• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Fanfiction ► Seeking Answers, Hidden Truth

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Haku

<3
Great chapter even though it was much shorter than the others I still liked it xD.

Mika-Mika ^_^

I live in some sort of box, trapped in there with
Arg! Noooo, stupid pirate film messing up my speech! Enduring my sister quoting was... hell. "I'm Jack Sparrow" and "My scar..." and all other things that made me want to punch her. Okay, well, enough about movie marathon and more about the next part of the chapter. Come on, stuff that short wouldn't even qualify as a chapter. Here's the next part.

"You tell me jack all the time! Waaaaaaaah, Ane-Sama, you big meanie!" Somoue was wailing at the top of her lungs and just when Kurai thought she was going to die, something made the whole situation worse. Well, not something, someone. Flustered, Kurai pretended to not notice Somoue's wailing.

"Er, hello, er, Sasuke. Where's Bitch#1?" Kurai said with a quick look around.

"Ditched her. She was starting to go into glomp mode and then Ino showed up... so it seemed the appropriate decision to run for my life." Sasuke finished with a perfectly straight face.

"Uh, yeah." Kurai felt her cheeks slightly warm up. As if called on by que, Somoue stopped wailing and came up from behind Kurai.

"Ane-Sama lurves Emo-Kun! Ane-Sama lurves Emo-Kun! La-li-la-li-la-li-la-li Ane-Smam lurves Emo-Kun!" Somoue was singing this now at the top of her lungs. Kurai, however embarassed she had been, now had been replaced by a vicious anger. She aimed a punch at Somoue who dodged it. Kurai breathed out and glared at Somoue who was taunting her from above.

"Who's Emo-Kun? And what does 'lurve' mean?" Sasuke looked at her questioningly. Kurai froze and thought of the quickest answer.

"Well, look at the time. Somoue and I must be off for the exam. See ya!" Kurai dashed off and dragged Somoue with her. They arrived at the exam location not a moment too soon. Kurai looked at Somoue and realized that Somoue was trying to tell her that they had to go. Kurai's remaining anger vanished. She reached out and grabbed a scroll.

"Hm. Looks like we have to find five seals at different locations. Then, we pull them off and take them with us? Oh, they can't be destroyed. And if they are, they reappear where they came from. Well, that sounds like fun!" Kurai finished with little enthusiam. Somoue, on the other hand, was bouncing up and down and up and down. For joy, Kurai thought.

"Sounds super-duper-extra-foliation-metomorphis-collio!" Somoue said. Kurai had a feeling she threw in the science terms to make it sound cool. Well, quite the opposite.

"Come on. We gotta get going. You saw, the other groups just went inside." Kurai dashed inside there first location with Somoue following her. At some point, Somoue was no where to be found. Kurai looked this way and that but was unable to see her. Kurai shrugged mentally. Somoue would be alright. She had bigger things to worry about. Some time after that, Somoue tapped her shoulder. She pointed to a huge boulder. Kurai felt relief and spoke her answer.

"Are you sure that's it?" Kurai whispered.

"Positive. It's the only thing that stands out in this forest." Somoue said.

"Are you sure that they don't want you to go there for diver--" Kurai never finished her sentence. Somoue clamped her hand over her mouth and pointed towards the clearing. Ino, Choji, and Shikamaru were all coming towards it.

"Oh look, an extra cool seal for an extra cool me!" Ino said. Shikamaru rolled his eyes and Choji muttered something like, 'Bitch#2'.

"Let's not stand here, yeah? We better go get it." Shikamaru took a couple of steps foward. As his hand was reaching out towards the boulder, a rather malicious grin crossed Somoue's face. Suddenly, it hit Kurai where Somoue had gone. Kurai watched as Shikamaru's hand lay on the boulder.

"Shadow Clone no jutsu!" Kurai heard Somuoe mutter. Instantly, too many Somoue's surrounded the trio by the boulder. Somoue put down three fingers and the fight began. Okay, what fight? It was more like a blur for Kurai. When the mist cleared, the only thing she saw was the seal, intact, and an unconcious trio. The shadow clones were gone.

"Come on! That was easy though... A little disappointing." Somoue skipped all the way to the boulder and removed the seal. She then put it in a protective barrier and skipped back. Okay, danced back. Kurai slapped herself on the forehead and thoroughly wished that she did not know her.

"Are you done?" Kurai asked. Somoue nodded and opened her mouth to speak. "No, don't say anything." Kurai cut her off. Somoue looked dejected but closed her mouth.

"The next location is on top of that mountain. We need to stay alert now that we have a seal." Kurai said to Somoue in what she hoped was a stern tone. Somoue nodded and the two of them headed for the next location... It was going to happen soon, Kurai thought... That one thing...

And there you have it, the next part/chapter. Okay, I'm just going to go eat breakfast and you can have fun reading it. *heads off to cereal* I hope you enjoyed it!

Haku

<3
Very nice chapter, great and entertaining at the same time xD.

Mika-Mika ^_^

Er, I'm sorry for not updating today. I was currently writing another fanficiton and editing my signiture... you know, making it Mika-Mika! For the time being, if you want, go read my other fanfiction! It's called "Hidden Being" It made for a pretty good manga so I hope it can make a equally good novel. Thank you again!

Although, Mika's siggy has the link to it... I wonder how that happened... *shock* :eek:hmy:

Mika-Mika ^_^

Whatever you do, DO NOT KILL ME!! My rentals, worried for my well being, told me I spend way too much time on the computer. Okay, okay, so maybe seven hours a day was pushing it. But I was terribly bored and I have nothing else to do at home. I'll see about updating later but I dunno if I can. Currently, the cosplay movie is interferring with writing as well as my rentals... *sad innocent look* But, I'll update.... I hope... oh crap, here's the sister. *starts getting dragged away from the screen by her sister to go watch more movies, Mika-Dammit, I don't wanna go!*

Haku

<3
I completely understand as well after all everyone does have a life.

Mika-Mika ^_^

*sparkling eyes* You guys are the best! Er, right. So, Mika has a suspicion that she won't be updating for a while. So, here's the first of a few chapters for you to read. I think I can finish the story... soon... so, major Mika writing go to work! *grabs a pencil* (But, um, you're on the computer... - Innocent Bystander Oh yeah... - Mika)

Kurai watched as Somoue eagerly scaled the mountain for the next seal. Okay, that and the fact that Somoue was making it her business to sing at the top of her lungs. After several arguements, temper tantrums, and way too much quoting, Somoue had shut up. Kurai sighed and scanned the area again. Weird... There was a total lack of enemies. Too suspicious...

"Hey, brat." Kurai called in front of her. Somoue turned in time to glare at her. "Why aren't there any enemies? Did you do something you're not telling me about? Again?" Kurai questioned. Somoue shook her head.

"And what would I have to hide from Ane-Sama?" Somoue asked. Kurai rolled her eyes. Never mind. Somoue was giving her attitude? Fine. She could do just the same. Several minutes passed in silence. Kurai was just about to give up searching for the damn seal when Somoue's voice rang out.

"HEY! HEY! It's Emo-Kun! And it looks like he has OUR seal! And my chocolate-covered-strawberry-muffins!" Somoue huffed out. Again, Kurai rolled her eyes but felt the familar warmth come whenever she saw Sasuke. Kurai came to a stop.

"Looks like we're gonna have to battle this Emo guy! Get ready Ane-Sama!" Somoue said loudly. Sasuke grinned and shook his head.

"I'm not here for a fight. You can have the seal actually. I was wondering if I might be able to talk to Kurai. Alone?" Kurai felt her cheeks warm but just like before, Somoue interuppted the moment.

"We don't trust--" Kurai clamped her hand over Somoue's mouth.

"Sure, I'll talk to you." Kurai nodded. "Somoue, get the seal and put protection around it." Kurai said as she hurried off after Sasuke. Somoue grumbled but nodded towards her. Yes. Finally, Somoue-free bliss. Sasuke took her to a forest type area.

"So, what's up?" Kurai asked tentivily. Her eyes regarded Sasuke with suspicion. Even though she was glad he gave them the seal, he had to be up to something. Kurai's body tensed as she thought about what kind of traps Sasuke could have waiting.

"Nothing much. It's just, I wouldn't trust that Somoue girl if I were you." Kurai stopped breathing for a second. Um, sure, Somoue was annoying as hell sometimes but she always had good intentions...

"What do you mean?" Kurai asked hesitantly. Sasuke must've noticed this because his voice came out a bit softer.

"You don't know yet? She hasn't told you? She hasn't ever showed you her true powers?" Sasuke looked into Kurai's eyes. What was he talking about?

"What are you--" Kurai was cut off by the appearance of Somoue.

"And I finished Ane-Sama. I beat random ninja's in DDR on the way here but nothing to fear! I kicked all their butts!" Somoue chimed. Kurai looked at her a bit and then back to Sasuke. Then back to Somoue again.

"Hey, Somoue. Er, is there some ability you're not telling me about?" Kurai asked slowly. Kurai saw Somoue tense.

"W-What are you talking about?" Somoue asked. Had Somoue just... stammered?! Okay, something was up.

"Um, you know. Some kind of jutsu, I dunno, that you haven't shown me? Like something you've kept hidden?" Kurai added. Somoue's eyes darted to Sasuke nervously and then back to Kurai.

"N-Nothing. I'm not hiding anything f-from you! Er, I couldn't anyways!" Somoue finished rather blankly.

"Somoue, if there's something you're not telling me about, it's--" But Kurai saw it. She had gone too far. Somoue's smile had faded and was replaced by a pained look. Sure, Somoue had been angry but never like this...

"It's just like you." Somoue's voice was coming out in a sort of hiss. Kurai was confused.

"What? It's just like me what?" Kurai shifted her gaze to Sasuke, who had yet to say something, and back to Somoue.

"You ALWAYS choose him over me. I've known you longer but when it comes to it, you'll trust him over me. It's so annoying, having to live up to YOUR standards. You could never understand. You, who has everything going for her, you, who hasn't suffered like me." Somoue's mouth was saying some pretty cruel things. Kurai's eyes widened but she remained speechless.

"Ane-Sama, you big jerk! You just have to probe at me every step of the way! You always doubt me! You sneaky little bitch!" Okay... That was new. Somoue NEVER cursed. She'd use stupid words to make up for it but she never said the real thing.

"I hate you Ane-Sama. I HATE YOU!" With that, Somoue turned and ran off. Kurai, still shocked, could do nothing to stop her. As Somoue ran away, Kurai heard her sob and saw tears streaming down her face. She was hurt.

"Somo--" Kurai stopped her yell. Somoue was too far away. Too out of reach. Too pained to come back. When the shock subsided, Kurai wheeled around. Kurai was going to give Sasuke a-- Wha? Where... was he?

"Damn!" Kurai said to thin air. He must've gotten away when I was arguing with Somoue. Why had she said that to Somoue. No, this wasn't her fault. It was Sasuke's. He made her ask. He made her doubt. So, it wasn't her fault. But somewhere in Kurai's mind, she heard a small voice say, "You know the truth."

Mika-Mika ^_^

The second of the two chapter update. And um, I just reread the whole fanfic. How many spelling errors did I make?! It's horrible... Ah well, ON WITH THE STORY!!

Kurai's eyes clouded a bit but she managed to look back down at Sekomata. No, it wasn't her fault. It was all SASUKE'S fault. She hadn't done anything. She had only asked two simple questions. She had never doubted Somoue for a second. Sasuke made her ask. It was Sasuke's fault.

"I... It wasn't my fault. Sasuke--" Kurai got punched by Sekomata. That was one more painful bruise she really needed.

"STOP BLAMING SASUKE! You know what happened, Ane-Sama. You made Somoue unleash that ability. It weakened her! You knew all along! You knew that ability would make it such that Somoue wouldn't be able to fight well for a week. YOU KNEW!" Sekomata was yelling at the top of her lungs. Kurai wiped the blood from the corner of her mouth and shot back at Sekomata.

"I DIDN'T know you stupid cat girl! I had no idea!" Kurai, by now, had raised the pitch of her voice to match that of Sekomata's.

"Just accept the facts already! It's your fault all this happened." Sekomata began on a lower level/

"No." Kurai said feebly.

"It's your fault Somoue got kidnapped." Sekomata trailed on.

"Shut up." Kurai said just a bit louder than her normal tone.

"And it's all your fault--" Kurai cut her off.

"You better be quiet." Kurai said, nearly yelling herself. Sekomata ignored the threat and finished her statement.

"And it's all your fault she's going to die!" Sekomata finished with a torn expression.

"SHUT UP! SHUT THE BLOODY HELL UP!" Kurai yelled at her. Sekomata scowled but took no sympathy. She continued onwards as if Kurai hadn't just grabbed her weapon and as if Kurai hadn't just yelled.

"Face the truth already! You know it! You're the so-called prophecy! So live up to your title! Admit it. It's your fault that Somoue--" Sekomata's fists tightened as Kurai plowed over her.

"I DON'T GIVE A DAMN ANYMORE! JUST SHUT UP AND LEAVE ME ALONE!" Kurai stormed off leaving Sekomata to fume by herself. Jeez. Why did her mouth always curse when she was angry? Kuraicrossed her arms tightly. It didn't matter what Sekomata said. It didn't to Kurai. She was just some stupid, half wit, cat-girl.

It didn't matter. Not in the least...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Somoue was dimly aware of the fact that they had hit that memory. Somoue felt terrible, gorggy, and really, reallt ticked off. What had she done to the Akatsuki members? Okay, maybe she got carried away with Kisame and his fish mom... And Deidara's cousin being a camera... But still! They had no right to treat her this way!

"We have it." Somoue stopped her mind rant and listened. "We finally know. So... little Somoue here had THAT kind of potential? One would never know by looks alone..." Here, the voice was greeted by several laughs. Somoue glared in her mind. Okay, so now they knew. What were they going to-- That's when it hit Somoue.

"Somoue will make an excellent Akatsuki member..." Okay, not in her life. Somoue felt the barrier's around her weaken adn she took the chance.

"Pokemon!" (record stop, "No way! Stay serious! YOU ARE NOT DRAGGING POKEMON INTO THIS! DO THE REAL NARRATION!" *cough* "Fine, whatever!) Okay, what really happened was...

"Never!" Somoue yelled. Her scream echoed off the walls and filled Somue's ears. She broke free of her hold and grabbed her sword.

"Gaara... Ane-Sama... Sekomata... I know what I have to do!"

Cliffhanger! Partially because I wanna go watch those Soul Calibur endings while I can. (Um kilik, how dense are you when it comes to romance! Xianghua is like, hitting on you and all you care about is fighting! Jeez.) Right, so hope you enjoyed the chappies! :nahnah:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back