• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

TV ► Scream [The TV series]

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
screamtv_.jpg

Synopsis

A popular, yet intellectual teenage girl starts to question whether or not she is a good person as her classmates are targeted by a tech-savvy serial killer. Her friends are all lying and keeping secrets from her, and she's not left with many others to trust. As she realizes her mother's shady past is somehow connected to the new cyber-stalker, she starts budding up with her ex-best friend to get some answers. But that also means she's going to face off against a killer who's out for blood.

---​

I'm loving this show with all it's crazy twists and turns. I know this only has two episodes left this season, but I really needed to find a place to talk about it with others, and see if anyone else is watching it too. The killer has been narrowed down a great deal, therefore, I'm stuck figuring out who it's going to be. And Brooke getting away feels either too good to be true, or an addition to a setup. And don't even get me started how she just stood there before finally having the common sense to run. lol. I don't believe the killer is the teacher from tonight's eighth episode. And what's even crazier? There will be a season two unless something changes later on.

So if anybody else is watching this, I'd love to discuss it and hear your thoughts on it. For the first time in my life, I've actually enjoyed a horror related genre.

Zen

Silver Member
Awards
It's okay. The narrative structure essentially being a drawn out slasher film does it no favors. But given that TV shows like this are basically nonexistent, I give it a break. It's at least far closer to the name than what was done with the Friday the 13th and Nightmare on Elm Street TV series in the 80s.

The 4th wall breaking and self-awareness in the beginning was aggravating nonetheless. I get it, it's Scream, that's what it's supposed to do, but it felt like it was trying too hard. Luckily they dialed it down in the later episodes. Other than that I don't really have much to say about it. I like some aspects, and some of the characters, and going for the small town with a lot of secrets (reminds me of Twin Peaks in that sense) isn't half bad as far as mysteries go.

Raz

i'm nobody
Staff member
Awards
I feel like this could have been done way better. I'm still watching it, obviously I have to find out who the killer is (killers are?). But I feel like they aren't really fearing for their lives, they are far too flippant about it. The original movies had touches of this quality, but not in the same way as the TV show does. Plus, the vlogger girl they got to be the Gale Weathers-esque character is as bland as they come.

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
Oh shoot, has this been airing? I was slightly intrigued by this and figured I'd hear about it more when the air date neared.

Well then. Guess I'll wait till netflix or something

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Piper aka vlogger girl seems familiar, but I can't place what other show she comes from. I wasn't overly crazy about her either. I guess she was only there as a red herring and to be a reason for someone else to no longer be a suspect to look at. As for Emma, I don't really care about her all that much. I like Noah or Audrey better. I just like how Emma is teased/threatened by Ghostface each time. On a non-related note, I really like the music selected for this season.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

My problem with Season Two: I'm afraid it could ruin how good season one is because, there's only a handful of people left to select from to be Ghostface. The more Emma loses friends/loved ones the likely hood of the killer is significantly narrowed down to a few potential people. Unless nobody dies by the finale or a face is revealed.

Zen

Silver Member
Awards
My problem with Season Two: I'm afraid it could ruin how good season one is because, there's only a handful of people left to select from to be Ghostface.

watch the moobees

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
^ I might just do that.

Anyhow, I got around to watching the new episode of Scream. Evidence really piled up real fast. SPOILERS BELOW. Don't read it if you haven't watched the new episode yet.

Obviously Mr. Branson isn't dead in the preview for the next episode. Kieran is holding a gun and most likely either the killer or hunting Mr. Branson down, because he got out of there somehow. The amount of blood at the end was astounding. Brooke and Audrey are both chased after by Ghost Face in next episode. So Audrey can finally join in to the above group of not being the killer. Someone must have gotten hurt during the chase.

Onward to the episode spoilers! I think this could really go a number of ways.

[B]First twist[/B]: Kieran may of been dating the high school girl that ended up dead before moving to the school Emma was attending to hunt Mr. Branson down?

[B]Second twist[/B]: They could've both been on murdering her too. No idea what they would've gained by it unless there was some creepy thing going on with the two of them being master and apprentice in killing people? (Or maybe they're not even aware of each other being killers?) And if it was the former, it's possibly why the knife ended up in that classroom, because they're both after Emma and her mother for their own agenda and reasons. (One I'll state below.) It would also make sense if Mr. Branson used Kieran to murder everyone who had access to his laptop. Will was a rival to Emma. And whoever hasn't died wasn't a good enough threat for the time being to hurt Emma and her mother.

[B]Final twist[/B]: Mr. Branson did do it and Kieran has nothing to do with this at all. Kieran could be ruled out for the first twist, but the second or third twist could be potentially possible. Unless this turns out to be another red herring.

Now because Kieran's [I]parents died mysteriously [/I]according to Audrey, and Piper getting the info about it being Kieran visiting the old woman, it seems loud and clear that he's the adopted son and might possibly be related to Emma. (Which is both disturbing and might not be true, cause the old woman seemed to not be all there.) Unless Mr. Branson happens to be related to her after all. (Again, might not be because Piper proved that towards the end. Better to get DNA examples to figure this mess out regardless.) And Mr. Branson did get out somehow. It's unclear if he did it on his own or if Ghostface was trying to kill him, but he escaped before he could do the deed, which would result in why he's trying to get into Brooke's house? Of course, we don't know if Branson is able to break free of his own and it's possible he used the evidence knife to kill the officer. The problem with this is him getting out unless he got lucky some how?

Kieran obviously has a lot of evidence pointing his way to be the one to kill Rachel and he'd have to be relatively quick to appear in the police department to set Mr. Branson free or kill him after changing only to miss his chance and hunt him down. However, Kieran did take an absurd amount of time to meet up with Emma at the dance while his adopted father Sheriff Clark happened to be at the house and getting knocked out by Ghostface. (Srsly, why didn't he check the door before entering the room? And why didn't he recognize the car? The car might prove Kieran isn't/is the owner of it later on though... depending if it wasn't the dead deputy that took care of it.) The only thing I could really say to all this is that Sheriff Clark hasn't died yet and happens to be wounded for the most part. (He could be just a distraction to drive it home that Ghostface got someone else. OR if Kieran is the killer, he can't bring himself to do it quite yet?)

I really can't wait to see how this turns out next week.

TWO NEW THINGS CAME TO MIND!

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Last edited:

Zen

Silver Member
Awards
ahahahahaha oh god, I knew the show was going to cop-out because since the start it has had so many red herrings that I just instinctively knew that they were just going to have Ghostface be someone nobody suspected.

mediocre from the start till the end through and through

Last edited:

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
Never again will I put any stock into a preview of scream. Damn red herrings. Damn it. I got tricked! I got to eager to put the blame on some of them and let one of them off without thinking much of it. Of course, I should've stuck with some of my suspicions, but no. I am however happy they explained how Ghostface was in two places at once. Which explains the height difference as well. What bothers me is why they did what they did in episode two. Was it pay back? To throw suspicion off? Or something else? I have a lot left to ponder and I wonder how they'll pull off season two with this ending. What with there only being one killer left and too many to take down one by one.

Regardless of how I feel about my theories being half right, and certainly a helluva wrong, I'm happy with the finale and this show. C:

I want to watch this all again so badly...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back