• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Sea Salt Ice Cream

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

UnstoppableSound

I just made it. It's amazing. It tastes like...vanilla ice cream..with a slight saltiness added.
The coloring works perfect too, and it's in popsicle form! It's the bomb. Everyone here should make it. It's effin delicious. If you need a recipe let me know. I'm sorry I just had to let you all know. Here's the link btw if you want to make it yourself, check my second post for some extremely useful hints.

Sea Salt Ice Cream - 177919 - Recipezaar

Last edited:

Ashes Remnant

It's All Crazy! It's All False!
I've done it before.

Not the best.

Not the worst.

Yet, it appeals to the fangirl in all of us.

iNerdz

Huh....I like ice cream...and I love kingdom hearts...sounds delicious. But I'll probably just mess it up.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I've made some once two summers ago with my friend when it was hot and we were having a day of cooking. We didn't make it right so it didn't taste right the first time. The second time it was amazing. (Of course it was also because it was 102 degrees and it was the only ice cream we had)

UnstoppableSound

I tried to make Sea Salt ice cream once...and it didn't go well :p
here's the link:
Sea Salt Ice Cream - 177919 - Recipezaar

Yeah that's the link right there. It works perfectly.
I had a lot of trouble making them though since the stick would always slide out of the icecream.
Here are some tips:

1. Use 14 drops of blue food coloring and no green. If you put any green than it would look way too green. Trust me, the mixture already has a slightly yellowish tinge to it so you don't need any green. I would say maybe even more blue would be good too, since they still turn out a little too green.

2. Get a good quality popsicle mold. I got mine from some crappy dollar store and it ended up ruining my first batch. I ending up using the same mold but instead of using the lid/stick-insert that they provided, I bought popsicle sticks and just put them in all the way through (you may have to do this if the stick that comes with the mold doesn't go deep enough into the ice cream). Not gonna lie, it looks best with a normal popsicle stick anyway, much more like the thing from the game.

3. Use quite a bit of salt. Every single time I end up putting too little and I regret it. It's supposed to be salty, not just a little salty. Then again it's up to you to have as much saltiness as you want.

4. To help get them out, fill a large bowl with hot water (not warm), and leave them in there for about 20 seconds, then proceed to very slowly try and slide them out. Repeat if it doesn't come out still. Also, make sure they're extremely frozen, or else it will come out all frothy and not ice-cream like enough (I'm guessing this is due to the mixture not really being very ice-cream like, and more of just a custard mixture).

5. At the point where you have to mix it all together and heat it for the last time, do not expect it to become very thick. I heated it on low for about 20 minutes and it still didn't turn out to be really thick, just get it as thick as you can. Don't follow the recipe where it says heat on medium until thick, make sure it's on low.

6. You don't need an ice cream maker (in fact, it works better without it, because if you use an ice-cream maker you end up getting scoops of ice-cream instead of a popsicle form), just pour the final mixture into popsicle molds. It works just fine and comes out perfect if you just follow this stuff that I wrote down. It took me about 3 tries to perfect, so don't worry if it doesn't work out perfectly, just try again.

7. It's ridiculously good so don't eat too much or you'll get obese. I don't know how the KH characters do it..

If anyone has any questions or needs help with making it, just post it on this thread and I'll try and help as best as possible. Or just toss me a PM. Good luck.

UnstoppableSound

Nutrition Facts Serving Size 1 (299g)
Recipe makes 3 servings
Calories 516
Calories from Fat 347 (67%)

Oh you have got to be fucking kidding me.

Hahaha. It's cream and eggs. What do you expect? However, if that makes 3 servings, and I get 8 popsicles out of it, then that means each one is way less calories and fat. So it ain't that bad. They'd have to be some huge ass popsicles for one to be one serving.

XjXsOlJa

NHSrep
I was willing to try to make this a few years ago.
But I gave up when I saw that there were a lot of ingredients. =\
Ahaha.

Antiquity

Put on your courage and fly
Awards
I was going to try making it this summer, but then I got high.
lol jk I just got lazy. Never brought myself to buying the items so just left it alone.

HeartOfTheHero

omg, have any of the rest of you got around to trying this? i finally had time this past weekend. Keeper of Memory and I spent thursday evening making it. we kind of screwed it up a little bit, and we added too much salt, so it tasted really bad when we tried it, but we played around with it the next day and we figured out what we did wrong. after we realized that we fixed it and now it's AMAZING. seriously, it makes me want to go to the beach for some reason (maybe the SEA salt? idk) anyways, if you haven't tried this i highly recommend it. it requires some effort and time to make, but it's worth it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back