• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Screenshots From KH3 And KH3: RE MIND That Give Good Interpretative Evidence That Kairi And the Princesses Of Heart Possess Darkness

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Trapinchmon

Oh man, astertide is a baby. Well, in this case, I can say astertide is a fourteen year old fandom kid who's gonna have fun and enjoy fandom for a long time to come, as a kid should. Kingdom Hearts is definitely old though...but it's cool that there's such a wide breadth of ages in this fandom.

Be careful about responding to weirdos though, aster. It's super tempting to poke the hornet's nest, which I totally understand, but I'll admit I was worried for you since I knew Paul was an adult and definitely not with it. Anyone weird that tries to PM you on any site should get the boot ASAP. Forums I think work out better because there's a cavalry but also not all forums are KHInsider, which I think has excellent modship. /shakes Granny cane

I mean, in this case, I think it's fine. But I shake my cane regardless!

Anyways, fretting aside, AO3 is an excellent site and deserves all the patronage. FFnet is like, a leaky motel in comparison.

Also Paul just makes me tired. I feel bad for the guy but the toxic atmosphere around him is palpable. Golly.

astertide

Awards
Be careful about responding to weirdos though, aster. It's super tempting to poke the hornet's nest, which I totally understand, but I'll admit I was worried for you since I knew Paul was an adult and definitely not with it. Anyone weird that tries to PM you on any site should get the boot ASAP. Forums I think work out better because there's a cavalry but also not all forums are KHInsider, which I think has excellent modship. /shakes Granny cane

Thanks so much for that! The thing is, I replied to his messages just because I thought we were just having a friendly debate over some stupid Princess of Heart and darkness stuff. Unlike others, he didn't PM me and so I didn't know he was harassing anyone in PMs. Otherwise, I wouldn't've replied. But thank you so much, haha :D

Trapinchmon

Thanks so much for that! The thing is, I replied to his messages just because I thought we were just having a friendly debate over some stupid Princess of Heart and darkness stuff. Unlike others, he didn't PM me and so I didn't know he was harassing anyone in PMs. Otherwise, I wouldn't've replied. But thank you so much, haha :D

Of course. ✌

I didn't realize you were so young otherwise I would have said something sooner, haha. In this case, it worked out well! You have a good head on your shoulders, so that helps too.

.:Mega:.

Awards
I'd feel worse for Paul if he hadn't harassed me so much and REPEATEDLY ignored my boundaries. Even when I asked him to stop sending me so many reviews and lengthy messages- he did not stop. He kept going. I posted those quotes specifically to make a case for just how gnarly the harassment got. Even then, I'd much rather he LEARN from this ban, LEARN from the fact that people got pissed, and just... actually reflect on his actions and words for once.

But reading Akai's document with the YEARS of emails and anecdotes compiled... I don't see that happening. The behaviors there, from YEARS ago, match up with the messages he sent me. :/ Hell, I know for a fact he ranted about me to another KH fanfic author in her PMs (as well as spamming HER reviews page and mentioning me a lot there, too). It's just... idk.

I can only say "please respect boundaries" so many times. I think the mods were smart to take action here. I do personally think the riffing on his fics was kinda harsh, but I also do think the attitude towards ship names and stuff is still... frustrating, to put it lightly.

tbh, astertide, I'm impressed with your patience, too! That's... a lot of debating and a LOT of lengthy posts to read. Especially such circular arguments. That's gotta be draining. Especially since you are so much younger- still surprised! But also impressed. I hope you continue to enjoy KH for years to come. :)

Idreamaboutcats

Awards
Idk, while I give aster credit on being patient, it’s also an important lesson to know when enough is enough and to firmly shut the other party down.

Then again…that guy doesn’t look like he’s the type to be shut down…

Also, gross! If only he can face reality and accept he won’t find friends except maybe 4chan at the rate he’s going.

Trapinchmon

I'd feel worse for Paul if he hadn't harassed me so much and REPEATEDLY ignored my boundaries. Even when I asked him to stop sending me so many reviews and lengthy messages- he did not stop. He kept going. I posted those quotes specifically to make a case for just how gnarly the harassment got. Even then, I'd much rather he LEARN from this ban, LEARN from the fact that people got pissed, and just... actually reflect on his actions and words for once.

But reading Akai's document with the YEARS of emails and anecdotes compiled... I don't see that happening. The behaviors there, from YEARS ago, match up with the messages he sent me. :/ Hell, I know for a fact he ranted about me to another KH fanfic author in her PMs (as well as spamming HER reviews page and mentioning me a lot there, too). It's just... idk.

Yeah. He's mentally unwell but there's no ignoring the damage he has done. A part of me has a modicum of sympathy, but his history of noncompliance with people's boundaries and his own therapy is the opposite of encouraging.

I hope you're able to minimize your engagement with him soon, Mega. It'd be nice if all of this could be a weird anecdote instead of a well documented saga, haha.

Awards
Yeah, knowing when to stop is important. That's why I blocked him. I got so sick of arguing with him and getting spammed with 3000+ word messages I could barely keep up with on top of that. ._. I have a job. I have multiple projects. I have so many other priorities.

And believe me- I would've been MUCH happier with a peaceful resolution where everyone came to understand and respect each other's boundaries and comfort zones. This just didn't happen. He doubled down, if anything.

Same thing with these threads- so many points against the arguments were made and disregarded in favor of going harder and harder on the initial points.

But it is what it is. People are gonna think what they think. Noncanon ships and stuff are cool. Hell, my OTP never stood a chance, but it's important to be aware that one's own personal interpretation is not the same as Word of God.

Idreamaboutcats

Awards
Idk, tbh I would’ve probably turned out like him if it weren’t for the fact that I recognized I had signs of mental, err…differences, got myself diagnosed, and worked my ass off to not be like that. So I can sympathize with him juuuuuust a wee bit.

Harassment is defs not okay though.

I have to be honest though, he sure reminds me a lot of Chris-chan. He’d probably believe himself a descendant of Shakespeare or something if his mom told him and provided “proof.”

edit: and ignorance against undeniable proof, also bad.

HikariAre

Awards
I saw signs of abusive behavior in his PMs to me. I’m sad to see that I was right.

That said, like Mega, I also secretly hope that he learns something from this experience, if only so that he stops hurting others.

He hasn’t tried to message me at all after I asked him to stop, so maybe that’s something? Or maybe I’m reading too much into that. That abusive message you shared, while not surprising knowing what I know now, was shocking and quite scary.

Last edited:

Idreamaboutcats

Awards
I'm kinda curious what he's unwell with. I'd say NPD, but his messages are a little too unhinged for that. I don't think it's BPD either, because BPD people I know aren't so...what's a kind word for it....self-absorbed?

Awards
Oh, he was totally abusive. The amount of gaslighting and guilt tripping and using his friends to try and make me feel bad/threatened... Unreal. Like he legit said he was gonna tell his friends all about this and how they'd be heartbroken and all this other stuff.

But even what I went through hardly compares to the stuff in Akai's document. EDIT: Document removed. I just realized it included a surname and I don't want that posted on a public forum.

But honestly? I'm also surprised. When we first met he just seemed like someone who was REALLY into Kingdom Hearts and liked to theorize and share fic ideas. I was chill with talking. It's really only RECENTLY that I started getting red flags when I came back online to FFN after a short break to find 10 separate PM chains started.

It's just... surreal. I've been a content creator for over a decade. While Antipode never picked up BIG momentum, my Undertale comic, Inverted Fate, has and THIS is the first time I've had a fan interaction that dipped into... well. I think this whole debacle speaks for itself. :p

But hey, if nothing else, it gave me incentive to pop in and talk to you cool peeps. I hadn't been on KHI in a while, haha. Then one of his "reviews" mentioned how he learned about the Fortellers' name meanings on the forums and he used that to compare me to Luxu and I just went, "welp."

Last edited:

Idreamaboutcats

Awards
You know what’s crazy? The weirdo claimed he knew the source material really well, and then obviously shows that he didn’t, even asking us for scenes, proofs, vids, etc. He hasn’t even seen the films.

Well, we’re glad to have you here. At least there’s one thing good that came out of that guy. Casual, fun-loving fans are coming out of the woodwork and gathering together to complain about him.

edit: is it possible to get someone committed to a mental ward without consent even if they technically haven’t committed a crime?

edit of edit: I hope I didn’t break any rules by being mean and calling him a creep and a weirdo, but Paul, if you’re reading what Akai wrote, you need a reality check. You’re overdue for one.

Last edited:

Idreamaboutcats

Awards
He definitely ruined Gundam for me. I’m no mod, but I did find one good reason you should unlink that, or at least edit it a bit. I’ll PM it to you.

edit: my God, I can’t believe I slogged through that whole letter, on the same day my dog died too! I don’t really know what to feel about it. Had I been younger and just as naive as I was, I’d have tried to befriend him out of companionship. I still find him creepy and weird, but I can’t help feel a bit of pity there and wonder…what caused him to be like that? Is it really just hormonal and genetic defects? Environment? Lifestyle?

Last edited:

Awards
Ack. I was informed that some of the doc included personal information that was a bit too much for a public forum so I removed the link to be safe. Really sorry I didn't catch that sooner! :(

And yeah, like. Again, I'd much rather he improve as a person and learn from everything. The only reason Akai documented all of this was because he's been more prevalent in the fandom of late and wanted to give a heads up. I definitely don't think he should be chased out of the fandom... but I also genuinely wish he would listen to what people are actually saying, y'know?

My condolences about your dog, tho. :(

Last edited:

Idreamaboutcats

Awards
Not related to Paul, but thank you. I’m so upset, especially since it’s night and he just died, so I can’t bury him because HOA rules. All I can do is put the body in a plastic bag until the morning and regret so many things.

I think I’m coping by at least distracting myself with the forums. I keep making a lot of spelling mistakes though and have to backspace often. I swear to God, if (and that’s a very big IF) I get to heaven, he’ll be the very first thing I’ll hug and apologize to.

Awards
Just take it at your own pace. For what it's worth, though, I get it. When I lost my last kitty, it was really hard on me. I'd had him for a long time and he got very sick very suddenly. It was awful to watch him decline. :(

But I'm sure your doggy loved you very much. I know that probably doesn't mean much, but I do hope you feel better soon.

Bah, though. It's such a weird feeling- knowing that someone obviously has problems and their pain shouldn't be disregarded but also not wanting to turn a blind eye to all the crappy things they've done. I wonder if KHI has ever had situations like this in the past, though. It is one of the bigger KH forums.

Idreamaboutcats

Awards
Thank you, I’m sorry about your kitty too. I think what hurts the most was how sudden it was, or rather, how it seemed sudden. I keep thinking how I should’ve seen the signs, like how he doesn’t wag his tail anymore, how his food bowl wasn’t empty right away like it used to be. It’s the little things that get to me and makes me angry at myself.

I don’t recall anyone of that magnitude here; worst I’ve seen was theory trolls and Nomura or Kairi haters. Then again, the staff should know more than I do about that.

Awards
I'm just glad my friend chickenscrews decided to help me push past the writers block that this whole mess caused. ._. Because I tell ya. Getting TWO PAGES of "reviews" that amount to... nothing related to my story and a lot of "please respond to my messages" really made me just wanna. Detach from the whole thing for a while.

But I think it's just healthier to focus on the good and not let one guy ruin it for me. xP

astertide

Awards
I'm just glad my friend chickenscrews decided to help me push past the writers block that this whole mess caused. ._. Because I tell ya. Getting TWO PAGES of "reviews" that amount to... nothing related to my story and a lot of "please respond to my messages" really made me just wanna. Detach from the whole thing for a while.

But I think it's just healthier to focus on the good and not let one guy ruin it for me. xP
For what it's worth, I love your stories. I realised I've read some of them before on Ao3!

Back