• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Screenshots From KH3 And KH3: RE MIND That Give Good Interpretative Evidence That Kairi And the Princesses Of Heart Possess Darkness

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

astertide

Awards
Wait, actually, Hans is also a redhead!
I thought he was a brunette, but nope, redhead haha!

1602911600441.png

Sora x Hans = Sohans? Sorans? Hanso? Hansor?

Also Iduna, the mother of Elsa and Anna. I mean, we don't exactly see her, but she's still in the franchise in the franchise, so...
She's technically a brunette, but her hair was redder when she was younger.
1602911969841.png

Sora x Iduna = Soraduna? Idunora? Soruna?

yall are forgetting when he met sally in the nightmare before christmas world

LMAO I FORGOT ABOUT THAT

Sora x Sally = Sosal? Salsora? Sallyso?

I'm having too much fun with this LOL

Guys, you forgot Lightning! Pink hair counts as red too!

Then Lauriam/Marluxia also counts lmao

Sora x Lightning = Lightnora? SoLight? Soraghting? (oh light)
Sora x Lauriam = Soriam? Solaur? Lauriso? ... Solaura?
Sora x Marluxia = Soraluxia? Sorluxia? Marlyso?

Idreamaboutcats

Awards
Sora x Robin Hood
Sora x Maid Marian
Sora x Lumpy
Sora x Piglet
Sora x Julius

Edit: Okay, I think I’ve had enough fun. This guy still creeps me out, so I’ll go back to refraining on replying to his threads for now.

Edit of edit: I forgot Roxanne! Sora x Roxanne

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Oracle Spockanort:
I'm not talking to myself. I have a number of friends who feel similarly to me and who enjoy fandom media and art as they're meant to be enjoyed. One, a close friend of mine named Amber, even created one of the best XENOGEARS WebSites and Fanfiction archives around. Another close friend of mine, named Nanaki, isn't the sole person from IcyBrian's other than I who frown on fandom's popular culture practices. *A lot* of Fanfiction authors don't care for Fanfiction.Net and other popular culture Fanfiction and fandom nonsense. Some Post on Fanfiction.Net themselves, yes - though I refused to Post there until early 2018, and I still prefer not to more often than not - but there are a *lot* of people other than I myself who frown on popular culture Fanfiction and popular culture fandom practices and feel and think similarly to me.

Though it doesn't matter how many people agree with me. Majority =/= right.

However, this *isn't* just me. I'm just one of a large number of people who have little to no tolerance for popular culture Fanfiction and fandom, and we *do* enjoy fandom media.

Don't tell me that I need to 'operate within popular culture confines' as though they're 'regular artistic confines.' They're not.

It you want regular artistic confines, try Icy Brian's, Guardian Angels, Rocket Town if it's still up, The Phantasy Star Pages, The Shrine to Ghaleon, or any number of other Fanfiction WebSites that treat Fanfiction as *art.*

I'm not criticizing anything with erroneous data. *Popular culture perspectives* are the erroneous data.

Face My Fears:
Yet once more, I'm not saying Sora returns Anna's feelings if any romance is involved on her side.

And I *don't* distort bonds. I *wouldn't* be arguing Anna might feel anything different than friendship love for Sora if I wasn't able to cross-reference her words, facial expressions, and body language with those of a lot of people in a lot of other stories. I *loathe* random pairings... It's one of the reasons I back up Ava and Ephemer's romantic love so much. I *loathe* the wholly unsubstantiated and out-of-character Ava/Gula pairing. It's currently my newest least favorite random out-of-character 'romance.' Gula might have romantic feelings for Ava, but they *are not* returned. Ava is tense and uncomfortable around Gula much of the time. She's more relaxed and at ease around Ephemer than anyone else, and more considerate of Ephemer's feelings than any of the Foretellers'.

Trapinchmon:
Those 'individual WebSites' are the 'big Sites.' Fanfiction.Net isn't - it's popular culture garbage nonsense.

And even if you *did* call Fanfiction.Net a Fanfiction archive, it's a general Fanfiction archive. IcyBrian's Fanfiction archive is the largest Role-Playing Game Fanfiction archive Online.

Fourteen-year-olds and people goofing off have no requirement to create professional literary *masterpieces,* but they sure as heck have a requirement not to write out-of-character random 'romantic' pairings where two people supposedly 'fall in love' without the relationship developing and the story doesn't acknowledge the character's other bonds as equally important, et cetera. Fourteen-year-olds and people goofing off, et cetera, *did* take friendship, family, romance, themes, philosophy, plot, and setting seriously on The Phantasy Star Pages, The Shrine to Ghaleon, Guardia, IcyBrian's, Rocket Town, Square Net, and elsewhere before Fanfiction.Net came around. They didn't all produce masterpieces like Jerm's PERENNIAL TRIGGER trilogy, Keith Adams' CHRONO TRIGGER: THE SHADOWS, Nanaki's THE ORIGIN/AFTERMATH OF MOUNT WOE and TEMPO TRIGGER, MarkedCain's CHRONO CONTINUUM, Junj's JENOVA PROJECT/CLOUD COVER, Tamerine's unnamed series of WILD ARMS one-shot stories and her FINAL FANTASY VII: TWISTED, Amber's/Myaru's SHADOWS FALLING and SHINONOME, Arcana's story about Emeralda's origins that I can't recall the name of, The Captain's CRISIS FROM THE HEAVENS, MadamHydra's CONFLICTS OF INTEREST, and Nightsong's PRELUDE TO DESTRUCTION: DARK ANGEL, to name fifteen of them, but they *did* produce art, even if it was amateur-level art.

Most of Fanfiction.Net's writers don't.

It doesn't matter if you're not truly interested in writing, or if you're an amateur writer writing for fun. If you're not going to take the characters and the story seriously and you're going to just distort them into caricatures with the names of the original characters who aren't the original characters at all, you shouldn't be writing.

Shiki was joking about Riku being 'her knight in shining armor.' She's a light-hearted person. There was no romance involved.

KeybladeLordSora:
How about *you* spend many years in your life reading and looking at a lot of well-written, if amateur-level, Fanfictions that take the creative writing process and characterization seriously and enjoying them, growing as a Fanfiction writer yourself with friends - such as Tamerine and Nanaki and Jerm and Amber and Nightsong and MarkedCain - and acquaintances as they grow, writing and sharing ideas and your love for Role-Playing Games with those friends and acquaintances; and then watching popular culture-catering idiots on a new archive that doesn't understand literary art and that should never have been created corrupt and distort much of what you love and value until it's *very difficult* to make new friends and acquaintances who value literary art and find good, amateur-level or better, stories.

Particularly if your dream is to be a professional writer of published fantasy and/or science fiction, as mine has been since my childhood. I'm not 'getting all fussy and up in arms.' I'm very upset for valid reasons about idiots who have no concept of art and literature wrecking much of what my friends and acquaintances and I have worked for and stand for.

Tamerine, *especially,* is a painful issue. Her FINAL FANTASY VII: TWISTED is what popularized the 'alternate reality version of an existing Role-Playing Game' Fanfiction story concept back in 1997 and 1998. Even before Fanfiction.Net came around, she was upset at being mimicked by a lot of lesser-quality alternate reality versions of other Role-Playing Games, she felt that that disgraced her story and the around a year of effort she'd put into writing it, and she regretted writing it. Now that Fanfiction.Net is around and that concept is a lot more widespread... it's *horrific.* Tamerine's FINAL FANTASY VII: TWISTED is one of the best Role-Playing Game Fanfiction stories around, it *is* a literary artistic masterpiece, and Tamerine was one of my first good Fanfiction writer friends, and the 'alternate reality' Fanfiction concept became a *nightmare* once Fanfiction.Net went up Online.

Do you have *any idea* what it's like to watch, helplessly, month after month, year after year, as one of your first good friend's best writings and one of her longest efforts to write that she told you became *a source of pain to her* after she spent a very long time putting her heart and soul into it even when there *wasn't* much Fanfiction of Fanfiction.Net's quality, is distorted and warped, again and again and again and again, endlessly and in more and more and more and more widespread ways?

You write an alternate reality Role-Playing Game Fanfiction and I'm in a position to talk to you about it, you measure up to Tamerine's characterization quality and theme quality and philosophy quality and attention-to-detail quality and setting quality and plot quality and write a story that is worthy of FINAL FANTASY VII: TWISTED, or you *will* hear about it from me, in no uncertain terms.

You *do not* hurt one of my friends, and you *do not* distort around a year of her best and most devoted efforts when she already became badly hurt that they were distorted to a lesser extent.

And it's not just Tamerine. *Most* of my friends' works are overlooked in favor of popular culture garbage. Amber's Fanfiction is on par with the best *published works* that I've read or looked at in my life, as are the Fanfictions of two other close friends of mine, Mieu - who I'm no longer in touch with - and Rem/Mirriem.

No one has personally attacked me, and if they had, I wouldn't care. But they *have* personally attacked Rem/Mirriem, Mieu, Amber, Nanaki, Jerm, another close friend of mine who I'm out of touch with named Croik, other friends of mine, and *especially* Tamerine.

I have *a very large amount* of reasons to be bitter and upset.

Paul

"Hands off my friends."-Roxas
KINGDOM HEARTS III
From that dissertation, I just want to say two things that didn't have anything to do with the response to me:
1) Who do you think you are to tell people that they shouldn't write fanfiction unless it falls into your insane requirements. After all, it's called FAN-FICTION. FANS are writing FICTIONAL stories about media they are FANS of, they're not writing it for mainstream or canon consumption. Saying people shouldn't be writing stories that they want to write is mean and insulting.

2) You boast this immense knowledge of all forms of storytelling and writing, yet you were not able to identify that Shiki was low-key flirting with Riku? To be honest, it wasn't that low-key.

Awards
Annoyingly long wall of text
thk0cfuthju21.jpg
Okay tbh, you're kinda sounding like a stuck up prick who's overexaggerating things. And not bothering with abbreviations is pretty damn annoying too.

Like, I really don't buy that your friend got all depressed because other people started making AU fanfics or something. Sounds like a load of bunk to me.

Oh, and if ya wanna argue masterpieces, here's one of my personal favs.

Lacan Valeth

Face My Fears:
They're not *my* insane requirements. They're the reasonable low-level requirements of most or all of the people who have been writing Fanfiction since 1996, and the wishes of someone who put her heart and soul for around a year into an artistic masterpiece believing that others would enjoy it and it would inspire others to create similar masterpieces and then watched it distorted and warped by a continually increasing amount of people.

It's not mean and insulting to say that people shouldn't write the stories that they want to write if they refuse to *write.* Which isn't an argument *I* came up with, by the way. This isn't one of *my* supposedly insane requirements. It's an argument my friends and acquaintances on IcyBrian used to attempt to put an end to the random 'romantic' pairings and combined names back in 2000 that were degrading Fanfiction literature.

I have no idea what the term 'low-key flirting' means, and Shiki *specifically said that she was joking.* That doesn't constitute flirting.

Paul

"Who do you think you are!? How dare you waltz in like that and open up her wounds!"-Rubedo 'Gaignun Kukai, Junior' Yuriev
XENOSAGA: Episode 3:
ALSO SPRACH ZARATHUSTRA

Idreamaboutcats

Awards
Edit: I think posting the subreddits here was a little too mean-spirited on my end, even if that guy creeps me out, so I edited this post to just contain this edit. Okay, NOW I’m done posting in his threads. Back to the Kairi and shipping threads I go!

Lacan Valeth

KeybladeLordSora:
I'm not stuck up at all. You're being stuck up. Do you know what caring about your friends and caring about other people's feelings are?

You don't know Tamerine. You don't know how she felt and thought. It's not 'a load of garbage.' You're *in no position whatsoever* to say what she went through.

Astertide:
Are you going to respond to the arguments that I created this Thread for? I didn't begin this Thread to cause my friends and acquaintances to be further attacked for no reason. And any attempt to say that Fanfiction should be held to low standards *is* an attack on my friends.

Can you please get this back on Topic?

Paul

"Yeah, I am a toy. And a friend. My guess is no one's ever loved you before. Because you know *nothing* about hearts and love."-Woody
KINGDOM HEARTS III

astertide

Awards
wait I just realised that Hercules and Phil are redheads, too

Sora x Hercules = Soracules? Hercora? Sorherc?
Sora x Phil = Sophil? Philso? Philra?

Merida from Brave?
Sora x Merida = Sorida? Meriso? Merora? Someri?

Jessie from Toy Story?
Sora x Jessie = Jessora? JesSo? Sorjess?

@Idreamaboutcats
Sora x Robin Hood = Sorahood? Robinora? Hoodora? Sorabin? Sorood? (lol)
Sora x Maid Marian = Sorarian? Sorian? Mariso? Marisora? Marianora? (sounds like marinara pizza)
Sora x Lumpy = Sumpy? Sompy? Sormpy? Lumra? Sorlum?
Sora x Piglet = Sorpig? Soralet? Soraglet? Soriglet? Sorglet? Pigora? Piglora? Piglera? Pisoletra?
Sora x Julius = Juliora? Juliso? Sorlius?
Sora x Roxanne = Roxso? Soranne? Roxora? Roxara?

lmao I love this :D

Just saw your post. Gonna get back on track now, haha.

Last edited:

astertide

Awards
Are you going to respond to the arguments that I created this Thread for? I didn't begin this Thread to cause my friends and acquaintances to be further attacked for no reason. And any attempt to say that Fanfiction should be held to low standards *is* an attack on my friends.

Can you please get this back on Topic?

Okay, I promise I will, but could you also please respond to the fanfiction points I made?

Trapinchmon

Uh, what. FFnet is very well known, even if it has slowed down substantially. It's like a nexus. If I asked random people if they knew IcyBrian's archive, chances are most of them won't have heard of it. I don't mean to say "individual website" disparagingly by the way. I wish they were still a big thing! It was nice.

I'm glad we agree FFnet is a fanfiction archive though. You know, for fanfiction and not the cryptid of the day, fake fanfiction.

Also, I gotta be real. All those names and titles are congealing into a word salad in my brain as we speak. The name drops actually speak more to the fact you're projecting your standards onto other people, actually? Those are all works that matter to you. And that's great that you found them inspiring! But let's use Chrono Trigger as an example. I don't know that game. Fanfics for it are not my wheelhouse. I do not have the background to appreciate them and never will. Painstakingly listing all of those works is thus unnecessary. It's also presumptuous to declare those people better than the ones on FFnet? The site has no bearing on them as people. That's just toxic to insist otherwise.

As an artist as well, I'm stumped on why you think people shouldn't write for fun? Goofing off is the best way to experiment. Young creators/beginners in general fizzle out so fast when they bog themselves down trying to make something perfect instead of making anything at all.

It is extremely egotistical to demand any measure of quality from the writing equivalent of doodling on lined paper.

This is not demanding that fic be held to low standards, but rather a request to acknowledge that people are at different skill levels and have different goals from what you feel is appropriate.

Lacan Valeth

Astertide:
*Thank you very much.*

I'll respond to your Fanfiction points tomorrow. I'm going to bed now.

Though there's no need to promise.

I also wrote a poem in the other Thread I've been talking to you in that I'm interested in your response to, even if it's just amusement or ridicule.

Paul

"Thanks."-Sora
KINGDOM HEARTS 3D: DREAM DROP DISTANCE

Face My Fears

She's not an "it"!
Awards
Face My Fears:
They're not *my* insane requirements. They're the reasonable low-level requirements of most or all of the people who have been writing Fanfiction since 1996, and the wishes of someone who put her heart and soul for around a year into an artistic masterpiece believing that others would enjoy it and it would inspire others to create similar masterpieces and then watched it distorted and warped by a continually increasing amount of people.

It's not mean and insulting to say that people shouldn't write the stories that they want to write if they refuse to *write.* Which isn't an argument *I* came up with, by the way. This isn't one of *my* supposedly insane requirements. It's an argument my friends and acquaintances on IcyBrian used to attempt to put an end to the random 'romantic' pairings and combined names back in 2000 that were degrading Fanfiction literature.

I have no idea what the term 'low-key flirting' means, and Shiki *specifically said that she was joking.* That doesn't constitute flirting.

Paul

"Who do you think you are!? How dare you waltz in like that and open up her wounds!"-Rubedo 'Gaignun Kukai, Junior' Yuriev
XENOSAGA: Episode 3:
ALSO SPRACH ZARATHUSTRA
1) The fact that you claim that there are these "requirements" for FAN FICTION is insane. All fan fiction writers are creating stories that are NOT CANON and are ALL DISTORTED versions of the original work. Regardless if one thing (example: the relationship from that work) happens to remain consistent. The very fact that you were attempting to "put an end" to others writers' outlets using media that they enjoy is insane and insulting. I don't care if you did this in 2000 or 1996 or 1906, that doesn't make your word the law on fan fiction.

2) It's evident you don't know what "low key flirting" is because the very fact that Shiki said that she was just joking CONFIRMS it was low key flirting. Where is your alleged colossal comprehension of literature? How do you not know what subtext is? Because there was a lot of valid subtext in Shiki/Riku's interaction that actually hints to Shiki liking Riku as more than a friend.

astertide

Awards
I swear this guy is a member of Critic's United
Are they still around?

I'd heard about them and that was one of the reasons why I switched from FFN to Ao3.

astertide

Awards
Oh wait, Paul, you talking about Giselle reminded me that she's a redhead!

Sora x Giselle = Sorelle? Gisora?

So the member's of Sora's Redhead Harem are:

Kairi, Ariel, Anna, Lea/Axel, Quasimodo, Neku, Shiki, Strelitzia, Aeleus/Lexaeus, Simpba- I mean Simba, Iago, Vanille, Red XIII, Eri, Lightning, Hans, Iduna, Sally, Lauriam/Marluxia, Peter Pan, Robin Hood, Maid Marian, Lumpy, Piglet, Julius, Roxanne, Hercules, Phil, Merida, Jessie, Giselle, Riku with dyed hair

Someone draw fanart pls

Back