• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Sega

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyanide Sprinkle

Only thing Sega is good at is making Sonic.............except not anymore v.v. But I do like Crush 40 so at least there is that to look forward to in Sega lol.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards
i remember playing an awesome rpg for the sega saturn. it was called albert odyssey. it was like one of the greatest rpgs during that time...

250px-Eldeanfront.jpg

Joe_Keybladerz

Phantasy Star is an awesome action RPG, it can almost compete with KH. Virtua Fighter was the best 3D fighting game at the time until Tekken came out. House of the Dead was good, though it lost horribly to our beloved Resident Evil, or how japanese people know it as "Biohazard". The old sega games, without a doubt, are great classics.

Joe_Keybladerz

You never heard of the saturn? Well isn't it better to google it than asking? Oh well, questions are good for the post count... The saturn is a sega gaming console system.

Santuary

I've never even heard of the Sega Saturn. What is it?

You havn't been around long have you?

The Sega Saturn was the console that was released to compete with the PS1 and the N64 in the mid 90's, but it did poorly for a number of reasons.

Sega surprised Sony and Nintendo by releasing it ahead of schedual, but retailers we'rnt aware of this, so it hit them by surprise. None of the development companies knew ether, so there games where not released as launch titles. As a result, the only launch title was the latest Virtual Fighter game (Can't remember which one).

The main thing that caused it's own downfall was the cancellation of "Sonic X-treme". PS1 and N64 had already released there own flagship platformer games (Crash Bandicoot and Mario 64) so Sega where expected to follow suit with a new Sonic game. But the game ended up going through "development hell" and they ended up cancelling it at pratically the last minute.

As I said, there where a few highlights for the system, such as, as I mentioned, "NiGHTS into Dreams" which became an instant classic, but the Saturn sadly ended up ducking out before the other two.

Gatorade

Naturally, we called it Gatorade
You havn't been around long have you?

The Sega Saturn was the console that was released to compete with the PS1 and the N64 in the mid 90's, but it did poorly for a number of reasons.

Sega surprised Sony and Nintendo by releasing it ahead of schedual, but retailers we'rnt aware of this, so it hit them by surprise. None of the development companies knew ether, so there games where not released as launch titles. As a result, the only launch title was the latest Virtual Fighter game (Can't remember which one).

The main thing that caused it's own downfall was the cancellation of "Sonic X-treme". PS1 and N64 had already released there own flagship platformer games (Crash Bandicoot and Mario 64) so Sega where expected to follow suit with a new Sonic game. But the game ended up going through "development hell" and they ended up cancelling it at pratically the last minute.

As I said, there where a few highlights for the system, such as, as I mentioned, "NiGHTS into Dreams" which became an instant classic, but the Saturn sadly ended up ducking out before the other two.
Oh wow interesting, I didn't know that. I knew nothing about gaming until I got my PS2 in 2000. Thanks for that info.

Leonard

Married to Crimson ♥
Yeah, the Saturn was mostly unnoticed, due to the Sega Genesis not being completely dead yet (with the Sega CD and 32X) and the Dreamcast already announced and in development. It was kind of sandwiched in between.

Plus, the Playstation and N64 hogged most of the attention.

Terra215

Really? I blame the shitty controls, bad graphics, the game playing itself, bad story, bad voice acting, bad characters...

Seriously, what made the Genesis versions of the games so great? It was the story... there was none. It was classic side scrolling platforming with awesome music. And the story was "keep playing until you get to a big boss and beat it."

The thing started going down hill after adding a bunch of annoying characters, and turning tails into one of the most annoying game characters, and terrible rock music and voice acting.

You just called Crush 40 terrible? You Madman!

S

Shadow Soldier

Sega CD add on for Genesis = Sega Saturn.

edit:

Terra215 said:
You just called Crush 40 terrible? You Madman!

What in the bloody fuck is Crush 40? I said the Sonic games suck now because they added a story, shitty voice acting, it's no longer 2D platforming, crappy music, oh and the games play themselves for you.

Leonard

Married to Crimson ♥

Only that the CD based games for that time were an absolute joke. Minus Sonic CD of course.

What in the bloody fuck is Crush 40? I said the Sonic games suck now because they added a story, shitty voice acting, it's no longer 2D platforming, crappy music, oh and the games play themselves for you.

These people would be the ones you'd have to blame for that "terrible rock music".

chaywa

A Picasso Reality
Phantasy Star is an awesome action RPG, it can almost compete with KH. Virtua Fighter was the best 3D fighting game at the time until Tekken came out. House of the Dead was good, though it lost horribly to our beloved Resident Evil, or how japanese people know it as "Biohazard". The old sega games, without a doubt, are great classics.

Firstly Phantasy Star (especially IV) trumps anything KH related, and will likely always do. It's arguably one of the best RPGs ever made.

Virtua Fighter is still a much better fighter than Tekken, it may not have the same pick up and play 'arcade' factor but it's the strongest 3D Fighting franchise that hasn't ballsed itself up (See Soul Calibur III and IV).

Resi Evil and House of the Dead are two completely different games (save for the Umbrella Chronicles and Outbreak), so comparing them just because they have zombies and deformed creatures in is bull.

SEGA themselves have published some quality games, it's a shame the recent Sonic and NiGHTS outing have lowered their credibility somewhat.

riku0147

Awards
Firstly Phantasy Star (especially IV) trumps anything KH related, and will likely always do. It's arguably one of the best RPGs ever made.

Virtua Fighter is still a much better fighter than Tekken, it may not have the same pick up and play 'arcade' factor but it's the strongest 3D Fighting franchise that hasn't ballsed itself up (See Soul Calibur III and IV).

Resi Evil and House of the Dead are two completely different games (save for the Umbrella Chronicles and Outbreak), so comparing them just because they have zombies and deformed creatures in is bull.

SEGA themselves have published some quality games, it's a shame the recent Sonic and NiGHTS outing have lowered their credibility somewhat.

Exactly

Joe_Keybladerz

Yeah, that was my opinion. I think KH is still better. I'm not saying that its not better for everyone, in fact, Im waiting for the Phantasy Star Portable to come out in the USA to buy it. I have it on my calender. :D

Tekken is awesome, I don't know what your talking about. By the way, if Im not mistaken, Tekken and Virtua Fighter are related in a way. I know I heard of it somewhere...

They are both in the genre "Horror" games. I was just saying that resident evil is a great horror game and that its better than House of the Dead. I mean if they were to remake House of the Dead, I would buy it because it would probably be better than resident evil, who knows? Technology can really transform something into something way better, like a video game.

:) Amen to that. Why do you think I made a thread souly divoted to SEGA? I love SEGA! One of their old console systems was one of the first systems I have played in my life.

Rix

:)
Awards

edit:

I do so agree with you on everything... And I don't really get the "rock"music they are adding to the games.. If we go back to original Sonic, the music was nothing like the rock crap they add today.. And the old music was awesome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back