• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Screenshots From KH3 And KH3: RE MIND That Prove, Beyond Doubt, That Kairi And the Princesses of Heart Possess Darkness

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.
Awards
East of England, Buried in a Void of Non-Existence
Your incessant dismissal of evidence to the contrary from within the source material is quite frankly insufferable. You don't get to cherry-pick what is and is not canon from the games, Paul. Your opinions on characters or the content of the in-game journals in no way invalidates them. On top of that, your dismissal of dictionary definitions to try and prove your point paints you as incredibly pig-headed, and as having no respect for the material you claim to love.

Your opinions on Ansem the Wise don't give you the right to dismiss everything he says. If we look at this from an in-universe perspective, he spent years of his life studying people's hearts. He didn't become obsessed with revenge until his apprentices cast him into another realm, stole his research and identity, and ultimately aided in destroying his home. His research and knowledge are not instantly moot because of actions that were taken against him, or because he was consumed by a desire for vengeance. He himself admits that in his pursuits of both knowledge and vengeance he harmed a great many people, and seeks to atone.

Your opinions on the validity of the glossary exerts for... whatever reason, are irrelevant. Dream Drop Distance's glossary was specifically made to fill in players new to the series on information from previous games, and as someone else already pointed out it would be nonsensical for the developers to fill it with information that wasn't true. You've held Nomura in fairly high regard several times throughout your threads; why would he mislead his player base with false information?

Your interpretations of facial expressions do not hold up as concrete evidence. Facial expressions can be read differently by different people; your perspective is not what everyone else might see, or denotive of what is actually being portrayed in the scene. Written word from the same materials cannot be so easily disputed. As for your Anna "examples", I say: go watch the film, and watch the scenes that the game replicates. You'll likely see the same range of emotions there as you would in the game, which shows that Sora has no bearing on the sequence. Tell someone to look at you in real life the way Anna looks at Sora, and see if you get the same impression. If you truly believe that your perception of people's facial expressions and emotions trumps facts presented by others, you likely aren't very good at reading people at all.

Glitches and mistakes happen even in the best of games, AAA or otherwise; hell, there's a watermark left on-screen for a frame during "Let It Go"; I've had Goofy get stuck in a perpetual falling animation in real time. Visual oddities and worse are not above any game or any development team, no matter who they are or where they're based, because no development team is infallible. Even in Square Enix's other titles they are present. What you're trying to defend (which admittedly I didn't care to read) was more likely than not a simple visual bug that wasn't fixed.

No matter how heavily-formulated or well-presented your thoughts and perceived evidence are, you cannot dispute facts from the source material. No ifs, ands or buts about it. And if you can't listen to or accept the facts that people present to you, why should people listen to you?

Last edited:

disney233

Awards
Guys, OP is a regular troll on the KH3 Gamefaqs message board. He intentionally posts bad theories to rile people up. It's his gimmick.
I don't think he's trolling. No troll would make THIS much effort in two forms at once lol. He's not a troll, he's literally just crazy. But hey, his madness is my entertainment tbh.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
It's like trying to prove Riku is Sephiroth and Vergil's son because he has white hair, a wing themed weapon, green eyes, and has blue in his color scheme!

Excuse me, I wrote that fanfiction in middle school. Sephiroth x Vergil forever. Nero's mom is just Sephiroth too.

Lacan Valeth

SentimentOfTruth:
I'm not dismissing evidence from within the source material. I'm saying that other evidence - the characters' own facial expressions and body language and thus characterization - outweighs the words of people who don't know the characters. If Mickey said that Kairi possessed no darkness, since he knows her, I'd be inclined to believe him, though I'd be skeptical. But the sole person who says that Kairi and the Princesses of Heart possess no darkness is Ansem the Wise, whose perspective was warped by hate and anger, and who doesn't know Kairi.

I'm not picking what is and isn't canon. By favoring the words of characters who don't know Kairi over her own characterization, I'd argue that that's what you're doing; you're ignoring canon proof to suit your own perspective. And I'm not saying that my opinions invalidate the Journals and Reports. I'm saying that the *characters themselves* invalidate the Journals and Reports, and that no single person outside of Ansem the Wise once said that the Princesses of Heart possess no darkness.

Nor am I pig-headed, at all, to dismiss dictionary definitions, nor am I disregarding the material that I love.

Have you read stories by Matthew Woodring Stover? William Shakespeare? Classical Greek tragedies? John Ronald Reuel Tolkien? Clive Staples Lewis? F. Scott Fitzgerald? Aaron Allston? R. A. Salvatore? Rae Sloane? Any number of skilled and experienced published authors? They use terms like 'pure' figuratively and not in the literal, technical dictionary way countless times. *That* is what Nomura is doing with terms like 'pure.' He's using them in an artistic way and he believes that the players who play KINGDOM HEARTS will use the context of those terms to understand what they mean. He's *not* using them in a technical way.

And even if he was, it wouldn't matter unless Nomura specifically said the technical terms were the correct way to understand the story, if the characters prove the technical terms - unless those technical terms are spoken by people who know the characters and who understand how they feel and think - wrong.

People > technical terms and scientific terms.

I'm aware of what you're saying about Ansem, but Ansem wrote most or all of his Journal Entries - correct me if I'm wrong and I'll concede these points - before he realized that vengeance was wrong. And even *after* he did, he didn't realize that he didn't fully understand the heart until he attempted to transfigure an artificial Kingdom Hearts into data, so even *after* Ansem was redeemed he wasn't in a position to say whether or not the Princesses of Heart possessed no darkness.

Furthermore, Ansem's words 'hearts can't be encapsulated by data' are further proof - though no proof is necessary because KINGDOM HEARTS is literature and literature uses terms figuratively, not technically and scientifically - that dictionary definitions cannot and do not reveal anything about the characters' personalities unless spoken by people who know the characters. Personalities aren't limited by technical matters and scientific matters, or by scholarly matters or data. People can be whoever or whatever they choose to be, and feel and think however and in whatever way they choose to think and feel. People aren't math equations, they're individual living beings with hearts and minds of their own. Xion's and Riku Replica's dilemmas, and to a lesser extent Roxas' and Lea's/Axel's and Isa's, are further proof that KINGDOM HEARTS isn't a math equation, though again, no proof is necessary. I recommend that you read a number of published professional works.

I'm not saying that Nomura is misleading anyone with the Glossary definitions. Those *are* clearly omniscient, spoken from third-person omniscient, not third-person limited. But they're *general,* and they just say that the Princesses of Hearts' hearts are the purest around, not that they possess no darkness at all. If the Glossary definitions had said that the Princesses of Hearts' hearts possessed no darkness, then I'd believe that they have no darkness. But they don't.

As for the facial expressions and body language, I specifically asked a friend of mine, Piccolo Sky, to tell me how Anna was characterized in the FROZEN movie itself when she told Kristoff why she was searching for Elsa. - And the words of people who don't know other people are no more fact than facial expressions and body language; both are open to interpretation. - According to him, the same range of emotions is *not* present with Anna and Kristoff or with Anna when she sacrifices herself for Elsa in the FROZEN movie. In the FROZEN movie, according to him, Anna, to Kristoff, makes light of Elsa having disappeared and doesn't say anything such as Elsa's disappearance is her fault. According to Piccolo Sky, Anna *does* say, "It's all my fault." when she's by herself at one point, but then Anna attempts to brush it off with a joke.

With Sora, Anna *does* feel trust Sora enough and feels safe around Sora enough to tell him something she won't even admit to herself *by herself* - that she is responsible for the winter and Elsa running away because Anna was inconsiderate at the coronation. And Anna doesn't just do *this.* She rocks back and forth while singing, 'Do you wanna' build a snowman?' as though losing partial or full sense of reality because she's in so much pain and guilt. And that's more than just facial expressions and body language; as you're aware of, those are clear and undeniable expressions of drastic suffering and agony that plenty of people in stories and real life express when they're hurting.

Anna - correct me if I'm wrong - additionally *admits something to Sora that she won't even admit and then joke about* - that she's terrified that she won't be able to be there for Elsa. She doesn't say so directly, but that's what the line, 'They say, 'have courage' and I'm trying to' means. Sora *specifically acknowledges* Anna's deepest terror when he reassures her, "I'm sure your sister knows how much you love her. If anyone can help her, it's you." Anna trusts Sora *a lot* more than Kristoff, and feels *a lot* safer with Sora. And she's willing to show Sora vulnerabilities that she won't show *anyone else,* maybe not even Elsa.

And it's in response to the two above lines of Sora's that Anna might be beginning to fall in love with Sora, falling in love with Sora, or have fallen in love with Sora. Further still, her eye positions and smile during the two screen captures from that scene are similar to the eye positions and smiles I've seen good live action movie actors and computer generation animation use when they're romantically interested in someone. As two examples of this, I recommend that you play FINAL FANTASY XII: REVENANT WINGS and pay attention to the character Penelo, and watch STAR WARS: Episode VIII: THE LAST JEDI and pay attention to the character Rose Tico.

I'm not just interpreting the facial expressions and body language. I know that my perspective is subjective. I'm cross-referencing them throughout all of fiction that I'm familiar with.

Piccolo Sky agreed with me that Anna is more 'intimate' with Sora than with Kristoff during the scene where Anna meets Sora and she tells him what happened with Elsa. He's on the fence about the sacrifice scene, though, because he believes that Anna's facial expressions and body language could be the result of her physical condition, but he did agree that the scene is different in the Game than in the movie.

On Sora's side, there's more than facial expressions and body language, as well. The picture of him feeling Anna's pain in his heart when Elsa shoots her ice fragment into Anna's heart isn't facial expressions and body language, it's a character event, and therefore irrefutable. Sora also makes a small sound of being *very impressed* when he first looks into Anna's eyes and sees how much she loves Elsa, and when he says, "I'm sure your sister knows how much you love her." it's the first time Sora uses the word 'love' and he sounds uncomfortable about it, and Haley Joel Osment as, as you're aware of, a *very* skilled actor who *very much* knows what he's doing and who would have been specifically told by Square ENiX what Sora is feeling and thinking.

Since you didn't read what I was talking about in reference to the supposed 'glitch,' you shouldn't be arguing against it. I'm aware that glitches happen in the best of titles and that no one is infallible - another reason I'm saying that Kairi and the Princesses posses darkness; to be a person is to be imperfect - but an entire Keyblade hovering beside and above Xemnas when it has a good plot reason to be there is far more than a watermark or Goofy being stuck in an animation. It wasn't a glitch, and while there might be mistakes in the facial expressions and body language, they wouldn't have occurred as frequently as other people have been saying they have.

I'm not disputing any facts from the source material, or refusing to accept them. I've referred to proof and evidence from the source material a number of times. The claim that a large amount of facial expressions and body language were just glitches is dismissing the source material facts and refusing to listen to or accept presented facts, and there's no ifs, ands, or buts about *that.*

KeybladeLordSora:
I'd forgotten that Lea was holding Flame Liberator during that screen capture. Thank you for reminding me. I concede the argument about the hovering Flame Liberator not being a glitch.

Paul

"There's more to a heart than just anger or hate. It's full of all kinds of feelings."-Sora
KINGDOM HEARTS II

astertide

Awards
Free Will

This might be where we're disagreeing. I'm saying that the darkness and the light in people's hearts creates the darkness external energies and light external energies, so they're one and the same things. Thus, since Vanitas can choose to side with, and experience emotions of, darkness or light, the Princesses of Heart can choose to side with, and experience emotions of, light or darkness.
If you're not saying that Kairi doesn't have free will, then why are you saying that she can't choose the darkness as Vanitas can choose the light?

Yeah, well... I'm more correct. There are two types of darkness - peoples' darkness and THE Darkness™. Yes, Vanitas and Kairi can both choose to side with and/or experience emotions of darkness or light. BUT VANITAS DOES NOT HAVE LIGHT HIMSELF BIOLOGICALLY, AND NEITHER DOES KAIRI. THIS DOES NOT MEAN THEY CANNOT FEEL NEGATIVE/POSITIVE EMOTIONS OH MY PAOPU FRUIT.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Kairi Using Darkness

I didn't say anything about Kairi using darkness to purify Sora, or using darkness to keep darkness away - Though you *can* 'fight fire with fire' that way. Yozora/Vanitas/'Surex'/the Master, Luxu/Braig/Xigbar, and the two Organization Thirteens do it a lot with their coats. -

The Organisation coats aren't made of darkness. They're like Sora's clothes, fabric with magic sewn into them. You CAN'T fight fire with fire. And you can't state your "Yozora/Vanitas/'Surex'/the Master" theory as fact, as this has been FAR from proven.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Definition Of The Word "Pure"

Once again, 'pure light' doesn't mean 'devoid of darkness at all.' Maleficent couldn't gain Aurora's heart because it didn't have enough darkness, and Kairi can likewise travel through a corridor of darkness for similar reasons - or because Kairi's heart already has so much darkness that passing through a dark corridor wouldn't corrupt it any further.

PURE LIGHT = ONLY LIGHT, NO DARKNESS AT ALL

How much clearer could I be?!

You have NO PROOF that "Maleficent couldn't gain Aurora's heart because it didn't have enough darkness" or that "Kairi's heart already has so much darkness that passing through a dark corridor wouldn't corrupt it any further." You're making things up to suit your points, with complete disregard to Nomura. THIS IS NOMURA'S GAME. HE HAS CONTROL OF WHAT HAPPENS IN IT. HE WOULDN'T PURPOSELY PUT MISLEADING GLOSSARY DEFINITIONS IN DDD.

Have you read stories by Matthew Woodring Stover? William Shakespeare? Classical Greek tragedies? John Ronald Reuel Tolkien? Clive Staples Lewis? F. Scott Fitzgerald? Aaron Allston? R. A. Salvatore? Rae Sloane? Any number of skilled and experienced published authors? They use terms like 'pure' figuratively and not in the literal, technical dictionary way countless times. *That* is what Nomura is doing with terms like 'pure.' He's using them in an artistic way and he believes that the players who play KINGDOM HEARTS will use the context of those terms to understand what they mean. He's *not* using them in a technical way.

Firstly, you sound very condescending and obnoxious. That's a lot of names. Everyone refers to "John Ronald Reuel Tolkien" and "Clive Staples Lewis" as "J. R. R. Tolkien" and "C. S. Lewis," and you're not proving that you're 'better' than anyone just because you know their full names or have read their books. You don't sound smarter just because you've read Homer's Iliad.

Secondly, there is still literally only one meaning to pure. Even if you use it artistically, when you boil it down to what it is it still only means "only one component".

Thirdly, do I need to re:mind you that this is NOMURA we're talking about? You don't know that he's not using them in a technical way, because you have no proof that isn't.

And even if he was, it wouldn't matter unless Nomura specifically said the technical terms were the correct way to understand the story, if the characters prove the technical terms - unless those technical terms are spoken by people who know the characters and who understand how they feel and think - wrong.

This Literally-Interpreted Metaphor

'The closer you get to the light, the greater your shadow becomes' and 'the brightest light dwells in the deepest darkness' *do* relate to people's hearts, and not just reality. See Sora's words to Kairi about how she enabled him to regain his human form, and *especially* Namine's and Riku's exchange when Namine teaches Riku how to confront and conquer his darkness. The Namine and Riku exchange demonstrates that 'the closer you get to the light, the greater your shadow becomes' relates to people.

I SWEAR ON KINGDOM HEARTS WE'RE LITERALLY ARGUING OVER A METAPHOR

IT MEANS THE MORE GOOD YOU DO, THE MORE EVIL FOLLOWS YOU. LIKE ERAQUS, WHO BELIEVED HE WAS DOING GOOD BY GETTING RID OF ALL THE DARKNESS THAT HE BECAME A VILLAIN HIMSELF

HOW ARE YOU NOT LITERALLY INTERPRETING A DICTIONARY DEFINITION BUT YOU'RE LITERALLY INTERPRETING A METAPHOR

Ven Has Darkness Because He's Selfish And Asked Aqua And Terra To Kill Him

If Ven was genuinely being selfless, he would have murdered himself without taking the risk that Xehanort or Vanitas could forge the Kye-Blade with him by staying alive, and he certainly wouldn't have requested Aqua and Terra to be the ones to murder him. This was extremely selfish and extremely insensitive of Aqua's and Terra's feelings, so this was darkness.

You've changed literally nothing from your last argument and nor have you acknowledged my arguments. I repeat:
1. VENTUS IS A KEYBLADE WIELDER. HE'S ONE OF THE ONLY PEOPLE THAT CAN STOP XEHANORT.

2. AQUA, TERRA AND MICKEY WERE THE ONLY OTHER PEOPLE ON THEIR SIDE IN THE KEYBLADE GRAVEYARD: THEY WERE THE ONLY PEOPLE VEN COULD ASK TO "PUT AN END TO HIM"

3. EVEN IF HE KILLED HIMSELF, VANITAS WOULD JUST FUSE WITH AQUA TO FORGE THE X-BLADE.

4. AND JUST BECAUSE VENTUS IS SELFISH, WHICH HE IS SOMETIMES, DOESN'T MEAN THAT HE HAS DARKNESS IN HIS HEART. As I said earlier, Ven can choose to side with and/or experience emotions of darkness or light, but he has. no. big darkness. in him.

The Ansem's Reports And Anything Ansem Says Is False

Ansem wasn't lying about the Princesses, his perspective was warped by hate and anger. He put the Princesses of Heart on a pedestal as he was dropping Nobodies into a pit because his hate and anger towards his apprentices led him to see darkness as worse than it is and light as better than it is.
If just Ansem had said that Namine is Kairi's Nobody, then yes, that couldn't be trusted. But he, unlike with how the Princesses of Heart possess no darkness at all, is not the sole source that Namine is Kairi's Nobody. There are a number of other, reliable, sources for that, including Namine herself.

Why did he put the Princesses of Heart on a pedestal?
What do they have to do with the Nobodies?
Those are two completely different, COMPLETELY unrelated topics.

Ansem also said the Xehanort had written the first Secret Reports.
Ansem also said that his apprentices had been corrupted through one of their dangerous experiments on the darkness of the heart.
Ansem also said that Pureblood Heartless are from living hearts, and Emblem Heartless are artificial.
Ansem also said that Kingdom Hearts is the heart of all worlds.
Ansem also said that Sora's Heartless retained their selfhood as Sora willingly released his heart.

Are we supposed to just disregard everything the Secret Ansem Reports say?

If Mickey said that Kairi possessed no darkness, since he knows her, I'd be inclined to believe him, though I'd be skeptical. But the sole person who says that Kairi and the Princesses of Heart possess no darkness is Ansem the Wise, whose perspective was warped by hate and anger, and who doesn't know Kairi.

... Why'd you be sceptical? This is established canon lore. Also, you don't know that Ansem the Wise never knew Kairi when she was a child. There are even theories that he's her father.

I'm not picking what is and isn't canon. By favoring the words of characters who don't know Kairi over her own characterization, I'd argue that that's what you're doing; you're ignoring canon proof to suit your own perspective. And I'm not saying that my opinions invalidate the Journals and Reports. I'm saying that the *characters themselves* invalidate the Journals and Reports, and that no single person outside of Ansem the Wise once said that the Princesses of Heart possess no darkness.

Alright, then. So the Secret Reports are either misleading or outright wrong. Why would Nomura include them? Why would he state "pure" so many times throughout the series by OTHER characters?

Furthermore, Ansem's words 'hearts can't be encapsulated by data' are further proof

Paul: //states that Ansem the Wise's words can't be trusted//
Also Paul: //proceeds to quote Ansem and use his words as "proof"... except those words were ACTUALLY words that Ansem got wrong, not because he was blinded by revenge, but because he literally didn't know//

"Hearts can't be encapsulated by data" is literally disproven by all of Re:Coded. Data-Sora is KHI Sora to a T. He's as "Sora" as a Sora could be.

Kairi Creates Demon Tides And Demon Towers Wooooooah

I wonder now if the Demon Towers all showed up in places Aqua was, even if Kairi wasn't directly connected to them, because *Aqua* cast the spell that kept Kairi from becoming a Heartless. Maybe Aqua created the Demon Tides and the Lich as well as Kairi, too.

Oh, light.

What's so hard to accept that maybe Nomura just wanted a cool and difficult boss to fight against? There are many people who just want to play the game and couldn't care less for the story.

Kairi Has Dark Powers That Can Turn Aqua Evil... For Whatever Reason

I was under the impression that *Kairi,* not Xehanort's Heartless/Ansem, turned Aqua into Anti-Aqua in order to prevent Riku from saving her - since Aqua isn't Anti-Aqua after Xehanort's Heartless/Ansem shoots her with the energy sphere; we just see Aqua give up and darkness spread out over her, and Aqua isn't Anti-Aqua until she emerges from the Demon Tower - and Aqua thus causing Riku more pain, but maybe Aqua was partially responsible - other than by giving up since she'd failed to love and protect Ansem the Wise, thus failing to love and protect someone she cared about for the fourth time in her life - for that Demon Tower, and not just Kairi.

waitwaitwaitwaitwait-
what.

"I was under the impression that *Kairi,* not Xehanort's Heartless/Ansem, turned Aqua into Anti-Aqua in order to prevent Riku from saving her"

Firstly, WHY would Kairi do that? She wants the light to win.

"Aqua isn't Anti-Aqua after Xehanort's Heartless/Ansem shoots her with the energy sphere; we just see Aqua give up and darkness spread out over her, and Aqua isn't Anti-Aqua until she emerges from the Demon Tower"

... Paul, the darkness literally consumes her. I don't understand what- what's so hard to understand. Nomura just wants a beautiful evil Aqua.

"and Aqua thus causing Riku more pain, but maybe Aqua was partially responsible - other than by giving up since she'd failed to love and protect Ansem the Wise, thus failing to love and protect someone she cared about for the fourth time in her life - for that Demon Tower, and not just Kairi."

Wait, what? I don't understand what you just said at all. Can you reword it more clearly?

weird crazy person said:
Kairi was right there with Riku when Yen Sid and Mickey revealed that Aqua had sacrificed herself for him, saw Riku's pain and couldn't take it away anywhere *near* fully, gave facial expressions and body language that showed that she was very upset about this and even holding back the same hatred she looks at Terra-Xehanort and Xemnas with, and, though I haven't been able to tell for sure yet, though I intend to sooner or later, perhaps today, at one point in response to Riku's pain she might have begun to clench one hand in extreme frustrated anger that Riku is suffering and that she can do little or nothing to love and to protect and to cherish and to be there for Riku from it. Most of all, it's *Riku's pain* that motivates Kairi to tell Yen Sid that she's come there to learn how to become a better Keyblade wielder.
weird crazy person said:
So Kairi has *a lot* of motive not to want Riku to meet with Aqua and potentially go through more pain at Aqua's hands, and to want Mickey away from Riku as well before Mickey causes Riku any further pain by keeping anything else from him, burdening him with more responsibilities, et cetera.

... WHAT?! THIS IS A TERRIBLE MOTIVE!

Kairi isn't stupid, oh my goodness.

RIku: I can't believe Aqua sacrificed herself for me.
Kairi: Riku's sad, and he's sad when he's talking about Aqua, therefore Aqua is a bad guy who makes Riku sad. I must turn her evil with my super-secret powers of darkness that nobody knows I have.

Lea's Floating Keyblade Glitch

Your video of Flame Liberator strengths my argument, not yours. Nomura likely put it there to show why Lea/Axel still has his Keyblade later in the initial KINGDOM HEARTS III after Xemnas wrecked it, to show that Xemnas didn't fully shatter it, he just damaged it badly and stole it from Lea, and Lea got it back shortly afterwards - in time for the Xemnas and Isa/Saix Boss battle in RE MIND. Nomura was aware that, even with all the attention to detail he'd put into the animation, he'd left a plot hole, so he put Flame Liberator hovering beside and above Xemnas to close the plot hole.
You have no proof that the Flame Liberator hovering above and beside Xemnas, which Xemnas and Keyblades have been proven to be more than capable a number of times throughout KINGDOM HEARTS, is a 'model glitch.'

And do you honestly believe that someone with all the years of experience that Tetsuya Nomura has, who specifically said in an interview that the team that he was developing KINGDOM HEARTS III with are people that he's worked with for years and who know how to enact what he wants into Games very well and how to work with him very well, would make the mistake of *glitching an entire Keyblade?*

Firstly, it's a GIF, not a video.

Secondly, YES! Nomura could make the mistake of glitching an entire keyblade, as YOU CLEARLY DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW 3D ANIMATION WORKS. You don't have to render every pixel on the screen for every nano-second of a cutscene. You make individual models and you move them around, change them, etc.

Nomura and his team are allowed to make mistakes, Paul.

Thirdly, WHY WOULD IT BE JUST FLOATING BEHIND XEMNAS?! Why isn't Xemnas holding it or something, or taunting Lea with it?

Fourthly, it didn't appear just before that, and it disappears directly after that. It's literally only shown floating there for two seconds.

Fifthly, by that part of Re:Mind, Lea already has his keyblade summoned and in his hand. Here's a longer version:

wVB0qr.gif

Union X Stuff

Did Ava reveal how she felt about lying about Ephemer when she revealed the truth? Because it's clear from the scene with Ephemer in BACK COVER, and her last scene with the Dandelions, that she refuses to use Ephemer as a puppet under any circumstances.

... Did you watch that video? She doesn't say anything about lying about Ephemer specifically because she doesn't regret it- it was a test. Both Skuld and Player passed. If you would like a transcript of the video, here you go.
Yes, this is a wiki link. If you don't trust it, then go watch the video.

Do you - or anyone else - know if the scenes in UNION CROSS where Luxu implies that the 'traitor who bears the sigil' who begins the First Keyblade War is Ava take place before or after Ava's trick with Ephemer with the Player? Because, as I said in another Thread, while turning the Foretellers against each other didn't break Ava's spirit to not just live by her role due to the love that she shares with Ephemer, discovering that she was the reason the First Keyblade War would happen and annihilate everyone in the realm of light, and the realm of light itself, very well might break Ava's spirit to live as a person and not as a puppet.

I'm not sure if anybody knows for sure, but I'm fairly sure that line was stated before Ava's test. "The traitor who bears the sigil" line was revealed in Back Cover (I think). Ava's test was in Union X, and how Skuld became a Union Leader.

Kingdom Hearts X Finale Transcript

If you need it, here is a complete YouTube playlist of all the cutscenes in KHuX. It gets updated regularly.
Kingdom Hearts Union X Cutscenes

You Cannot State Your Theory As Fact

wall of text about Yozora, Vanitas and MoM that I didn't bother reading, click arrow to link to it

I don't even care that you put your theory here.
The thing I don't like is this: "Yozora and Vanitas are the Master for a large number of reasons"
You cannot state your theory as fact, especially seeing as we've seen Yozora for a total of three cutscenes.

YOU. TOOK. A. SCREENSHOT.

I'm not dismissing evidence from within the source material. I'm saying that other evidence - the characters' own facial expressions and body language and thus characterization - outweighs the words of people who don't know the characters.

Yes, but facial expressions can be perceived differently depending on who's looking at it. You can't just go and say "Look, Kairi is clearly very angry!" when another person can go "Uhh, no. She doesn't look angry at all."

Also, buddy, you don't know the characters personally either. Maybe Kairi shows she happy by pouting? Unlikely, sure, but I'm just trying to prove a point. You don't know for sure, so stop stating your theories as "undeniable proof" "beyond doubt."

And it's in response to the two above lines of Sora's that Anna might be beginning to fall in love with Sora, falling in love with Sora, or have fallen in love with Sora. Further still, her eye positions and smile during the two screen captures from that scene are similar to the eye positions and smiles I've seen good live action movie actors and computer generation animation use when they're romantically interested in someone. As two examples of this, I recommend that you play FINAL FANTASY XII: REVENANT WINGS and pay attention to the character Penelo, and watch STAR WARS: Episode VIII: THE LAST JEDI and pay attention to the character Rose Tico.

Please welcome Paul to the stage, the guy that says that Anna is in love with Sora based on her eye positions.

The Frozen world was very rushed as Elsa was supposed to be the original villain but Disney was like "nO! yOu CaN't Do ThAt!" So they had some quick plot changes. Sora literally learns nothing in Arendelle, and has absolutely zero character growth. We literally only go there to listen to Elsa sing "Let It Go".

Again,👏 YOU👏 TOOK👏 A👏 SCREENSHOT👏

You could've paused it at any moment and say, "Look Anna's eyes are closed as that's a weird shape her lips are making! She must be drunk!"

I'm not disputing any facts from the source material, or refusing to accept them. I've referred to proof and evidence from the source material a number of times. The claim that a large amount of facial expressions and body language were just glitches is dismissing the source material facts and refusing to listen to or accept presented facts, and there's no ifs, ands, or buts about *that.*

IF YOU'VE BEEN READING WHAT I'VE BEEN SAYING, I SAID THAT I DID NOT DISMISS FACIAL EXPRESSIONS AS GLITCHES. LITERALLY READ WHAT I JUST WROTE.

... I Have No Idea What You're Saying

Elsa is a Princess of Heart with power over ice and water, all the Princesses of Heart are connected to one another and all possess darkness - Elrena/Larxene even specifically says that Elsa needs to choose her light over her darkness to become a New Seven Heart - and you battle the watery Darkside on a surface of water.

Anna is a Princess of Heart who complements Elsa and who is emotional - which can be interpreted as 'fiery' - who Sora has connected to even more strongly than he's connected to Kairi, Riku, Donald, and Goofy, as evidenced when he feels Anna's pain in his heart from outside Elsa's ice palace when Elsa shoots Anna in the heart with the ice fragment even though Sora doesn't feel anyone else's pain in the entire KINGDOM HEARTS series but Roxas' and Riku's, and Roxas has merged with Sora before Sora feels Roxas' pain and Kairi needs to join hands with Sora and Riku before Sora can feel Riku's pain, and who might be beginning to fall in love with, be falling in love with, or have fallen in love with Sora.

What? I can't even understand you.

Kairi entered Sora, as you said, because of Aqua. It had nothing to do with her heart not having any darkness. That Kairi's heart entered Sora's *because* of Aqua is more evidence that Kairi possesses darkness. If not for Aqua, Kairi might have become a Heartless when she lost her heart.

... I have no idea what you're arguing against. Please put the quoted message up.

Further evidence that the fragments of Kairi's heart connected to individual enemies belong to Elsa, Rapunzel, and Anna, respectively, is in how Nomura draws his character designs. In FINAL FANTASY VII, Sefer/Safer Sephiroth's one shoulder angelic wing is shaded in the colors of Jenova's three forms. Nomura pays *specific attention* to the small details of his drawings, as any good illustrative artist does.

Ok.
How does saying this prove anything?

THE PRINCESSES OF HEART HAVE NO DARKNESS IN THEM.

STOP BEATING A FRICKIN' DEAD HORSE.

Sincerely,
astertide

Last edited:

Lacan Valeth

I'll Edit in responses to the newest Posts later, or write another Post if someone else, or multiple other people, have written one or more other Posts.

Piccolo Sky just spoiled more of FROZEN for me.

According to him, Anna *never* sings the 'Do you wanna' build a snowman?' song to anyone but Elsa in FROZEN, and he might have meant she never sings it to anyone but Elsa in FROZEN 2 as well.

Yet she sang it to Sora.

*That* is factual proof that Anna feels an *extremely* strong emotional connection to Sora.

Paul

"We only have each other"-Anna
KINGDOM HEARTS III

astertide

Awards
I'll Edit in responses to the newest Posts later, or write another Post if someone else, or multiple other people, have written one or more other Posts.

Piccolo Sky just spoiled more of FROZEN for me.

According to him, Anna *never* sings the 'Do you wanna' build a snowman?' song to anyone but Elsa in FROZEN, and he might have meant she never sings it to anyone but Elsa in FROZEN 2 as well.

Yet she sang it to Sora.

*That* is factual proof that Anna feels an *extremely* strong emotional connection to Sora.

Paul

"We only have each other"-Anna
KINGDOM HEARTS III

Yes, but she sang it when she was thinking about ELSA, and if you read the lyrics of the song, it's clearly about ELSA.

Lacan Valeth

Astertide:
I know full well that it's about Elsa and that Anna is thinking about Elsa. Of course I read the lyrics of the song.

The issue is that Anna doesn't *sing* it to anyone but Elsa.

It doesn't matter who Anna is thinking about as she sings it. She doesn't sing it to anyone but *Elsa.* And, further according to Piccolo Sky, it's a very special song to the two of them and their bond, and to how much Anna loves Elsa and wants to protect her and be there for her.

It's a song that is *incredibly* representative of Anna's bond with Elsa, how much Anna loves Elsa, how much Anna wants to protect and be there for and care for and cherish Elsa, how devoted to Elsa Anna is, and how close Anna and Elsa are, and it's *incredibly* private and *incredibly* personal to the two of them.

So Anna would *not* sing that song to Sora unless she trusted Sora an *extreme* amount, felt *extremely* safe around Sora, and felt an *extreme* emotional connection to him.

Paul

"They say, 'have courage' and I'm trying to"-Anna
KINGDOM HEARTS III

Last edited:

astertide

Awards
Astertide:
I know full well that it's about Elsa and that Anna is thinking about Elsa. Of course I read the lyrics of the song.

It doesn't matter who Anna is thinking about as she sings it. She doesn't sing it to anyone but *Elsa.* And, further according to Piccolo Sky, it's a very special song to the two of them and their bond, and to how much Anna loves Elsa and wants to protect her and be there for her.

So Anna would *not* sing that song to Sora unless she trusted Sora an *extreme* amount, felt *extremely* safe around Sora, and felt an *extreme* emotional connection to him.

Paul

KINGDOM HEARTS III

But she's not singing it to Sora. She's singing it to Elsa, and Sora, of course, just happens to be there. Like in every other world.
But Anna is naïve and she always trusts EVERYONE she meets, not just Sora. It ain't "proof" of an emotional connection.

Idreamaboutcats

Awards
I've been telling the others to do something for days, get ignored every time :p
Shock value entertainment, I guess. Aside from a rhythm game nearly everyone is going to suck in (including yours truly), there’s been a news drought lately when it comes to the series.

Guy even sent me a long-ass PM which I didn’t bother to read. Deleted it right away, but still creeped me out.

How long do you think this is gonna last? The last troll I (in my previous and forgotten account) encountered was someone named…Larxene012 and that person lasted maybe, 1 or 2 weeks before a ban?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I've been telling the others to do something for days, get ignored every time :p

Honestly, I'm just proud of everybody standing up against this chaos and have been trying to see where this chaos would go. We've need some unity around here lol

(Also because I'm a big dum-dum, I can't read these posts at all to parse any of it so I'm honestly lost and confused and need an adult)

Astertide:

It's a song that is *incredibly* representative of Anna's bond with Elsa, how much Anna loves Elsa, how much Anna wants to protect and be there for and care for and cherish Elsa, how devoted to Elsa Anna is, and how close Anna and Elsa are, and it's *incredibly* private and *incredibly* personal to the two of them.

Paul

KINGDOM HEARTS III

She sang the song to Sora because Nomura and probably like half the devs are freaking musical theater kids and wanted "Do You Wanna Build A Snowman" in the game.

How long do you think this is gonna last? The last troll I (in my previous and forgotten account) encountered was someone named…Larxene012 and that person lasted maybe, 1 or 2 weeks before a ban?

Don't say her name! She might come back again D:

Also please report harassment!

Last edited:

Idreamaboutcats

Awards
Don't say her name! She might come back again D:

Also please report harassment.
Yes, yes, sorry about that😂 but God she was something alright. She was a Pinker in purest form minus the shipping. Her posts were the second most “trolliest” thing I’ve ever seen in these forums.

Ah well, too late for that since I deleted the PM and have the guy on ignore, so I can’t provide evidence; but honestly it doesn’t matter to me anymore because sticks and stones and all that.

Lacan Valeth

Astertide:
It doesn't matter that Anna is singing it to Elsa. I'm aware that Anna is naive and too trusting, but she doesn't sing 'I Wanna' Build A Snowman' to anyone else she trusts too easily, such as Hans, who she naively trusts so much she *engages* him within less than a day.

Oracle Spockanort:
You should give Nomura more credit than that. He's a skilled writer with years of experience, and friends and co-workers who are as good as or better than him, an amount still in Square ENiX, an amount who left it for Monolith Soft because Square ENiX wouldn't fund another XENOGEARS Game.

He, and the other developers, are *not* going to write Anna in any way that is as drastically out of character as you're saying, no matter how much they like music. Nomura wouldn't have had Anna sing that song to Sora unless there was a *very* good reason for it.

Paul

"Do you wanna' build a snowman?"-Anna
KINGDOM HEARTS III

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back