• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Screenshot of new area in Olympus shown in Extended Demo at Kaaboo Festival

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
Not sure how keen I am on new demos with more revealed content. The public seemed pretty sold by the Toy Box demo, why ruin a good thing by showing off more stuff? It's baffling to try and release exclusive content that will guaranteed be leaked and mass uploaded all over the place. Everyone has seen the Toy Box cutscenes that they thought were secret, so why keep doing this stuff? Argh

OathkeeperRoxas XIII

Silver Member
Website
www.fanfiction.net
Not sure how keen I am on new demos with more revealed content. The public seemed pretty sold by the Toy Box demo, why ruin a good thing by showing off more stuff? It's baffling to try and release exclusive content that will guaranteed be leaked and mass uploaded all over the place. Everyone has seen the Toy Box cutscenes that they thought were secret, so why keep doing this stuff? Argh

Leaks, data mine, that's why they want to not have leaking stuff out

Luminary

Bronze Member
Awards
Yep. I was just in contact with the source (I'll leave out his name for privacy) on instagram. He confirmed that Square Enix reached out to him to not post any more pictures or videos of the demo, and only to comment on his experience. He also confirmed that Square decided to remove the demo because of the screenshots that were leaked.

https://ibb.co/jmee4z

What the source confirmed lines up with what I've been seeing at Kaaboo today, so I'd say that's pretty accurate. Don't see any reason for this individual to be making anything up!

Edit: He also confirmed it seemed to him that they were "Full demos as if they were released on the PS store for all: toy story & olympus levels". Not exactly sure what he is implying here.

I hope they don’t go back on the “no public demo” thing. Besides data mining, I’m worried they would only change their minds on putting a demo out if the game was delayed further as consolation for fans. (Though I think they would’ve announced a delay in the Line-Up trailer so people could cool off a bit before TGS. But who knows with Square Enix?

These demos are also a huge draw for them at these events. I doubt they’d want to lose that by releasing the demos to the public.

Alpha Baymax

On a scale of α to ζ.
Awards
All things considered, this isn't as bad as the Monsters Inc. leak though. However, I'm surprised that he wasn't caught taking the picture before uploading it.

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
All things considered, this isn't as bad as the Monsters Inc. leak though. However, I'm surprised that he wasn't caught taking the picture before uploading it.
Unfortunately we don’t know if there was anything in place saying people weren’t allowed to take photos. Even if there was and he snuck a picture, Square Enix has promoted people breaking their own rules before so it is especially frustrating that they are going in so hard on a fan at an event where the demo was authorised.

They told everyone at the Orchestra concert in June not to record anything (and sent us a DM telling KHInsider to not retweet or report on anyone who does) yet YouTubers recorded their own reactions and others uploaded video of the concert and those videos are still up. And at the Premiere Event there was explicit instructions to not release videos with any cutscenes yet they retweeted and promoted some personalities who made videos with cutscenes in them and there’s the infamous Gamespot video with 23 minutes of cutscenes that was up for a long time.

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
I think about Goofy's expression/gesture in this leak every day. It's just so perfectly indicative of the mysterious nature of this demo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back