• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Screenshots From KH3 And KH3: RE MIND That Give Good Interpretative Evidence That Kairi And the Princesses Of Heart Possess Darkness

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

.:Mega:.

Awards
I blocked him on FFN and he still sends me lengthy messages via anon reviews. ._. It's frustrating because I don't feel comfortable talking to someone who refuses to accept my orientation and took it as an affront toward his friends. He actually said I am "as bad as Luxu" in one of those messages... and then begged me to defend him here. So like. Idk, man. I'm not even insulted? Just baffled. That somehow I'm ~eeeeeevil~ because I won't apologize to his friends for... being myself. Lawl.

"Aromantic doesn't exist. Period."

Legit. He said that to me. And called me a "puppeteer" and acted like I "used his friends against him." It was nuts.

If he had stuck to discussing my fic in a reasonable amount and didn't spam my reviews page or my inbox with unwanted personal anecdotes, maybe it woulda been different. I also know someone who has been trying to shake him for a very, very long time, so... yeah. :/ It's unfortunate. He probably will be back on an alt.

Like I said, when I first started talking to him, I didn't mind. He was clearly invested in my fics and it was nice to have someone to talk to about 'em. But I draw the line at aphobia and harassment.

astertide

Awards
I'm surprised he has so many friends.

I also read his fanfic.

It's... confusing, at best.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
@.:Mega:. I am also aromantic so I'm genuinely creeped out at his behavior. Like cool, thanks for the invalidation. He can get pissed about people insinuating he might be gay (which they weren't) but people can't get mad at him for being upset that he is ignoring their orientation. What a guy :rolleyes:

pastel.goblin

Awards
I'm surprised he has so many friends.
I mean... are they actually his friends or just the very few people who write fanfiction to his ridiculous standards? If he's not a troll the guy obviously has stupidly skewed ideas when it comes to love and friendship, wouldn't surprise me if they're just writers he idolises. If they are his actual friends and think the way he does... shudder

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
I'm learning so many terms from this site. Antis, neckbeard, edge lord... I've only heard about 4chan and reddit, that they are places where far right extremism thrives. Sort of like Yahoo comments, right? I learned "incel" elsewhere. I had known "asexual" going a long time back, but not "aromantic."

Funny is I grew up on reading fics on Fanfiction.net, but I thought it was a site that wasn't really used anymore. At least, I haven't visited there in years and only ever read things on archiveofourown.org now.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I'm learning so many terms from this site. Antis, neckbeard, edge lord... I've only heard about 4chan and reddit, that they are places where far right extremism thrives. Sort of like Yahoo comments, right? I learned "incel" elsewhere. I had known "asexual" going a long time back, but not "aromantic."

Funny is I grew up on reading fics on Fanfiction.net, but I thought it was a site that wasn't really used anymore. At least, I haven't visited there in years and only ever read things on archiveofourown.org now.

AO3 and Wattpad are the more popular sites now, with Wattpad skewing younger and AO3 skewing older.

disney233

Awards
I'm gonna be real here......I never said it, but now I can say it. His tyraid about fanfiction writers broke me. I was...actually goddamn pissed. Like...how disgusting do you have to be to denounce fanfic writers for making FAN FICTION. I myself am a fanfic writer and that...honestly was disgusting to read. People make fanfiction for fun, HELL PEOPLE FUCKING WRITE FOR FUN, fanfiction or not. They have ideas, they do some writing. Stressed? Writing can be soothing. Writing FICTION can be soothing, WRITING ANYTHING CAN BE SOOTHING. IT SHOULD NOT MATTER AND HIS MINDSET IS DISGUSTING AND WARPED. Disgusting, sickening, and he needs to grow the hell up. It's freaking fun to toss around different ideas and scenarios for your favorite characters, be it Kingdom Hearts or whatever. If he can't accept that, then he has the GALL to call himself a fanfic writer, himself.

astertide

Awards
I hate FFN. There aren't any tags, so you have no idea what you're expecting at all. Wattpad is slightly better, but it lags a lot for me. I guess people like it because you can put covers on your fanfics. I hate Wattpad's search system, though.

My go-to is Ao3. You can change the site skin, put in as many tags as you want from as many fandoms as you want. Especially me, whose an INFP that's always terrified on whether people like my works, YOU. CAN. TAG. :O. So people know what they're reading. The search bar is AMAZING- YOU CAN SORT BY KUDOS OR DATE UPDATED, YOU CAN GET RID OF SHIPS YOU DON'T LIKE, CROSSOVERS YOU DON'T WANT :O Ao3 is like THE perfect fanfiction site.

On FFN and Wattpad, I'd always stumble into smut or something that I never read. Ao3 hardly has this problem, though.

Edit: I also forgot about all the ads on FFN. The ads are the worst. Especially the ones IN THE MIDDLE of a story.

Last edited:

Elysium

Be Wiser Than the Serpent
Awards
Yeah, I always sort by Kudos or Bookmarks to get to the good stories. The tags help though, because I really only want romance fics, not you know... The overly graphic stuff.

astertide

Awards
What is it at worst?

Another place to dump his wild, unrealistic theories disguised by long words.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I've already found something to pick at. In the AUTHOR'S NOTES.

Pre-Story Author's Notes - The story is preceded by five paragraphs of Author's notes, one in which he namedrops the full names of eight composers when he only needed to say one AND also uses "or" for all of them instead of commas:

--------------------
The title of this Fanfiction is taken from the title of what is, by far, my favourite piece of music in my entire life, be that musical historical or classical, such as Johann Sebastian Bach or Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart or Ludwig Von Beethoven or Peter Ilich Tsaichovsky, or contemporary or modern, such as Yasunori Mitsuda or Hitoshi Sakimoto or Yoko Shimomura or Motoi Sakuraba. That piece is Yasunori Mitsuda's Track Six from Disc Three of CHRONO CROSS Original Soundtrack, from the Role-Playing Game CHRONO CROSS, 'The Girl Who Stole The Star.'
--------------------

You don't need to say all that. You can literally shorten it to:

"The title of this fanfic is based on the song from the Chrono Cross OST by Yasunori Mitsuda."

ONE SENTENCE OF EIGHTEEN WORDS. JUST EIGHTEEN WORDS. NO COMMAS NEEDED.

astertide

Awards
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter 1
- In which Elrena calls Luxu a "treacherous slimeball" and he gets upset. Half the words are in italics, making them overdramatic, exaggerated and hard to read. The chapter title was partially cut off and it's hilarious. Here's the best part at the start. (There aren't actually ellipses there, I just won't bore you with making you read all of it.)

--------------------
"Don't you dare touch me again, you treacherous slimeball!" Elrena snarled.

He was treacherous?!

Luxu had a very thick skin, but there were some insults even he wouldn't tolerate.
--------------------

LMAO, THAT IS A TERRIBLE INSULT. EVEN JUST SWEARING AT HIM WOULD BE A LITTLE MORE IN-CHARACTER AND MORE EFFECTIVE.

HikariAre

Awards
If he actually is one, that is seriously gross. He harassed me in PMs (which I never read because it’s still a long ass wall of text), pretended to be a white knight for Hikari, who like, only appeared for around 1 or 2 days in this forum then disappeared (I’m actually of the mind s/he may be an alt by one of the staff to try and placate him, but failed, but if not, sorry Hikari), not to mention insulted the craft of writing in general.

Yeah I pretty much ducked out when he began harassing me in PMs after I responded to his thread like four times trying to convince him to stop breaking the rules. I regret engaging with this person.

Awards

Chapter 1
- In which Elrena calls Luxu a "treacherous slimeball" and he gets upset. Half the words are in italics, making them overdramatic, exaggerated and hard to read. The chapter title was partially cut off and it's hilarious. Here's the best part at the start. (There aren't actually ellipses there, I just won't bore you with making you read all of it.)

--------------------
"Don't you dare touch me again, you treacherous slimeball!" Elrena snarled.

He was treacherous?!

Luxu had a very thick skin, but there were some insults even he wouldn't tolerate.
--------------------

LMAO, THAT IS A TERRIBLE INSULT. EVEN JUST SWEARING AT HIM WOULD BE A LITTLE MORE IN-CHARACTER AND MORE EFFECTIVE.
Treacherous Slimeball sounds like something someone in the 18th Century would say

astertide

Awards

Chapter 2
- In which Luxord is revealed to be Ven's Nobody, Vanitas is Yozora AND the Master of Masters and all this is revealed by Kairi in fifteen sentences. One of those sentences of dialogue is 67 words long plus 36 words of Sora widening his eyebrows. Also, Sora is using insanely long words that I'm sure that canon!Sora has never heard of. This guy makes his sentences SUPER long and uses sooooo many noise words that it's tiring to read. It's not that he doesn't use commas, he just uses them unnecessarily. When he does need commas when listing, he uses the word "or".

--------------------
"A lot has happened," Kairi continued. "Xehanort himself was a puppet whose heart was treated as a bottle on a shelf," Sora's eyes widened further, "And his strings were pulled by Vanitas," Sora kept his eyes from widening even more. It was likely that was going to keep happening repeatedly if he let them. " - not the Vanitas you know, the Vanitas you know is a child version of the genuine Vanitas with his memories gone - and Xigbar, who is actually a Keyblade Master named Luxu from the ancient age of fairy tales before the First Keyblade War. Xehanort's No Name originally belonged to Luxu, and to Vanitas, whose true name is Yozora," Sora let his eyes widen once more at that one.
--------------------

I-
No lead-in. No... It's literally just an info dump.
Maybe this guy should stick to essays.

--------------------
"Okay," Sora addressed them all, and Riku's and Kairi's and Terra's and Aqua's and Ven's eyes and faces showed varying degrees of surprise and dismay, and even terror and horror, especially Riku's and Terra's.

Had they caught something in his voice?

Sora had shrugged it off mentally. It didn't matter.
--------------------

... All those words to end with "It didn't matter." And... What? What's the point of pretending... something if you realise that your friends can see through your voice, and then you say "It didn't matter"? wha...? Why did he shrug it off? I'm so confused... Or was the point that Sora was using darkness and did... something? But then why would he ask if they caught something in his voice if he... didn't
You could've shortened it by SO MANY WORDS.
Sora, being Sora, wouldn't use those long words. At least not so... technological, words. Maybe something more poetic.
If Sora felt like people were watching him, or looking at him weirdly, I'd use rather short sentences to emphasise the heart beating fast and the breath quickening.
And instead of saying that they're faces "showed dismay," I'd describe what their faces actually looked like. What do Aqua and Terra look like when they're dismayed?
Also, would the characters really show dismay at Sora's voice? Wouldn't worry or concern be more appropriate?

Below is how I would've written it. Except I'm confused at what the whole paragraph is even trying to say. But nevermind about that.
====================
For example, if Sora was keeping a secret:

"Okay," Sora said, hoping his voice wouldn't give anything away.

He breathed in deeply, just barely catching the slight crinkle of Aqua's brow and the worried flash across Terra's eyes.

Alright, so maybe he wasn't as good at pretending as he'd thought he was, but that was fine!
It wasn't like he couldn't keep a secret from Kairi or Riku for long, anyway.

====================
Or for another example, if Sora didn't know what was wrong, or intentionally repressing, or whatever:

"Okay," Sora said warily.

Why was everyone looking at him like that? He wondered, noting the way Aqua's brow crinkled, and Terra's eyes flashed in... worry? Concern?

Why would they be worried?

He was fine.

Everything was fine.
====================

astertide

Awards
Wait, I missed this part!

1603072264402.png

.-.

IS THIS A SOKAI OR SORANNA FIC MAKE UP YOUR MIND AND IF IT'S ALSO SORANNA THEN TAG SORANNA NOT JUST SOKAI

nononoooononononoononononnnononononononononononoonnononoonnonononnnnnonnonononnnononononooono

Idreamaboutcats

Awards
I mean, you’re not wrong. Reddit is a notorious cesspool of idiots, but mostly because of the political subreddits. If you avoid those subs, you’re pretty much in the safezone sharing things with people who have the same interests. In my case, I like food, so I’m subbed to r/food which is purely about food and some recipes, and a few other subs that have no political discussion whatsoever.
I'm gonna be real here......I never said it, but now I can say it. His tyraid about fanfiction writers broke me. I was...actually goddamn pissed. Like...how disgusting do you have to be to denounce fanfic writers for making FAN FICTION. I myself am a fanfic writer and that...honestly was disgusting to read. People make fanfiction for fun, HELL PEOPLE FUCKING WRITE FOR FUN, fanfiction or not. They have ideas, they do some writing. Stressed? Writing can be soothing. Writing FICTION can be soothing, WRITING ANYTHING CAN BE SOOTHING. IT SHOULD NOT MATTER AND HIS MINDSET IS DISGUSTING AND WARPED. Disgusting, sickening, and he needs to grow the hell up. It's freaking fun to toss around different ideas and scenarios for your favorite characters, be it Kingdom Hearts or whatever. If he can't accept that, then he has the GALL to call himself a fanfic writer, himself.

Dude, don’t copy his habit of all-capping and bolding.😂 But yeah, I get what you mean. Pretty sure the great authors he mentioned like Lewis or Tolkien would never have an ounce of respect for a weirdo like him. How hypocritical can he possibly be? He can’t even speak his “friends’” real first names but compares them to the greats?

The title of this Fanfiction is taken from the title of what is, by far, my favourite piece of music in my entire life, be that musical historical or classical, such as Johann Sebastian Bach or Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart or Ludwig Von Beethoven or Peter Ilich Tsaichovsky, or contemporary or modern, such as Yasunori Mitsuda or Hitoshi Sakimoto or Yoko Shimomura or Motoi Sakuraba. That piece is Yasunori Mitsuda's Track Six from Disc Three of CHRONO CROSS Original Soundtrack, from the Role-Playing Game CHRONO CROSS, 'The Girl Who Stole The Star.'
My eyes! It buuurns!

Stop reading that shit before our brains die from necrosis or something.

(everyone else about FFN, AO3, and fanfiction in general)
I miss the old FFN; honestly if I ever go back to writing fanfiction (and that’s a veeery big IF), I don’t know whether to go back to FFN or sign up for AO3.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
nononononononooooonononononononooooonononononononooooonononononononooooonononononononooooonononononononooooo

Lord I feel like I'm reading this generation's My Immortal, except the writer isn't aware they are writing a parody and the grammar/spelling is too good to be ironic

astertide

Awards
nononononononooooonononononononooooonononononononooooonononononononooooonononononononooooonononononononooooo

Lord I feel like I'm reading this generation's My Immortal, except the writer isn't aware they are writing a parody and the grammar/spelling is too good to be ironic

This is like My Immortal, but too far in the other direction. Instead of underuse of punctuation, spelling and complex words, it's an overuse. By like, a lot.

Don't compare it to My Immortal. My Immortal was so bad it was good. This is a love letter between arrogance and stupidity.

Back