• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Seems a bit contradictory (was the world truly void of darkness?)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gram

Banned
Awards
No, the script only speaks about darkness completely covering the world and doesn't mention the RoD explicitly, but the darkness has to come from somewhere not to mention that the true KH can only sink into the RoD if it exists.

Not necessarily. Kh is said to have been swallowed by the darkness, that doesnt mean there had to be a dark realm beforehand.

It wasnt swallowed until the wars end when everything was finally overrun with shadow, meaning that its just as likely the area in which was swallowed eventually became te dark realm.
After all they couldnt fully restore the world or bring back the true kh. So who's to say the dark realm isnt just the part of the world they couldnt restore?

Besides if darkness was confined solely to one realm then me thinks the xblade would be impossible as it is half darkness yet was coexisting with its counterpart kingdom hearts in the world of light.
Darkness was obviously somewhere yes but theres nothing saying it was a dark realm, it could've been confined anywhere or possibly always in the world in some form only becoming a problem after it invaded the hearts of man.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
As for where the darkness came from if not the RoD, when the worlds were all joined together originally as one world, they were still surrounded by the Lanes Between, which is darkness. I think this was brought up somewhere on the last page. Perhaps the darkness from there seeped into the world (which at the time, people were unaware that in their world of light they were surrounded by darkness, since no perforations in the worlds had been made yet to let darkness through).

After all they couldnt fully restore the world or bring back the true kh. So who's to say the dark realm isnt just the part of the world they couldnt restore?

I guess it's possible that the RoD is just an extension of the world they couldn't restore, but I just don't see why when worlds are taken over my darkness they are sent to the RoD. If the RoD is just another normal part of the world that can't be restored, it would be plausible to assume that it's just like the RoL where there are worlds stuck down there that will always be there since it is just another part of the world (which is possible).

However, given how they've implied the whole "once you're taken over my darkness you're sent there" and darkness, while not bad, is heavily implied to be malevolent, it seems the RoD is more of a realm where worlds go if they "die" so-to-speak, couldn't think of a better term for that and that doesn't sound like a "part of the world."

Gram

Banned
Awards
As for where the darkness came from if not the RoD, when the worlds were all joined together originally as one world, they were still surrounded by the Lanes Between, which is darkness. I think this was brought up somewhere on the last page. Perhaps the darkness from there seeped into the world (which at the time, people were unaware that in their world of light they were surrounded by darkness, since no perforations in the worlds had been made yet to let darkness through).
That seems unlikely because at that point in the worlds history the world was connected and one, it wouldn't have the Lanes or even Corridors since there was no need for such paths.

The Lanes and Corridors function as paths between the closed off worlds of today, in a world totally open and connected they'd have no purpose.

I guess it's possible that the RoD is just an extension of the world they couldn't restore, but I just don't see why when worlds are taken over my darkness they are sent to the RoD. If the RoD is just another normal part of the world that can't be restored, it would be plausible to assume that it's just like the RoL where there are worlds stuck down there that will always be there since it is just another part of the world (which is possible).
You have to remember the nature of worlds now and the nature of the single world then are different, what's the norm now wouldn't be exactly the same as then. (at least logically speaking)

As for why worlds sink into darkness that's something you'll have to ask nomura as it's not only worlds but hearts in general that sink into darkness.
Darkness seems to be the end game, for whatever reason when something disappears it sinks into darkness.

Though if I had to guess it's likely due to kingdom hearts presence within the dark realm. It's the source of all hearts so when something like a person or world loses that heart them going to the dark realm may just be them trying to return to their origin.
Of course if it's a heartless that taken a heart it makers perfect sense something is dragged into darkness, to have your heart taken or become a heartless is the same as sinking into it.

However, given how they've implied the whole "once you're taken over my darkness you're sent there" and darkness, while not bad, is heavily implied to be malevolent, it seems the RoD is more of a realm where worlds go if they "die" so-to-speak, couldn't think of a better term for that and that doesn't sound like a "part of the world."

Dont forget sleep, as Ansem says "darkness holds sleep" so it may also tie into that. When something "dies" in kh it's cause it's physical form has died while the heart goes somewhere.
And given were the lost hearts of worlds from kh1 ended, the realm of Sleep, it may very well be that sleep is the end game and things sink into darkness simply because that is where sleep is held.

It's all really an assumption game really and to me all assumptions seem plausible.
All that we know for sure is that darkness had to exist in some form or fashion since the universes inception else the xblade itself would be an impossibility.

kupo1121

We are Moogle! Hear us...kupo?
Awards
That seems unlikely because at that point in the worlds history the world was connected and one, it wouldn't have the Lanes or even Corridors since there was no need for such paths.

The Lanes and Corridors function as paths between the closed off worlds of today, in a world totally open and connected they'd have no purpose.

This is also something that can only be speculated currently, but personally, I always thought of the Lanes Between like space is to Earth. Even if all the planets (worlds) were put together, they're still surrounded by endless space. Now that "space" or the corridors, just serves to separate all the different planets (worlds). However, that's always just how I looked at it, not necessarily giving weight to the idea that that's how it was.

You have to remember the nature of worlds now and the nature of the single world then are different, what's the norm now wouldn't be exactly the same as then. (at least logically speaking)

As for why worlds sink into darkness that's something you'll have to ask nomura as it's not only worlds but hearts in general that sink into darkness.
Darkness seems to be the end game, for whatever reason when something disappears it sinks into darkness.

Exactly. Although the way the universe functions as a whole I always saw as a constant, kind of like the physics of the world. While the realms may look different, they still should "function" the same in terms of certain properties. I do agree though that sinking into the darkness is more like death though since sleep is in darkness and sleep is KH's version of death, waiting to be reborn.

It's all really an assumption game really and to me all assumptions seem plausible.
All that we know for sure is that darkness had to exist in some form or fashion since the universes inception else the xblade itself would be an impossibility.

Pretty much, but speculation is 1/2 the fun to an extent.

Gram

Banned
Awards
This is also something that can only be speculated currently, but personally, I always thought of the Lanes Between like space is to Earth. Even if all the planets (worlds) were put together, they're still surrounded by endless space. Now that "space" or the corridors, just serves to separate all the different planets (worlds). However, that's always just how I looked at it, not necessarily giving weight to the idea that that's how it was.

Exactly. Although the way the universe functions as a whole I always saw as a constant, kind of like the physics of the world. While the realms may look different, they still should "function" the same in terms of certain properties. I do agree though that sinking into the darkness is more like death though since sleep is in darkness and sleep is KH's version of death, waiting
Space and the lanes and corridors aren't synonymous things. The lanes and CoD are pathways through space (not space itself) to get from world to another, a purpose which would lose meaning in a connected world.
Space itself will always be there as anything that exists have to take up a 'space'.

Things obviously dont function as they exactly did. While some things will be constant, like time or space or gravity, other things will have changed as the very law of the world changed due to the mass amounts of darkness that covered it, destroyed it, and finally lead to it being reorganized to up hold the change.

The_Echo

Anti-SENA Operative
Awards
Huh, interesting find.

It's also been stated a few times in the franchise that Light and Darkness are "two sides of the same coin," that one cannot exist without the other.

Of course, I believe it goes without saying that the story of the World's origins may not be incredibly reliable. It's referred to as a legend, and even if true, is a story as old as the World itself. Certainly not immune to the telephone effect.

I don't believe that people's lust for the χ-blade birthed Darkness. Such emotions are historically influenced by the presence of Darkness. So, perhaps the state of affairs was that Darkness was... locked away, overwhelmed by the presence of so much Light? And the Keyblade War is what opened the floodgates.
No, the script only speaks about darkness completely covering the world and doesn't mention the RoD explicitly, but the darkness has to come from somewhere not to mention that the true KH can only sink into the RoD if it exists.
Isn't the word "swallowed" generally used in that context?

It could be that Kingdom Hearts never moved an inch, and the Realm of Darkness simply formed around it.

We've seen that the RoD doesn't really have worlds like the Realm of Light and Realm Between do, which is a strange inconsistency if you ask me. It seems to be a mostly consistent, connected landscape. The terrain in the Realm of Darkness could actually be some remnant of the old, connected World.

Last edited:

Gram

Banned
Awards
The_Echo said:
It could be that Kingdom Hearts never moved an inch, and the Realm of Darkness simply formed around it.
That's actually a great possibility. The darkness was somewhere in the world and the xblade was born with half of that element. Perhaps the shadow cast by the light of kingdom hearts was within itself?

Maybe darkness, like light (again two sides same coin), also originates from kh and was simply dormant there in the beginning until it grew beyond containing. (something brought on by mans greed)

If the world truly was one world then there shouldn't have been multiple worlds nor realms because everything was supposedly singular.
The "Realm of Light" was born when the world was reorganized and has since housed most the worlds and people to survive the world so who's the say the Dark Realm itself wasn't also born in that reorganizing?
It's purpose to contain as much darkness as possible as well as the heartless born from it keeping all the survives of the light realm same from them.
(the twilight realm, of course, being born with the other two as it's the middle ground dividing them)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back