub-plot started with KH1FM.

I wouldn't debate that, at least for the diehard fans that actually knew about the Final Mix games to begin with. However, for the more casual fans that only knew of the American version of the first game, the Cloud vs Sephiroth subplot started with KH2.

That being said, I think KH3 could put a firm and fitting end to that sub-plot, given that the sub-plot draws from certain themes of the series anyways. KH2 could have been about Cloud finding how to confront his darkness, whereas KH3 could illustrate his climatic confrontation. Of course, that's not before a pointless fight with Sora.

Eh, that's true, but I'm rather tired of it at this point. If they were to do that though, I wouldn't want the series to bring him back for any future fights from here on out.

And I'm still hoping for a Secret Boss fight with Kefka. xD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back