• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

"Secret Episode" will focus on Apprentice Xehanort

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

HeartSeams

is back?
Awards
This is a theory.

I feel like making a claim on it. In the "Secret Episode" you control the character through an actual map. Nomura has said the following about the Secret Episode:

NOMURA: In the ‘Secret Episode’, you’ll be able to virtually move as the character. I think it’ll be a pleasant differance rather than just watching the scene.

NOMURA: Since the new ‘Secret Episode’ is being included, those fans who pay close attention to the mysteries of the story will want to play it by all means.

Typical hype-machine right? Well, consider this, at the beginning of this interview, Nomura makes this somewhat supsicious claim:

NOMURA: The events written in the Ansem Reports took place between Birth by Sleep and Kingdom Hearts.

Why bring this up if it didn't relate to the interview at hand? It's my theory (which probably isn't original, but, whatever) that the Secret Episode will detail Apprentice Xehanort's time with Ansem. Nomura has said this in the past about the potential of a game focusing on the time between BBS and KH1:

—You can’t tell us you’re not going to make the story between “Birth By Sleep” and “KHI” in some form!
NOMURA:
I think you can more or less predict what happens in between ‘Birth by Sleep’ and ‘KHI’ now. However, this time you could probably imagine what would happen to Terra in the end, but I think when you personally experience it in the game, it can still make you feel something. Even when you know about something, I think there’s significance in depicting it, so that may also be made clear at some point.

The Secret Episode focusing on this time would accomplish several things:
1 - It would explore an area of the series timeline that fans are heavily interested in (as Nomura mentioned above, fans who care about the story's mysteries wouldn't want to miss the Secret Episode)
2 - It would depict this moment in history, which Nomura thinks there is significance in.
3 - Nomura said it might be made clear at some point, this would be that point.
4 - It would do all three of these things without the need of making an entirely new game for it

Ergo, I'm convinced the Secret Episode will be about this moment in time, and anything less will severely disappoint me.

Thoughts on the Secret Episode yourself?

(interview translation by HeartStation)

Multifridgeman

Wow, this is awesome.
That means that every hole in the timeline has been filled. We will know what happens from Birth by Sleep, all the way to Coded.

PowerOverNothing

Hanging with Xiggy and Roxy on the clock tower~
Website
terrafan4242.deviantart.com
I really like what you've got going here, HeartSeams! Actually, I very much love the whole idea. It would be very interesting and awesome to see at least see something about Xehanort's time as an apprentice and his descend into the evil man we knew screwed up everything. And in doing so, perhaps it would finally close up a few more secrets that have yet to be shown about the guys. Like how they really managed to lose their hearts, HOW they did it, what exactly happened that lead them to the whole thing, and so on and so forth. I think it would be a fantastic idea for Nomura to do!

And even if he doesn't do all of that, at least we'd get more inside information about them, and more Apprentice!Xehanort, Young!Ienzo, and Dragon!Braig would just seal the deal for me. So yes, I'm with your idea all the way. With what you said, it just makes sense. Let's hope something like this happens, eh? I would probably just die from the overload of AWESOMENESS. 8D

Wonderful idea. I approve.

loke13

Waiting on FF XV and KH3 :D
Ergo, I'm convinced the Secret Episode will be about this moment in time, and anything less will severely disappoint me.
(Jafar voice) Setting our sights a little high aren't you?

Radon

mofo
As soon as he mentioned the whole Heavy Rain style, rather than a cutscene I immediately thought Ansems Castle. Excitment plus +1.

PowerOverNothing

Website
As soon as he mentioned the whole Heavy Rain style, rather than a cutscene I immediately thought Ansems Castle. Excitment plus +1.

O_______O Wait. Heavy Rain style? Wait...when did Nomura say that?! Oh dang, I missed that somewhere, I think. I ADORED Heavy Rain's style of cut scenes and interaction! Just thinking of the Final episode being like that would be INCREDIBLE! Wow...my excitement has just went up TEN times what it had been reading this. Afdgdfghdfh. <33333333

Radon

mofo
O_______O Wait. Heavy Rain style? Wait...when did Nomura say that?! Oh dang, I missed that somewhere, I think. I ADORED Heavy Rain's style of cut scenes and interaction! Just thinking of the Final episode being like that would be INCREDIBLE! Wow...my excitement has just went up TEN times what it had been reading this. Afdgdfghdfh. <33333333

By Heavy Rain style I was referencing this:

In the ‘Secret Episode’, you’ll be able to virtually move as the character. I think it’ll be a pleasant differance rather than just watching the scene.

Sounds a bit like a scene from Heavy Rain to me.

PowerOverNothing

Website
By Heavy Rain style I was referencing this:

Sounds a bit like a scene from Heavy Rain to me.

Ah. So I see. Well, because I know very little of Heavy Rain, (Heck. I know so little of a lot of stuff I've been talking about tonight. I'm fail that way.), I'll just take your word for it. :) It does seem as though it would be AWESOME to see it play out that way. And who knows? It could end up that way! :D You never know! Thanks for explaining it to me though. :D

Goldpanner

KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I hope this is the case!

But for some reason, I interpreted it as like... the secret ending of BBS except playable. I need to keep up to date with this stuff 8D;

Ikkin

Bronze Member
I hope this is the case!

But for some reason, I interpreted it as like... the secret ending of BBS except playable. I need to keep up to date with this stuff 8D;

It sounds like that to me, too, mainly because of the question Nomura was responding to when he said the character would be playable:

This Secret Episode, will it be different than the Secret Movies shown so far?

Nomura: In the Secret Episode, you’ll be able to virtually move as the character. I think it’ll be a different surprise fans can savor compared to just watching a movie.

Which makes it sound like the difference between the two is being able to move as opposed to just watching.

It could still be Apprentice Xehanort-based, of course, because that was in the secret movie. I'm just not entirely sure what he'd be doing that would need to be playable. =/ (It's not like he has any obvious enemies to fight, unlike Aqua)

Silverslide

need some more candy cane
I doubt there would be much to do. Like seriously, what would the actual gameplay be?

He wasn't a warrior, he was a scientist, and I don't think walking around as a scholar is very exciting gameplay wise. It seems more likely to me that it will be Mickey meeting Aqua in RoD.

Relix

A traveler
Awards
I was thinking this too ever since they said we'd be able to play with the "character". I hope this is correct.

Radar

Bronze Member
I was thinking you would play as Aqua in the RoD (defeating heartless and shit) and end up meeting Mickey. I don't know exactly WHEN it would take place though.

Or it could be Heartseams theory idk.

YoshiAngemon

It might be confusing in ways. One instance could mean it's merely Young Xehanort during his days training with Eraqus and Yen Sid. Another could be Xehanort, Apprentice to Ansem the Wise, where you would play as him, and actually CREATE the Heartless!

Awards
I definitely want that to happen, but I wonder what the point would be in having it interactive, assuming you play as Apprentice Xehanort.
Still, if it really happens, I'd hope that it would end with the birth of Ansem SoD/Xemnas.

Radar

Bronze Member
Maybe its both. Maybe after you play with Aqua in the RoD, you get to see some cutscenes of apprentice xehanort, and him experimenting on people's hearts and then creating his own heartless/nobody. That would be a fitting ending the the "secret episode"

Or for all we know, maybe Apprentice Xehanort did something that none of us knows about. Like a secret or something that connects to KH3, and maybe it will be revealed.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
wat about the time between vanitas birth and the master exams
ive been windering what was happening then i hope we could play as vaniotas that be awesome

Pratiko

Awards
Maybe its both. Maybe after you play with Aqua in the RoD, you get to see some cutscenes of apprentice xehanort, and him experimenting on people's hearts and then creating his own heartless/nobody. That would be a fitting ending the the "secret episode"

Or for all we know, maybe Apprentice Xehanort did something that none of us knows about. Like a secret or something that connects to KH3, and maybe it will be revealed.
Perharps expand on Yen Sid's thought that he may be not alone?

CreativeGenius13

It sounds like that to me, too, mainly because of the question Nomura was responding to when he said the character would be playable:

This Secret Episode, will it be different than the Secret Movies shown so far?

Nomura: In the Secret Episode, you’ll be able to virtually move as the character. I think it’ll be a different surprise fans can savor compared to just watching a movie.

Which makes it sound like the difference between the two is being able to move as opposed to just watching.

It could still be Apprentice Xehanort-based, of course, because that was in the secret movie. I'm just not entirely sure what he'd be doing that would need to be playable. =/ (It's not like he has any obvious enemies to fight, unlike Aqua)

So? I'd love to walk through Radiant Garden without being attacked byt Heartless, Nobodies, and Unversed for once. Also, a game doesn't have to be oriented around battles, Parts of the origional Kingdom Hearts were puzzle based (Finding the peices of the Heartless Emblem in the Hollow Bastin Entry Hall and finding the books in the Hollow Bastin Library,)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back