• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Sephiroth Acquires his Kingdom Hearts Outfit in Dissidia: Final Fantasy

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards

Much like Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy, the Arcade release of Dissidia: Final Fantasy features costume changes for the playable characters. When Dissidia 012 Final Fantasy launched in 2011, it featured Kingdom Hearts DLC variants for both Cloud and Sephiroth. In a livestream held on February 14th 2017 in Japan, Sephiroth's Kingdom Hearts outfit was re-revealed for the arcade version.

Maybe the Kingdom Hearts outfit for Cloud will soon be joining the game as well. If you haven't been keeping up with the Dissidia news, Kuja was recently revealed to be coming into the game, the Director and Producer discuss the console version of the game, and Final Fantasy XII's Rabanastre is an upcoming stage. You can view more about Dissidia, and other Final Fantasy games, on our sister site Final Fantasy Network.

Follow Kingdom Hearts Insider on FacebookTwitter, and Tumblr for the latest updates on Kingdom Hearts Unchained X, Kingdom Hearts 3, Kingdom Hearts HD 2.8 Final Chapter Prologue and all things Kingdom Hearts

Ixbran

I would love to see the return of Cloud and Squalls KH1 outfits. We missed out on Squalls KH outfit in Dissidia 012 in the americas, so id be happy to see it return in Dissidia Arcades console release.

And should Aerith return, this time as a playable character, I'd like to see her KHI outfit be usable as well.

Recon

Art of War
Awards
I used this outfit for him the most while playing Duodecium. Also those wing prongs (?) on the hilt look rather new.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
I used this outfit for him the most while playing Duodecium. Also those wing prongs (?) on the hilt look rather new.

You mean the extensions on his lower arms?
These were always there in his KH form, in both KH 1 and KH 2.

As for the "wings" on the weapon in the video, it is obvious that this isn't Masamune equipped but a different weapon, possibly Sephy's second alternate weapon after "Mako Katana".

---

His KH outfit certainly looks more sophisticated and intimidating compared to his regular one and his standard Dissidia one.

If Sephy is included in KH III, I wonder if he will look like this or if his outfit gets some new props again (like the hip-wings in KH 2). This new winged sword (which reminds me a little of Genesis' red rune sword, only black and with a longer blade) looks also pretty imposing.

vincentr0th

Awards
is it just me,or does that Katana look like a black,Katanafied Divewing Keyblade?

Recon

Art of War
Awards
You mean the extensions on his lower arms?
These were always there in his KH form, in both KH 1 and KH 2.

Ah, I must have forgotten. I don't recall seeing them in Dissidia. They don't seem to appear on his hilt in this render.

catcake

eien no chikai
Awards
Cool! I really like Cloud's KH1 design, so would be nice too see it included in other stuff too. Not a fan of the KH2 one.

Sephiroth0812

Guardian of Light
Awards
Ah, I must have forgotten. I don't recall seeing them in Dissidia. They don't seem to appear on his hilt in this render.

You can clearly see the black and red "wing" protruding from his lower arm even in this render.

As when speaking about a "hilt", aka meaning the weapon, as said, the weapon Sephiroth wields in the video isn't the Masamune (which is the only weapon he actually visually wielded in the old Dissdias due to technical limitations), but his second alternate weapon.

So far, Sephiroth has three different weapons in the new Dissidia:

1. Masamune, his default and signature weapon.
2. Mako Katana
3. Cetra Blade

The third one is the new weapon that is showcased together with the Kingdom Hearts outfit in the video, and this new weapon apparently does have wings on the hilt forming a sort of handguard.

Last edited:

Recon

Art of War
Awards
The third one is the new weapon that his showcased together with the Kingdom Hearts outfit in the video, and this new weapon apparently does have wings on the hilt forming a sort of handguard.

The new weapon threw me off clearly ;~; The design is pretty awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back