• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

secular countries

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

very differentiable
Awards
My country is being flushed down the toilet right now, and the government is the cause. The current parties, mostly catholic and protestant, are pushiong through ridiculous laws. They prohibite thing after thing and there is no stopping them. Apart from smoking bans (understandable) they want to ban anything "evil". Shops can't open up on sunday, even if most of the people think it's convenient. They want to ban adult and violent videogames, just because kids buy them. A cartoonist was arrested in his house for mocking religion. A politician has been sued for criticising islam. Christian parties don't accept opposing views and propositions, the atheist bus campaign is goin to run here but some parties object. Billboards with religious texts are allowed but a bit of oppposition is not. They even go as far as asking bus drivers that object to the atheist texts, while no bus driver ever has been asked if they object religious texts.

A long rant indeed and you may say i'm biased. A once tolerant and secular country that is being turned into a hell within a few years. You can tell me to leave to another country, but that brings along enough hassle of it's own. I just wonder how someone can justify legislation over a group determined by a book or spirit, if not the whole group ever "met" that spirit or doesn't value that book.

very differentiable
Awards
No, i'm not planning to, too much trouble to do so. I just hope next election people vote different, i'm sure i will, but that's not until two years.

very differentiable
Awards
At least they can't touch education, so i can be relieved at university.

Reneeski

Education. Ick.

My long-term sub in health was talking to us about how some insurance companies won't cover weather damage because it is "God's doing"

Pissed. Me. Off.

very differentiable
Awards
If it ever comes to prohibiting criticism on religion, i'm going all out and fight back. I also like the bus campaign, it makes the religious parties crap their pants.

K

Kegluneq

Pat Condell talks about stuff like this. That's what drew me here. I don't think religion has any place in a persons professional life.

very differentiable
Awards
Keep your views behind the front door, unless people ask about them. Religious organisations are privilidged too here, while they are, in essence, a club.

nelly <3

wayfarer~
Website
www.facebook.com

A long rant indeed and you may say i'm biased. A once tolerant and secular country that is being turned into a hell within a few years. You can tell me to leave to another country, but that brings along enough hassle of it's own. I just wonder how someone can justify legislation over a group determined by a book or spirit, if not the whole group ever "met" that spirit or doesn't value that book.

Utah: Mormons.

Holland is not the only one.

I think for the time that I was there, I couldn't stand it.

Everything is closed on sundays.
You have to go by what mormons say, (atleast in the area i was at).

And if your not Mormon, they apparantly dog you out. Which im not. And it really really sucked for me, cause it was hard to make friends.

wtf. i was 12 at the time. and those memories are still with me.

Now everytime I go to Utah for a vacation, I tell people nothing about my religion no matter how many times they ask, i usually say, "long live john smith." even though i know nothing about him.

:D!

Thor.

Do Our Best
Awards
Education. Ick.

My long-term sub in health was talking to us about how some insurance companies won't cover weather damage because it is "God's doing"

Pissed. Me. Off.

Act of God. Yeah, it's a real insurance thing.

Utah: Mormons.

Holland is not the only one.

I think for the time that I was there, I couldn't stand it.

Everything is closed on sundays.
You have to go by what mormons say, (atleast in the area i was at).

And if your not Mormon, they apparantly dog you out. Which im not. And it really really sucked for me, cause it was hard to make friends.

wtf. i was 12 at the time. and those memories are still with me.

Now everytime I go to Utah for a vacation, I tell people nothing about my religion no matter how many times they ask, i usually say, "long live john smith." even though i know nothing about him.

Well Utah isn't actually a Theocracy. Everything was closed on sunday because there was no one there to run the place (what with being Mormon.)

And yes most Mormons are judgmental but not much more than other religions.

Also. Joseph. John Smith was the Pocahontas guy.

Angel

number one fan of teresa giudice
I see this happen a lot in my area/family.

ie: people who vote for the Republicans (no matter how shitty the candidates are) only because "lol they don't like abortion or gay people"

very differentiable
Awards
At least abortion and euthanasia is allowed here, although it won't take long for the government to prohibit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back