• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Secret Endings - Worth It?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

PkmnTrainerJ

Awards
Website
www.twitter.com
After having finally got 20 trophies and unlocking "Signs Of What's Next" I felt slightly cheated after all the work I'd put in to unlock it for how short it was, so was wondering what the rest of you felt about unlocking secret endings?

I think it was worth it in KH2, as it was just playing on Proud and it was a lengthy video that was unlocked.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
man did you watch
didnt ou get the feeling from it that
[video=youtube;4ynCYkJc10I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ynCYkJc10I[/video]
1:50
and you feel that things just got serious

Fractured_Heart628

Bronze Member
After having finally got 20 trophies and unlocking "Signs Of What's Next" I felt slightly cheated after all the work I'd put in to unlock it for how short it was, so was wondering what the rest of you felt about unlocking secret endings?

I think it was worth it in KH2, as it was just playing on Proud and it was a lengthy video that was unlocked.

I don't think that the secret ending in ReCoded is worth it just for twenty trophies. Why can't it be you just play on Proud and get the secret ending?

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards
I don't think that the secret ending in ReCoded is worth it just for twenty trophies. Why can't it be you just play on Proud and get the secret ending?

well man it is what it is and we cant do anything about it
besides you got it didnt you

Neko

Keep Holding On
Awards
I haven't finished Re:Coded but I watched the secret ending on Youtube anyways. I liked the secret ending, but I don't know if it would be worth playing to get the trophies. I thought the other secret endings were very much worth getting. Especially the BBS secret ending.

Fractured_Heart628

Bronze Member
well man it is what it is and we cant do anything about it
besides you got it didnt you
Yeah, but I am still going to get the Secret Ending, because I want the feeling of accomplish that you get when you complete the game and get the Secret Ending.

Jelai

Website
space-paranoids.tumblr.com
meh it seems these days that anyone can just hit up YouTube and watch the secret ending on HD there, rendering the point of unlocking secret endings as pointless. I do agree, however, that the BBS secret ending was very well worth it. I think it's also the only one where you actually play through the secret ending !!

Klom89

Website
www.fanfiction.net
meh it seems these days that anyone can just hit up YouTube and watch the secret ending on HD there, rendering the point of unlocking secret endings as pointless. I do agree, however, that the BBS secret ending was very well worth it. I think it's also the only one where you actually play through the secret ending !!

Only for International Gamers. Us North American Gamers are forced to use Youtube to watch somebody else play it...Either that, or E-Bay. >_>

My complaint lies with the endings themselves. You do all of these things to unlock endings....That are less than a minute long, so vague you can't get anything out of them, and barely alude to anything truly new. (OMG: Xehanort's reviving? I'm sure the moment people found out that when you kill a Heartless before a Nobody that the whole being comes back to life, EVERYBODY saw that coming. >_>)

If the Secret Endings were all within BBS standards, then that would make getting 20 Trophies or Finding all Treasure, or any cockamamey requirements like thosee semi-tolerable.

Relentless_Roxas

Ya you have a point. It's kinda like the same as with old [and I mean old] games where it used to be that if you wanted to see the secret ending to a game, you actually had to beat it or like me cheated and used a Game Genie. Man I used to carry that thing around with me like a wallet. Cause you never know when someone wanted to talk about double dragon's [see wiki for those of you younger than 21] final boss level and they couldnt beat it because it was so @#$!ing hard! But going back to your point, it almost seems like due to this tech age, beating a game with high honors so to speak is outdated and rarely seen. The secret ending for BBS, in my opionin, is by far the hardest to get only because I do not spend time leveling up and just go through a straighforward game run.

axel95

Awards
BBS and KH2's secret endings were well worth it. While re:coded's ending is good, i don't think it is worth unlocking 20 trophies to get though. But as somebody above me said, it is what it is and we can't do anything about it.

State

Awards
All in all, the best secret ending was KH2FM's. It had that atmosphere of enigma around it.

metrifyx

You could always just look it up on YouTube if you don't want to put the effort in. Secret Endings—as well as trophies, stickers, game modes, cheat tuners, etc.—are bonuses that add to the game and give you incentive to play the game again, which gives it more bang for its buck, as well as giving you something to mull over as you wait for the next game. I've always thought that we've been lucky to have them.

Even though Re:coded's ending was short, it did have two crucial bits of information: The Mark of Mastery, and the bit about Xehanort "not being alone" or whatever. Was I the only one who was mildly surprised by those?

All in all, the best secret ending was KH2FM's. It had that atmosphere of enigma around it.

Agreed. Not only that, but the music and visuals were gorgeous.

kingdomkey96

Omniversally considered a badass.

Without reading any other comments all I have to say is: YouTube.
Of course that feeling of accomplishment is great but for me personally it's not worth the effort to kill ten million heartless(/exaggeration ) for a video which will be up on YT long before you finish the game(Probably that is).

luna1017

Trying to reach the Second Star to the Right.
I haven't gotten 20 trophies yet but I watched the secret ending on youtube. I think it's worth it. I remember how I nearly screamed when Yen Sid said that Sora and Riku were gonna have a mark of mastery. There's also that feeling of satisfaction once you get the secret ending. Just like the way I felt when I got BBS's secret ending.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
BbS' s is kinda easy to get...
The secret endings I love are the ones from the main games.
There you have characters you don't know(Blonde Haired Kid anyone?) in locations you don't know(The music is called Sunsets Horizon... LET'S CALL IT THAT :3) with words/sentences that don't make sense and it's also in glorious FMV. It just left you wanting more and anticipating what they're going to cook up for you.
I'm sure a lot of you felt amazed at what they did with Blonde Haired Kid walking through a dark city with it raining, mutated shadows popping out of the ground, then a heart surrounds them all the while a blind folded man watches from a skyscraper. It's was beautiful.

BBS and Re:Coded... just filled you in on whats going to happen. And that was all obvious. The mystery is gone. There aren't characters you don't know. There aren't words flashing on the screen. Everything that was confirmed in interviews was just being said by characters.

So, to actually answer everything, I find that it isn't worth it, but on a DS console, it's the best it can produce. However, Kingdom Hearts and Kingdom Hearts II secret endings, seeing as what you have to do to get them(take the easy route of doing proud and being subjected to everything being harder or go through standard and do EVERYTHING).

Last edited:

Wolf662

As far as the endings to KH goes, I will always strive for them. Actually I don't consider myself done with a KH game til im level 100, have every weapon for all characters, and so on. I even took the time to level my summons in KH2...and i NEVER summon. Personally its just a way of passing the time until the next KH game when i dont want to play cod or some other game. Still, I have to agree that Coded's ending was the weakest. Though I expected it, after all it was a remake of a mobile game.

Smile

Codename: D
Awards
Website
www.fanfiction.net
I personally hyped so bad over Re:Coded's secret ending. XD I never saw the secret ending prior, and when I got to it and they closed up on Yen Sid's face, with the whole "show us the Mark of Mastery" biz... It was aaaaall worth it =w= <3

Relix

A traveler
Awards
I think KH2FM secret ending and Re:coded's were worth. KH2FM secret ending was lengthy and epic. Re:coded's didn't seem like much until Yen Sid started talking about Xehanort's return and how Riku and Sora were gonna need to show the mark of mastery; after hearing that, you knew crap was about to go down in the future. MX means business.

The Conquerer

The Bloody Warrior
Awards
They should actually do something more, something that's worth the trouble.lol Like for example, have the criteria the same, however, the secret ending is actually a playable portion.

Let's take KH's secret ending for example. Instead of just watching Roxas lay waste to the Neo Shadows, you actually get a taste of it yourself, albeit no more than several minutes of endless hack 'n slash. That would be a nice little teaser of what to come. Nothing too in depth. The featurette could pick up again after the gameplay portions fadeout. Hell, the endings could be more extensive if necessary, however, just that a lot of the factors are held as mysteries. Once the player gets to an awe moment (FLASH) "KINGDOM HEARTS!"

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back