• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

secular countries

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryu

an obscene gesture
My country is being flushed down the toilet right now, and the government is the cause. The current parties, mostly catholic and protestant, are pushiong through ridiculous laws. They prohibite thing after thing and there is no stopping them. Apart from smoking bans (understandable) they want to ban anything "evil". Shops can't open up on sunday, even if most of the people think it's convenient. They want to ban adult and violent videogames, just because kids buy them. A cartoonist was arrested in his house for mocking religion. A politician has been sued for criticising islam. Christian parties don't accept opposing views and propositions, the atheist bus campaign is goin to run here but some parties object. Billboards with religious texts are allowed but a bit of oppposition is not. They even go as far as asking bus drivers that object to the atheist texts, while no bus driver ever has been asked if they object religious texts.

A long rant indeed and you may say i'm biased. A once tolerant and secular country that is being turned into a hell within a few years. You can tell me to leave to another country, but that brings along enough hassle of it's own. I just wonder how someone can justify legislation over a group determined by a book or spirit, if not the whole group ever "met" that spirit or doesn't value that book.

Oh boo fucking hoo, Wilders is sued because the Netherlands is built on tolerance, and he was everything but tolerant towards people with different beliefs. Move to America or Australia if you want to see ban after ban on video games, or religious intolerance.

Flushed down the toilet my ass, while I agree we've become a bit more pro-active than we used to (things like smoking, soft drugs and prostitution have become more government regulated so to speak), the Netherlands is still one of the most tolerant countries in the world and an example to many other nations in the world.

very differentiable
Awards
I agree that wilders is not consistent with taking all religions, he's pretty supprotive of the jewish community. A politician who is chosen by the people is being sued however. He has an opinion and that's why he has gone into politics. And nekschot, for those not dutch he is the cartoonist i've mentioned, was arrested for his opinion on religion. If we can't at least mock and criticise religion, where is our freedom. I don't know if you remember but our MP said people without religion can't function. There still is supposed to be a seperation of church and state, the MP likes to ignore that fact.

What do you vote ryu? I'm going to vote blank purely out of protest of how parties lie to get votes.

A

Azrael

And to think Europe was secular already?

Guess we were wrong? You're just as fundamentalist as us. Southerners

nelly <3

wayfarer~
Website
www.facebook.com
Well Utah isn't actually a Theocracy. Everything was closed on sunday because there was no one there to run the place (what with being Mormon.)

And yes most Mormons are judgmental but not much more than other religions.

Also. Joseph. John Smith was the Pocahontas guy.
oh. w/e.

well my point was, utah sucks: don't go there.

as of the netherlands. i agree with ryu.

very differentiable
Awards
Maybe it's a way to show none of the parties are doing what they tell the people and the parties that do want to go on with their plans are mostly one-issue parties. If i would be uninvolved i would just not vote, blank voting is a way of protest. Politics has become a dirty game over the years, i don't want to contribute to that system.

Angel

number one fan of teresa giudice
People who vote for Republicans are called Republicans XD.

In my neighboorhood, I doubt there are any "real" Republicans.

Just a bunch of goddamn Christians who, in reality, could give less of a shit about the election.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back