• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Senerios in BBS

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Delsan

Killjoy Hillington
Awards
When birth by sleep comes out, who are you going to chose first? I'm going to do Ven first becuase he looks like Roxas.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
Terra, Ven, Aqua. That was the recommended and chronological play order, I believe.

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
Wasn't there already a thread on this? Whatever...

That's the order recommended by Nomura to best understand the story so I would go with that.
Playing in any order doesn't help you understand the story any better. It just means that TVA is slightly in the chronological order but even then, it's not fully in the right order. Who you play as in whatever order doesn't change your understanding of the story as well. Another thing to note is that Terra does spoil some of the story in an under-dramatic way. For example, in Ven's story, they show Vanitas's creation in a dramatic flashback. In Terra's story... it's explained in a sentence. Not saying it's wrong to choose the TVA order but don't think that because Nomura said it's best to play as that doesn't mean you HAVE to play like that. It honestly makes no difference.

For me, I'm going in the same order I did last time: Ventus, Aqua, Terra and on Critical Mode.

Musical charm

I've always wanted to ask this question, I know that the way you play bbs is terra, ven, and aqua, but what I don't understan is, do you play fully one scenario, then go to the second one and play it fully, and so on, or do you just each one bit by bit?

Sadie808

I`m just going to play the same way i did in my jpn bbs

Ventus -Terra - Aqua

I've always wanted to ask this question, I know that the way you play bbs is terra, ven, and aqua, but what I don't understan is, do you play fully one scenario, then go to the second one and play it fully, and so on, or do you just each one bit by bit?

I finish the whole scenario before i start a new game.
heh this time when i play in the NA version i mite just spent my time in the mirage arena playing nomura`s command board game since i know whats going to happen in the story ;]

Last edited:

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards

You don't play it as TVA. It's your choice.
When you play the game, you first start with a tutorial (which is skippable) and then you are brought to a select screen where you can choose "Terra", "Ventus", or "Aqua" It's all your choice, the game doesn't make that decision for you. Think of it like Sonic Adventure for the Sega Dreamcast where you can select who you play, when you play, and how you play.

This is what it looks like:
characterselectscreen.jpg

State

Awards
oh, another one of these threads xD
the order nomura recommended, which has been mentioned beforehand.

Aqua.

ichimaru gin~ <3
ok so i know nomura said to play

terra/ven/aqua

but is it easier to understand the story that way ? or is it because it's more suspensful/exciting playing it in that way?

cuz i want to play it in the way that it is most dramatic and shocking [to me], not a way where ill easily understand everything.. lol..

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
ok so i know nomura said to play

terra/ven/aqua

but is it easier to understand the story that way ? or is it because it's more suspensful/exciting playing it in that way?

cuz i want to play it in the way that it is most dramatic and shocking [to me], not a way where ill easily understand everything.. lol..

It honestly doesn't make understanding the story any easier at all. In fact, I would actually recommend playing as Terra's story last because he kind of spoils much of the story before the other characters get a chance to share their part. Here's an example:
Ventus's story: They show Vanitas's birth in a dramatic flashback cutscene
Terra's story: MX explains it in a sentence.
Which would you like to see first and not be spoiled with? I'd go with Ven's dramatic flashback scene.

I think the best order in terms of saving the epicness for last would be:
Aqua
Ventus
Terra
Last Episode

Musical charm

You don't play it as TVA. It's your choice.
When you play the game, you first start with a tutorial (which is skippable) and then you are brought to a select screen where you can choose "Terra", "Ventus", or "Aqua" It's all your choice, the game doesn't make that decision for you. Think of it like Sonic Adventure for the Sega Dreamcast where you can select who you play, when you play, and how you play.

This is what it looks like:
characterselectscreen.jpg

Thanks for clarifying things a bit, but What I don't understand is how you'd play, do you play each scenario fully like when you finish one scenario, you go to the next one and finish it and so on or do you play each scenario a bit, then play another scenario a bit and so on until you beat the game?

skyfoxx

Silver Member
Awards
Thanks for clarifying things a bit, but What I don't understand is how you'd play, do you play each scenario fully like when you finish one scenario, you go to the next one and finish it and so on or do you play each scenario a bit, then play another scenario a bit and so on until you beat the game?

Anyway you want. It's all decision. If you want, you can play as a certain character until their scenario is done... or you could stop half-way and go choose another character.
Everytime you want to choose a new character, you'd go to "New Game", "Skip Tutorial" and it will bring you to the character selection screen.

Another thing to note is that you need to a separate save file for each character. For example, if you're playing as Terra's story you need to save a game file on his story and if you decide to go to Ven's story, then you need to save in a different game file otherwise you're over-writing the other character's progress.

Musical charm

Anyway you want. It's all decision. If you want, you can play as a certain character until their scenario is done... or you could stop half-way and go choose another character.
Everytime you want to choose a new character, you'd go to "New Game", "Skip Tutorial" and it will bring you to the character selection screen.

Another thing to note is that you need to a separate save file for each character. For example, if you're playing as Terra's story you need to save a game file on his story and if you decide to go to Ven's story, then you need to save in a different game file otherwise you're over-writing the other character's progress.

thanks for the heads up on saving, even though I've never played bbs, I know that mistake already, been there, and not planning on going that road again.

Reika

"Together... always."
Awards
Website
blayzes.deviantart.com
THough Terra is recommended as being first, I'm going to have to go with my favorite, Aqua. xD She looks VERY fun to play as. OwO

Aqua.

ichimaru gin~ <3

lets say your playing as aqua then you stop in the middle to play as ven

you have to play as ven but from the very start? so then lets say you stop w/ ven in the middle to play as aqua again'

you play as her and stuff and then lets say you stop to play as ven again

you play as ven..?

i see.. but you can't play it all in the same timeline can you ? oh damn.. sounds confusing xD

Apostle

Silver Member
Awards
I'm playing it Aqua, Terra, Ven. Mostly I'm doing it in order of who I like the least to who I like the most. Saving the best for last, imo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back