• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Seeking Answers, Hidden Truth

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shi-Seventh Kira

Again, I'm sorry. I just recently acquired a cold and I am just getting over it. So, while I battle colds, here's the next chapter. I hate colds...

Kurai looked around for what seemed to be the millionth time. As she did, she felt a searing pain in her stomach. Looking down, she realized with dread that there was a gash there. A huge one. And funnily enough, it looked like the one she got during her first memory. Kurai sat up, ignoring the pain, and proceeded to bandage herself. As she did so, Kurai couldn't help but wonder, 'What was wrong with Somoue?' Well, she already knew what. But why? Somoue... the innocent girl... Why had she joined them?

Kurai was so lost in thought, she didn't notice the shadow in the tree above her. Kurai studied her memories again. Everything started out completely normal. Yes, that's how it always was. Then something would always go wrong and Somoue would turn all evil on her.

FLASHBACK
"But why?!" Kurai cried out in pain.
"Why? Because I wanted to. You know, Ane-Sama, you never understood me. You always bossed me around. Well, I could care less if you are the Prophecy. Cause' that doesn't matter if you can't do jack." Somoue grinned at her but it looked more like a sneer.
"Somoue... you don't understand... Please, turn back. Go back to the way things were." Kurai pleaded, something she did rarely.
"No. Never. I will never trust you again. Because you used me, Ane-Sama. You used me. But you know what, it's alright. You never thought me a threat until I could do stuff you couldn't. Then you wanted my power. I guess... this is my fate as the Prophecy's Opposite, Ane-Sama..."

END FLASHBACK

Kurai clutched herself in pain, amid the memory. It was too much. She didn't know where she was but she knew she shouldn't cry. Somoue was never coming back. And it was all her fault. All hers. But... there had to be something. Something else. Kurai lost herself in another memory, trying to find out what went wrong...

FLASHBACK
Hey, Ane-Sama. I just got this new ability. Wanna see?" Somoue looked hopeful.
"Sure." Kurai shrugged.
"Cool! Alright, Sharinghan!" Somoue's eyes turned red. But it was gone and her eyes turned back to normal. "Isn't that awesome?" Kurai slapped her.
"Don't do it again." She walked off but not before she heard Somoue utter a cry.

END FLASHBACK

That was her fault. She shouldn't have hit her like that. Why hadn't she praised her? Because Somoue had an ability she didn't and couldn't have? Another memory flashed to mind and Kurai was lost again.

FLASHBACK
Ane-Sama, I can handle this." Somoue was holding back an Akatsuki member.
"No, you can't. Let me--" Kurai winced. She was badly wounded.
"No, I got Deidara. Sides', he's probably nervous. We might find out he's really a girl!" Kurai grinned relunctantly. Leave it to Somoue to make a joke.
"Don't be long." Kurai shot off after Sasuke and Sekomata. Somoue turned back to battle but on her face, Somoue knew that she was going to lose.

END FLASHBACK

Oh god... She knew it then! She knew what was going to happen to her and she didn't stop! She didn't help herself. Oh god... Why hadn't she realized it?! Why hadn't she helped her? As Kurai clutched herself in pain, hands shot from behind her. Before Kurai could react, she was knocked unconcious. And this was the last thing she needed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Later, Kurai woke up. She gazed at the campfire and looked around. She saw a figure in the doorway. She braced herself.

"Ah, you're awake." The figure said gently.

"Oh please." Kurai grabbed her handy sword. The figure stiffened.

"Wait, hold on." The figure stepped into the light and Kurai's heart missed a beat.

"Sasuke?!" Kurai exclaimed. It couldn't be... How? He was... fighting Sekomata... Wait, she just saw Sekomata in reality. So, they finished fighting? Kurai scanned Sasuke and saw a bunch of scars. Where had he gotten those from? Somoue? Or another Akatsuki member? Well, she would have to fight him to get the answers anyway. Kurai tensed as Sasuke took a step towards her.

"Look, I went into your memories so--" Kurai didn't wait for him to finish.

"WHAT?! WHY?!" Kurai almost yelped. Damn... She was weak now.

"You need to come back." Sasuke shook her gently and then harder. "Come back to the present."

"No," Kurai moaned. "I can't. I want to--" Kurai got cut off.

"You have to." Sasuke told her simply. Kurai didn't have time for this. She stood up and started towards the entrance. As Sasuke called out to her, Kurai felt the pain, more intense than before. She fell towards the ground and fell into darknesses embrace.

Well, that was real fun. Making Kurai a little weaker than she should be. A little disappointing too. Ah well. Hope you enjoyed it. I am so gonna kick this cold's ass. *waves and rose petals start to destroy the rest of her cold*

Mika-Mika ^_^

I live in some sort of box, trapped in there with
Thank you so much Shi-Seventh Kira!! *bows to her friend* Well, hi, *suddenly nervous* er, I'm the real author behind this fanfiction. Shi-Chan was being nice enough to post my words on her account. So, now, I can post them! I mentioned this earlier, in the first post of this thread, Shi's posting for me. So thank you again to my friend! Er, and now, the story. (Link-Not the chickens! Please no the chickens! Dark Link-Go my chickens, attack!)

Kurai felt like hurling to no end. She couldn't and she wouldn't but her body protested every movement she took. She clenched her fists. Damn... this was gonna be hard... Kurai turned around and realized there was no cave behind her? Had that all been a dream? Probably Somoue... Kurai stumbled along the path and eventually made her way to the nearest village.

Kurai had no energy to swear but she would've if she could. The Sand Village wasn't that bad but it was who was in it that she was worried about. Kurai sighed and dragged herself through the village. She got many stares but Kurai didn't care. She had to find out... She had to... As she progressed, she saw a brown haired girl running, a gleam in her eye. Trying not to retch, she realized this girl to be Matsuri. Martsuri slowed down at sight of her.

"Hey! Kurai, long time no see! You look terrible, well, at least that awful Somoue is gone right? So now Gaara-Sama only has to train me!" Kurai wouldn've punched Matsuri but had to contend herself with a mutter of 'bitch'. Matsuri didn't hear her because she continued to talk.

"Well, Gaara-Sama has a burden off his chest but he doesn't seem too happy. That's messed up. All she did was burden him. I actually tried. But now, Gaara-Sama won't train me! It's not fair... Well, Gaara-Sama is waiting. I'll see if I can cheer him up. Coming?" Matsuri held out her hand. Kurai nodded but refused her help. It was bad enough haveing to deal with Bitch#1 and Bitch#2 (this will be explained later... actually... in the next post...) but now Bitch#3?! This was too much. Well, she hadn't encountered the two bitches... yet... After a few minutes, Matsuri called out.

"We're here! Hey, I said we're here Gaara-Sama!" Matsuri wrapped on the door. Soon, a very depressed (or ticked off, Kurai couldn't tell) Gaara opened the door. Gaara looked at Matsuri with a look of annoyance and then his gaze shifted to Kurai. He looked a little more awake once he saw her.

"Matsuri, go. Kurai, come on." Gaara ordered in as little words as possible.

"HEY!" But Matsuri stayed where she was, grumbling. Kurai walked with Gaara for a bit and then Gaara turned to her when there was no one around.

"Any news on Somoue?" Gaara looked a little hopeful. Kurai couldn't help but feel guilty. After Naruto had showed Gaara how to have emotions, he was a better person. Kurai had the notion he liked spending time with Somoue, that is, when Somoue was her fouteen year old self. Kurai went on a mini-rant wondering why Somoue liked to go around as a seven-year-old rather then take on her true appearance as a fourteen-year-old. Ah well. Kurai sighed and responded to Gaara's question.

"No. I mean, she's not coming back. She's already tried to kill me... Three times I think... Oh, hey Gaara, what's the date today?" Kurai asked. Gaara looked at her funnily but answered her all the same.

"It's August 3rd, if you must know." Kurai eyes snapped open. That was the date of today! Er, the present! So, she must've gotten away from Sekomata. But how? Wait... She saw a figure chasing after her on the way here. That must've been Sekomata...

"Great." Kurai said. Gaara's gaze shifted down towards his feet, showing he was depressed.

"I wish we had figured it out. Before Somoue battled. Then she wouldn't be in the Akat--" Gaara was cut off by a shrill laughter. Kurai and Gaara turned and Kurai immediately drew her sword.

"Hello Ane-Sama. Gaara of the--" Somoue bit her lip in disgust. Kurai looked up. Had she been about to say Gaara of the Funk? Was the Somoue she knew still there? Somoue sighed and then continued. "Gaara-Kun. Fancy this. Ane-Sama actually escaped from her memories... But not without wounds." This wasn't Somoue, sneering at her. It wasn't her! Somoue continued as she got glares from Kurai.

"I knew I should've finished you off those previous times... But now, I guess it should be simple enough..." Somoue landed in front of Kurai. "Sharinghan!" Crap... not that... Kurai wouldn't last for long in this condition. Kurai took a run for it.

"Wai--" Kurai turned to see Somoue being held back by sand. Gaara... She would have to thank him later. For now, she had to find Sekomata and Sasuke... Somoue... A little part of her was still there... Kurai knew it. As Kurai ran, she heard Matsuri scream. That girl would never stay put... Kurai pushed her limits and ran faster.

That was a lot of fun. Hope you enjoyed the update... I couldn't figure out where to end though... Ah... At least the cold is almost gone. Rose Petals go! *rose petals attack the remaining cold*

Mika-Mika ^_^

Say hello to the two foot tall brick wall of writer's block! You knew it would come... Hold on... *takes out bat and starts to attack the wall* Okay, well, I'm just gonna brain storm today and tomorrow. Promise to have the next chapter by thursday. It should be gone by then. Now then, here's a sub-sub story you will only see when I have writer's block.

What if... just what if... the Naruto characters had to take the math regent? And what if, I was stuck in the room with them, taking it?

I felt weird. I was the only regular person in the room. Everyone else was some sort of ninja. Ah well, can't win em all. As I started to focus on the last part of her math regents, SOMETHING made me look up.

"Hey, I'm bored DATTEBAYO!" It was Naruto, that had to be Naruto.

"Shut up will you? Some of us want to pass this thing. It's okay if you fail though." That was Sasuke. I looked up to watch the scene and so did various others.

"I'm not gonna fail DATTEBAYO!" Naruto said.

"Stop shouting that word." Sasuke looked away as if repulsed by Naruto's presence.

"No DATTEBAYO! Although, since Sasuke has the log, I should have my own innanimate object. Say hello to the two foot tall brick wall!" Naruto pulled out a brick wall. Hey, was that my writer's block?!

"My log," Here Sasuke paused to bring out the log,"Can beat the crap out of your brick wall anytime."

"You lost against the log DATTEBAYO! You suck DATTEBAYO!" Naruto laughed. At this point, Sakura slammed her fist on the table.

"Naruto, how many times do I have to tell you not to bother Sasuke?" Sakura said with a gleam in her eyes.

"Shut up Bitch#1! DATTEBAYO!" Naruto turned back to his battle with Sasuke.

"Why are you calling me that?!" Sakura was now wailing. Heh-heh-heh. Too bad I don't like Sakura...

"Um, cause' everyone is talking, what's the answer to number 35?" Shikamaru asked this, of course.

"Shut up!" Sasuke grabbed his desk and threw it at Shikamaru. Shikamaru dodges and it hits Lee in the face. Lee's nose starts to bleed.

"Oh my. Big brows, big lashes, and big blood. Wow! It's a triple threat!" I couldn't help but exclaim. The Naruto cast nods in agreement.

Yeah, that was bit short. But it's the only place I can end it. Yeah, I won't be posting tomorrow cause' of this wall, *looks to wall and it is already half-destroyed* so more posting of story on Thursday! Again, I'm sorry. But I figured you needed a little entertainment for your reading and waiting.

Haku

<3
Awesome chapters I really look forward into seeing what happens next.

Mika-Mika ^_^

*Mika-NOW! Smash the wall before it evolves! Shi-Okay!, both take out bats and whack the wall down once and for all* HA! I have defeated the two foot tall brick wall of writer's block! For now... So, enjoy the next chapter before the wall evolves... Oh, one more thing. My family wants to go somewhere so I won't be able to update Friday thru Sunday. I'm sorry! Please put up with the wait!

Gaara was panting hard. There was no way the real Somoue was able to do this much damage. He had hardly moved and yet, she had penetrated his defences. She had hurt him badly. But each time she attacked him... Gaara could've sworn that a look of pain and regret crossed her face. It only lasted for a few seconds though.

Gaara was down to the Ultimate Defence and was hoping Somoue wouldn't penetrate it. Most likely not. As Somoue went to attack him again, she winced. Somoue clutched her stomach and fell to her knees. Huh? What was going--

"Damn! The Somoue replica isn't working..." Gaara looked up to see Deidara safetly in the air, watching them. Gaara mustered up some energy to yell.

"Replica?! What do you mean replica?!" Deidara looked annoyed and agrivated.

"Shouldn't have said that." Deidara muttered some words Gaara couldn't understnad but in an instant, Somoue was gone and Deidara was too... This was... awkward...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Somoue felt more awake than she had in days. Usually, she was in some sort of sleep but not now. Now, she was in power of her thoughts. This made for a good change. Somoue tried opening her eyes and promtly found that they would not open. She reached out with her senses and "saw" Akatsuki member around her. She shivered. This reminded her of the Gaara experience. Somoue became annoyed at the fact that she could not move nor talk.

As Somoue struggled to keep her conciousness, she felt something prod her. Not pyhsically but mentally. Something was sifting through her memories. Dammit... At this rate, she wouldn't be able to warn Ane-Sama. Somoue fought with ever fiber of her being to not go into her memories but she found that she just didn't have the energy to keep it up. Somoue slipped from the real world...

FLASHBACK
I wanna chocolate. I wanna chocolate!' Somoue complained. Kurai slapped her head and whirled around on her.

"You want chocolate? Here." Kurai grabbed some mud and hit Somoue in the face. They both started laughing. Somoue ran up to Kurai and started to walk in her pace.

"Um, Ane-Sama. It's kind of boring... just the two of us... and I heard that there were really cute dolls in the Sound Village or the Village of the Sound or whatever you call it." Kurai rolled her eyes knowing that Somoue never remembered things the way they should be remembered.

"You want a doll?" Kurai asked. Somoue nodded. "You are one WEIRD child." Somoue grinned and so did Kurai.

END FLASHBACK

What was the point of that memory? It was the one before they met Sekomata... so what? It's not like they could change that memory right? And what would be the point? Somoue bit her lip. Or at least tried to. She had to tell Ane-Sama. But how? Then, the idea hit Somoue... She was connected to Sekomata so maybe, just maybe...

Kurai ran and stopped by a tree. She couldn't keep up this pace forever without exerting some chakra. She looked up and saw Sekomata running towards her. This was going to be fun...

"Kurai, I've been looking all over for you. How's Gaara doing? Never mind." Sekomata stopped at the look that crossed Kurai's face.

"How's Somoue doing?" Sekomata asked, more urgently. Kurai remembered what she had come to say and proceeded to speak.

"I think... I think Somoue's..."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Heh-heh. And there you have it. The end of this chapter. I'm still getting over the wall so it may not have been as good as quality as the other chapters. But never to fear! I am bringing notebooks with me so I'll be sure to write future chapters while I'm gone. Again, sorry for your wait. :nahnah:

Haku

<3
Awesome chapter, well thought out and put together great job xD.

Mika-Mika ^_^

Okay, sorry about the wait. I am currentely, admitting this without shame, eating my breakfast as I type this post! Hmmm... Oh, I have to tell you this though. My friends and I are making a cosplay movie. The filming is on firdays, saturdays, and sundays. I can't post on those days cause' I'll be out. I am sorry for this, I really am. Please put up with this. Thx Desu! Now, for the next chapter...

"I think... I think Somoue's..." Kurai looked around, as if for support to complete her sentence. Not that she found any. Sekomata looked at her expectantely, as if she had to finish. Kurai took in a deep breath and began to speak when all of a sudden, Sekomata's face froze. Not in fear, mind you, but in a kind of shsocking realization.

"Er, Sekomata?" Kurai began. Sekomata wasn't looking at her. Kurai shifted uncomfortably as she waited for the effect to pass. After a few minutes, Sekomata's face returned to normal and she managed to give Kurai a very weak grin.

"S-So what were you saying?" Here was the fearless assassin, Sekomata, whose name meant cat demon, stammering. Sekomata's cat ears drooped a bit in her effort to maintain a smile. Her blond hair clashed with her lavender eyes and for a minute, Sekomata's eyes clouded in doubt.

"Nothing. What just happened?" Kurai asked. Sekomata shook her head and continues to look at the sky.

"Well," Sekomata began very slowly. "Um, Somoue and I are connected, right?" Here, Sekomata paused and Kurai nodded. Sekomata plowed on. "Um, you see, while you were talking, Somoue sent me something. Her wherabouts." Kurai's eyes widened but Sekomata was not finished. She opened her mouth to continue and Kurai concentrated, more than anything, to hear the words.

Somoue wanted to clutch her head. But she also wanted to do a lot more. She wanted to break out of this mind prison and beat up all the Akatsuki members. But even for one such as herself, there would be no way for her to win. Somoue had recentely realized that the Akatsuki were scanning her memories. No big surprise. Somoue felt, with a jolt, another memory being activated...

"And I suppose you want us to take this stupid exam just to prove we are good shinobi? I don't think so." Kurai sniffed slightly and Somoue huffed.

"Come ON Ane-Sama. We got the competition in the bag! " Somue proceeded further. "And I'm gonna get in the bag with it! And only one of us is going to debag... alive." This earned Somoue a look of disgust and confusement from Kurai herself.

"You know, I wonder about your sanity sometimes. No, not sometimes, ALL the time." Kurai rolled her eyes and headed over to the sign-up. Somoue jumped up and down.

"YAH! I KNEW you would! Chocolate-Covered-Strawberry-Muffins!!!!!" Somoue shouted at the top of her lungs. Kurai edged away.

"I don't know you." Kurai looked away. Somoue scowled but then broke out laughing...

They were near it. That one memory. She of course, had plenty of memories before that one. But Somoue was worried. She couldn't keep on putting up defences forever. Eventually, she would run out of memories and they would find it. The one memory that would change everything...

"Somoue... she's defending that memory." Sekomata looked Kurai in the eye as she said this. Kurai bit her lip. Not that memory. Not that one...

"I... I don't think she can hold out for much longer. She told me she could, at the most, hold out for three days or so. We need to get there fast." Sekomata said with a hint of reproach in her voice. Kurai, forgetting self-control, lashed out at Sekomata.

"So you're saying this is MY fault?! You're saying that it's MY fault that she's in this situation?!" Kurai yelled, too angry to say much else.

"You remember what happened that say. And if it hadn't been for you, Somoue wouldn't have that weakness." Sekomata stated plainly. Kurai looked around, her vision starting to blur because of her tears. She couldn't help it... The memory was starting to show itsel and Kurai couldn't help but remmeber the start of that day and the birth of Somoue's downfall...

Heh-heh. Cliff Hanger Part Two! Please, don't kill me. I have protection. Okay, I'll update tomorrow! So, again, thank you for waiting and thank you for reading. *Mika grabs pen and begans to write another story* I might start another fanfiction soon... I'll let you know if you want to read it... :nahnah:

Haku

<3
Awesome chapter, I don't mind that it has a cliffhanger at all it just makes me want to read more and more, good job xD.

Mika-Mika ^_^

*total shock* There were two spelling errors! NOOOOOOOOO! (grammatical freak) Ah, okay. Why I stayed up to watch the 5th Harry Potter Movie last night, I don't know. Ugh... Got home so late... Well, here's the next chapter!!

PART ONE

Kurai had been relaxing out on a tree limb. It was times like these that she felt like Inuyasha. Who Somoue, who had appeared at that very moment, found very important to talk about.

"And Inuyasha swings his tetsaiga and BAM!! He hits everything and BAM!! With windscar and BAM!! And then he drops the sword and BAM!! And then, he uses "Iraon-Reaver-Soul-Stealer" and BAM!!" Somoue was talking at a fast rate but all Kurai heard was BAM!! Little annoying brat.

"Listen, could you shut up about Inuyasha?" Kurai said, getting slightely aggitated.

"Okay. So, Light has a Death Note and BA--" Kurai punched Somoue in the stomach who then promptly fell from the tree. Somoue caught a branch and scaled back up.

"That was... pleasant," Somoue said while dusting off her pants. Somoue;s eyes widened as she looked at her clothes. "AIEEE! Ane-Sama, you got my Talim clothes dirty! Now I have to wear her green and white outfit! Nah, I'll just go as Sueng Mina." Kurai eye twitched.

"Please don't. You're liable to make me eye twitch." Kurai said with a hint of, what's the phrase, 'Do that and I will strangle you'?

"Hmph! Well, I can. I'll just be forced to go around looking like what I'm supposed to look like." Somoue uttered a few words and then, before Kurai, was the real, fourteen year old version of Somoue. She grinned in her Mina clothes and Kurai couldn't help it. She didn't like her that much but she had to admit Somoue had style. (taken from Harry Potter, Book 5, the syle phrase)

"Anyway, we better head down," Kurai said. "We're gonna be late for the last part of the exams."

"What IS the last part?" Somoue asked while looking rapidly over her shoulder.

"That's something for later, never you mind." Kurai scowled.

Ah, alright. I'm really sorry. But I have to get off now. God help me, Harry Potter Marathons followed by Pirates?! I won't survive this... Darnit sister... you'll turn me into a fangirl... But tomorrow, I will have the second part (more like the next two-thirds) and the chapter after that for you, okay? Sorry for this again!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back