• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

SEC Championship LSU vs. Georgia

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
Looking at the upsets in the past couple weeks, you can't really justify which team is better than the other by just their numbers. Once they actually compete against each other that;s when you can tell who's better than who.

Lol just keep dreaming bruh. Calling that an upset would be a vast understatement. It just ain't happening.

Awards
Website
sites.google.com
USC isn't good. They don't have the ability to compete with either LSU or Bama, and I don't think they could compete with most teams in the BCS top 10.

Sean

Ehhhhhh
Awards
Lol just keep dreaming bruh. Calling that an upset would be a vast understatement. It just ain't happening.

And I guess you called Iowa State beating OSU too. Or USC beating Oregon. OR Baylor beating OU.

USC isn't good. They don't have the ability to compete with either LSU or Bama, and I don't think they could compete with most teams in the BCS top 10.

Did I mention they beat Oregon? And went down to the last second with Stanford?

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
And I guess you called Iowa State beating OSU too. Or USC beating Oregon. OR Baylor beating OU.

Did I mention they beat Oregon? And went down to the last second with Stanford?

Yes, I called all of that. Every single game. Because I know this game and I see beyond the hype. I just said a few pages back that I told everybody last year that Auburn would beat Bama (a team everyone knows is my favorite) and go on to beat whoever they were stacked against. Again, I know this game bruh. USC will not and cannot compete with Bama or LSU. They don't have the talent/athleticism that either of those teams has.

And Oregon. HA. Don't make me laugh. Another overrated squad. Good, but overrated. The win means nothing. And if they couldn't do it against Stanford, they shouldn't even be on the same field as Bama or LSU.

Shinjuku

Entrapment
One thing Sean is correct on is that you can't tell who would win any given Saturday now I will defend my SEC brethren no one could beat them or us(should already know by now).

That said I think there are a few teams out there that can beat LSU my guess would be someone out the Big XII and maybe a Michigan. The one thing LSU has yet to face is a true high powered offense Oregon = Lighting bugs their fast but that's about it and Alabama well I've said my piece on them.

I just wish Boise St. could play them so we can settle the old debate are the little boys able to play with the big boys.

Awards
^The sad part is, Alabama had every chance to win that game last year. Toss in a few fumbles, especially that last one by Ingram and they just gave up. I still think they were a better 'team,' seeing as Cam was, apart from two or three linemen, pretty much their whole team. However, at the end of the day, Auburn wanted that win more and so they got it.

If you can't tell, Bama fan here haha.

And I'd say it's pretty inevitable with the Bama and LSU matchup. I remember the announcer during the Iron Bowl talking about how he was against it because of teams playing against each other again, and quite frankly, I think he can suck it. Bama did choke during that game as well, as Saban said more than a few times: missed opportunities. If they could just have their head together, I think they'd prove that they're a better team.
Still, not even just as a Bama fan, I'd still prefer to see the top two teams in the country go for the National Championship. That's what it's about. Any other team playing is just a pity vote because Bama played LSU once already. The other college teams throughout the country don't have to play nearly as many hard teams as SEC teams do.

But I digress. LSU is going to beat Georgia, undoubtedly. For the NCG, I think if Alabama plays with a clear head, they should win. If not, well then obviously LSU's the better team and is just going to come out on top again.

Shinjuku

Entrapment
Okay @ Sexual White Chocolate

The problem with this year though I honestly didn't see this coming, but the SEC is actually really down aside from Bama and LSU who was really good. I don't even know about my own team right now to be honest cause we've never played Arkansas, Bama, or LSU the thing about UGA is the only team to ever beat us really bad for many years was Florida, but we just beat them this year(barely).

Also I still state again if UGA should go and beat LSU they deserve to play for the NCG or two other teams outside the SEC deserve to play instead. If they don't then this is a moot point.

Back in 2007 LSU was #7 going into the championship weekend Georgia was like in the Top 3 I forgot, but the main gripe most GA fans had was LSU had lost at the very end of the season to Arkansas and then won the SECCG, but jumped straight to #2 knocking us back about 3 spots if I remember. The thing most media people and even a few coaches told GA and others is "You should have to win your conference championship to get a spot in the NCG or at least be considered."

Now fast foward again 4 years later and we're at this same spot except this time their saying the opposite I don't buy that, and I know GA didn't play the toughest schedule ever, but it doesn't matter if you're going to say something one time, but it's the other way around the next there is no point for saying it in the first place.

All in All if LSU and Bama get the rematch I think there will be a boycott of the BCS(hopefully) and also of the game itself even a lot of SEC folks don't want to see a regular season match-up happen again especially if it ends up as the same score or close.

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
One thing Sean is correct on is that you can't tell who would win any given Saturday now I will defend my SEC brethren no one could beat them or us(should already know by now).

That said I think there are a few teams out there that can beat LSU my guess would be someone out the Big XII and maybe a Michigan. The one thing LSU has yet to face is a true high powered offense Oregon = Lighting bugs their fast but that's about it and Alabama well I've said my piece on them.

I just wish Boise St. could play them so we can settle the old debate are the little boys able to play with the big boys.

Name one team in the Big 12 that would beat Alabama or LSU. Just one. And Oregon's "dominant offense"? HA. Y'all saw just last year where that gets you against an SEC defense, and Auburn wasn't working with near what Alabama or LSU has now.

And I understand people not wanting to see it, but it's a moot point. It's the championship game. It's about the 2 best teams playing. Period. If LSU and Alabama win outright from here on out, they will clearly be the best 2 teams in the nation. Thus, they play each other again. That's it.

Shinjuku

Entrapment
That's what I said this Sat. if LSU wins this conversation is a moot point, but if not then there will be a sh*t load of bickering.

I agreed about Oregon I'm just saying that their nothing, but a bunch of lighting bugs fast and nothing else.

I think Michigan, OU, and OSU might have a chance to take LSU and Bama again I said chance because every Sat. you just never know.

As for the last part just be prepared for a huge boycott one that would get everyone involved cause people are tired of it just give us a GOT DAMN PLAYOFF LOL!(excuse the lang)

Awards
Yes, there are sometimes games you didn't expect, with the underdog winning. I think there's plenty of 'know' however in who's going to win certain games. Take for example an occurrence that's probably not ever going happen, but still: If Alabama ever played UAB (my university), UAB would get stomped. Period.

The example is a bit in the extremes, but there are plenty of games where you know who's going to win and who isn't. It was clear before we ever came into this Saturday that Alabama was going to whoop Auburn. To say that you never know is taking it too far.

And I didn't mention it before, but teams like Boise St. wouldn't make it. Even if they have pristine W/L ratios, they just don't face the same kind of teams as they would in SEC, which is the reason why they have said ratios.

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
Yes, there are sometimes games you didn't expect, with the underdog winning. I think there's plenty of 'know' however in who's going to win certain games. Take for example an occurrence that's probably not ever going happen, but still: If Alabama ever played UAB (my university), UAB would get stomped. Period.

The example is a bit in the extremes, but there are plenty of games where you know who's going to win and who isn't. It was clear before we ever came into this Saturday that Alabama was going to whoop Auburn. To say that you never know is taking it too far.

My point exactly.

And Shinjuku, what is Oregon's speed to Alabama and LSU's?

Shinjuku

Entrapment
@ XIII Heartless

When I'm saying their lighting bugs I'm saying they have the speed, but most of the players don't have the skill set like LSU does.

The UAB example isn't an extreme See Michigan-App St. Georgia-UCF Ole Miss-Jack st. and many many more.

Actually no one knew what would happen between Bama vs. Auburn cause no one can predict the future.

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
@ XIII Heartless

When I'm saying their lighting bugs I'm saying they have the speed, but most of the players don't have the skill set like LSU does.

The UAB example isn't an extreme See Michigan-App St. Georgia-UCF Ole Miss-Jack st. and many many more.

Actually no one knew what would happen between Bama vs. Auburn cause no one can predict the future.

That's what we're telling you. Yes, you can say "you didn't really know" but in the end, I called it and it happened. That's what it is. There's no certainty, but truly knowing the sport goes a long way.

Awards
Haha go to a UAB game and then tell me that them facing off against U. Alabama isn't an extreme example. They wouldn't have a chance in hell. As a fan of both teams, one being my team since before I was born, and the other my college team, I can easily tell you this. It's not easy being a UAB fan, I'll tell you that much.

And sure you can say no one knows any 100%, but what we're telling you is that when you know, you know. Even given the fact that Alabama and Auburn games are, usually, pretty close, it was obvious that considering how both the teams have played throughout the year, and given their strengths and weaknesses, that Alabama was going to win. The only question was by how much.

There are various other games where the same thing is said. You're looking at the 'anything can happen,' but sometimes there is a fine difference between optimism and denial. Sure there are games where it's a 'probably not gonna happen, but they might win.' But there are also plenty of games where it's 'Man, the team we're playing today doesn't even have a chance.'

Shinjuku

Entrapment
@ XIII Heartless

You can know the sport it still doesn't mean you know the outcome unless you're a heavily body or the time space continuum itself. Put it this way everyone knew the sport in 05 and 06 but the outcome was quite different then most expected. In fact funny thing right now is LSU is in the same place as USC that dominant team that hopefully knows there is a Texas lurking out there somewhere.

@ Sexual White chocolate

I also knew Auburn would most likely lose because they have an identity crisis after the one season wonder Cam Netwon and some of the other players left they really didn't know what to do. This isn't to say Auburn was completely garbage, but I knew based off the Utah St. game this would be a long season for Auburn fans.

Also how do you become a fan before you're born..........110001112222222....This doesn't compute.

Shinjuku

Entrapment
So In 05 you really called the USC vs. Texas game?? I don't see that as ever being possible
I'll give you the 06 Ohio St. vs. Florida, but even then still a stretch cause that Ohio St. Team wasn't a pushover even though the final score says different.

See if I met you in real life you'd be the type that's overly arrogant when it comes to stuff like this not that it's bad, but I can tell.

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
So In 05 you really called the USC vs. Texas game?? I don't see that as ever being possible
I'll give you the 06 Ohio St. vs. Florida, but even then still a stretch cause that Ohio St. Team wasn't a pushover even though the final score says different.

See if I met you in real life you'd be the type that's overly arrogant when it comes to stuff like this not that it's bad, but I can tell.

You can call it what you want, but yes, I did. Like I said, I don't buy into hype if it's unwarranted. I know the game, and that's about all there is to it.

Awards
Also how do you become a fan before you're born..........110001112222222....This doesn't compute.
If you were born in the state in Alabama, you'd know what I'm talking about.

The Alabama vs. Auburn thing.. you're born into it. It's decided before you've ever actually come into this world. The rivalry is literally that intense.

XIII Heartless

Head Mom In Charge
Awards
Website
profile.myspace.com
If you were born in the state in Alabama, you'd know what I'm talking about.

The Alabama vs. Auburn thing.. you're born into it. It's decided before you've ever actually come into this world. The rivalry is literally that intense.

YES, someone else who understands, finally. Inherited my Bama pride from my dad, which is funny because though my mom isn't big on football, her family loves Auburn. Shit can get intense XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back