• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► Second Disney Renassaince

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

ddta1177

Beginning with Princess and the Frog all the way up to Winnie the Pooh that came out last July, do you think those will become the first three moview in the Second Disney Renassaince. I'm certainly hopeful, the 90's era of Disney was easilly the best adn I'sm waiting for the next group of amazing movies. I'm hoping this is it with the new Wreck-it Ralph coming out this Fall what do you think?:biggrin:

Johnny Stooge

Hawkguy
Awards
Yeah, Princess and the Frog has nothing on shit like Aladdin or Beauty and Beast. That's just not just nostalgia talking. It's just not as good.

And considering the Disney dude who got fired today because he's responsible for all their stuff ups, there's not gonna be one for a while until they get someone in who knows their shit.

Taylor

Gold Member
Awards
honestly, i think Wreck-It Ralph is a fucking terrible idea for a movie and i have absolutely no hope in it being any sort of success in terms of quality.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I have hopes they might regain their footing and produce movies the same quality that they use to have, but the success of Tangled and possibly Pixar's BRAVE might send the message that people are more interested in CGI films these days.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
That film is going to be in CGI, so you can't count it as part of the "Second Disney Renaissance".

Why? I don't understand why something needs to be hand drawn to be apart of a "Second Disney Renaissance"? Even its CGI, its still Disney...

And considering the Disney dude who got fired today because he's responsible for all their stuff ups, there's not gonna be one for a while until they get someone in who knows their shit.

What "dude" got fired?

.Oji

赤いテキスト
What "dude" got fired?

Stooge is probably referring to Glen Keane. Here's his resignation letter:

March 23, 2012

Dear Colleagues and Friends of the Walt Disney Animation Studio,

After long and thoughtful consideration, I have decided to leave Disney Animation.

I am convinced that animation really is the ultimate art form of our time with endless new territories to explore. I can’t resist it’s siren call to step out and discover them.

Disney has been my artistic home since September 9,1974. I owe so much to those great animators who mentored me—Eric Larson, Frank Thomas and Ollie Johnston—as well as to the many other wonderful people at Disney whom I have been fortunate to work with in the past nearly 38 years.

Over these four decades I have seen so many changes, but the one thing that remains the same is that we all do this because we love it.

I am humbled and deeply honored to have worked side by side so many artists, producers and directors during my career here at Disney, and I am tremendously proud of the films which together we have created. I will deeply miss working with you.

With my most sincere and heartfelt good wishes for your and Disney’s continued artistic growth and success,

Glen

ddta1177

That film is going to be in CGI, so you can't count it as part of the "Second Disney Renaissance".

I still don't get why frozen and wreck it ralph have to be hand drawn to be considered a new renaissance era, movies in the first renaissance had CGI effects.

Twilightheaven

Twilight Warrior of the Stars
Awards
The way I considered a second renaissance for disney is to have a streak of successfull movies (hand-drawn or not) from the Disney Animated Studios not Pixar because it is a different studios.

ddta1177

The way I considered a second renaissance for disney is to have a streak of successfull movies (hand-drawn or not) from the Disney Animated Studios not Pixar because it is a different studios.

That's what I'd consider a Second Disney Renaissance too even if some or all are CGI. I just don't know if Wreck-it Wralph will be as good as Princess and the Frog or Tangled yet, I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Sora2016

Silver Member
Awards
That's what I'd consider a Second Disney Renaissance too even if some or all are CGI. I just don't know if Wreck-it Wralph will be as good as Princess and the Frog or Tangled yet, I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

I think Wreck-it Ralph sounds interesting, but I don't think it will be as good as The Princess and the Frog or Tangled.

Reflection

Princess of Heart
Awards
honestly i don't see disney movies anymore unless they're princess movies or something i'm familiar with like winnie the pooh.

and everything i've seen so far has been adorable and beautifully animated. especially in princess and the frog, they really tried to return to the whimsical attitude they had in characterizing with the classics.

Haeralis

Remains of the Judgement
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
I wish, and am hopeful, that we could see another Disney Renaissance. Disney used to be awesome. Now we just see Pixar movies, and no more classic animation.

KeyofEvil'sBane

Space Duck
Termina, wondering why everyone looks familiiar
I wish, and am hopeful, that we could see another Disney Renaissance. Disney used to be awesome. Now we just see Pixar movies, and no more classic animation.

There's nothing particularly wrong with Pixar movies. Pixar is probably the most consistent company in the industry in terms of delivering quality movies. And its not just nostalgia, because their recent stuff is good as well. I can tell you, sad movies normally don't make me cry. I sat through all of Titanic without a tear. I've seen Toy Story 3 twice, cried like a man both damn times lol.

Haeralis

Remains of the Judgement
Awards
Website
www.youtube.com
There's nothing particularly wrong with Pixar movies. Pixar is probably the most consistent company in the industry in terms of delivering quality movies. And its not just nostalgia, because their recent stuff is good as well. I can tell you, sad movies normally don't make me cry. I sat through all of Titanic without a tear. I've seen Toy Story 3 twice, cried like a man both damn times lol.

Don't get me wrong, Pixar makes good movies, no argument there. I just don't like how ever since Disney bought them, they haven't focused on the fantastically animated movies that made them famous in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back