• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

SEAKING A GOOD RPG!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

UnstoppableSound

Seaking.gif
= LOL

Yo.

Alright so it's the beginning of August, 2009 (for us here in North America at least), and I've just finished Odin Sphere. For all you who don't know what game that is, let me just say, I'm ashamed of you. It's an amazingly beautiful action RPG made by Vanillaware with an incredibly developed storyline and plot. I advise you to buy it immediately if you haven't already (plus I'm sure us Kingdom Hearts fans would love the game, they both share some similar qualities). Anyway back to the point (sorry about that it's just a REALLY GOOD game), I was wondering if you fellow rpg-players could pass me some names of any good RPGs out right now. I've got a whole month free until film school starts and I figure what better way to spend that month than add more RPGs to my list? I'm into the Japanese RPGs (even though there is a lot of shit out there right now), stuff like Final Fantasy, Fire Emblem (if that counts?), The Tales Series, Wild Arms, Kingdom Hearts (who knew?), and tons and tons more but those are the only remarkable series that are popping up in my head this late at night. Anything that just stands out and is worth putting time into pretty much. I would greatly appreciate any responses. The more the merrier, I mean..I do have one entire month. THANKS!

P.S Go buy Odin Sphere NOW!

UnstoppableSound

Re: SEEKING A GOOD RPG!

you should purchase xenogears for the playstation one

it's like the xenosaga games except not bad

I know what you mean. I watched my brother play Xenosaga a couple times and was completely not into it. Xenogears huh? That's definitely possible, although I'm looking for something a bit newer. I don't know why but lately I haven't been able to get back into the old school graphics.

scubasteve

Banned
Awards

the only problem is that finding xenogears is not easy no sir it is not

That's definitely possible, although I'm looking for something a bit newer. I don't know why but lately I haven't been able to get back into the old school graphics.

hmmm

well i haven't played many new rpgs lately the newest one i've played lately is persona 4 for the ps2, which is pretty snazzy

Firo

Oh Crap

Persona 3 and 4 are really good.

Also, try Rogue Galaxy.

If you can find it, get Legend of Dragoon. It's PSOne, but it's really fun.

Black Rose Witch

JRPG Fan

Persona 3 and 4 are really good.

Also, try Rogue Galaxy.

If you can find it, get Legend of Dragoon. It's PSOne, but it's really fun.

All the ones this dude listed

and also try to get dragon quest 4 or 5 for ds, its really fun ^^

and I have seen odin sphere, I might be getting it now

Zero

Sergeant RoxMog

Well if you have a 360 or PS3 they have Fallout 3 and Oblivion and I heard they are pretty good.

Salty the Hero

self loafer
Awards

I'd try Dragon Quest VIII, it's a favorite of mine.

Darkslayers

Website
gamingsource.org

What kind of consoles do you have between? And if you got a Xbox 360, you should get Fallout 3..

It is really fun, and it is a long lasting game. Story is short, but you got quests to complete and achievements.

anyways.. good luck...

UnstoppableSound

What kind of consoles do you have between? And if you got a Xbox 360, you should get Fallout 3..

It is really fun, and it is a long lasting game. Story is short, but you got quests to complete and achievements.

anyways.. good luck...

I have all the consoles. Playstation 3 (backwards compatible for both PS2 and PSX), XBOX 360, Wii, DS, PSP, and yeah, I'm typing this on a computer lol.

Also for the other questions, I don't have a problem with games that aren't JRPG, they're just what I like most and I'm looking for at the moment.

And for the other posts: I've played Oblivion, Fable II, Legend of Dragoon (this one was REALLY good, but I didn't finish it for some reason...I remember I got the water girl with the hammer and stopped soon after getting the earth guy's dragoon stone). I'm not a big fan of Dragon Question, and Fallout 3 looks a little two shooter for me. I've always wanted to try the Persona series though. The only thing is I would only want to start it from the first one if possible. Thank for all the suggestions by the way!

Black Rose Witch

JRPG Fan

if your gonna start with persona you can get p3 since its the easiest to find or if you wanna wait for it, persona 1 is being ported to the psp in september because p1 and 2 are going to be expensive and hard to find they are on the playstation

UnstoppableSound

if your gonna start with persona you can get p3 since its the easiest to find or if you wanna wait for it, persona 1 is being ported to the psp in september because p1 and 2 are going to be expensive and hard to find they are on the playstation

Oh sweet. So they're sending Persona 1 here for psp soon? That's good to hear. What about 2? Is it coming here as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back