• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Scientist find extraterrestial genes in Human DNA

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ysu

Formerly Kown as..
Website
www.myspace.com
Ridiculous. Its only another religous attack on the theory of evolution. It also has gaps, mainly, what do they have to compare it to? Theres not exactly any Alien DNA lying around that we can compare to our own, so we can't immediately say that our "Junk DNA" is extraterrestial.

Also, these scientists seem to have a very dim view on humanity, and therefore look to the stars for hope. That hope is this theory, which hardly has any evidence to support it.

CK the Fat

How can one label DNA as extraterrestrial when no extraterrestrial DNA (or life) has been proven to exist in the first place?

The Big Lovin'

Everyone's Favorite Uncle Ji-Chan
...Dude, its Canadian. I didn't even bother reading it >_>

lmao.

Actually, I did read it and found myself laughing very hard by the time I was done.

Eikre

W.S.N.B.M./O.N.B.P.
Senior Leader's Course, Cold Lake Air Base, Albert
I guess no one happened to miss the fact that we created the genes. Those genes are human. Unless you want to say that humans are from another planet, which the ones here are not...and therefore the extraterrestrial...becomes normal crap terrestrial stuck in humans. Canadian defuncts Canadian science. Shut up and go home.

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
lolmfao

First of all, the approach of wholly unscientific. How can we know as a "fact" that the first part of DNA could not come from this world if he doesn't provide proof? How can we know it's extraterrestrial with nothing to compare it to? And just because cancer resists our drugs means it's extraterrestrial? Oh, that hippo didn't die when I threw a rock at it. Must be an alien.

Layers upon layers upon layers of speculation and not an inkling of proof.

To end my argument:

Prior to the modern age of space travel and genetics, this theory for the origins of humankind could not have been conceived. And even now, in the 21st century, there are many people who would regard it as science fiction. However, in the light of the problems with the orthodox theory of human evolution, the idea of a genetic intervention by an intelligent human-like species (who themselves evolved on another planet over a more credible time frame) does require to be taken seriously as a potential solution to the mystery.

This is called argument from ignorance. Just because we don't know everything about something, does that mean it's wrong?

Oh yeah, he could be right. Or maybe God polka-danced while being drunk with his best friend Phil and girlfriend Sally, and when his bladder couldn't take anymore, the freaking Universe was created.

My theory is as believable as his.

Little_Red

betch.
wow, okay, that's not normal. I guess that Chang guy must be smoking some good stuff then

Alaude Drenxta

\+The Devil's+/ .{Advocate}.
I honestly think that this article was not MEANT to be taken seriously.

Strictly speaking, no one with any brain cells would believe this.
Though, at one point they said the same as Christianity. @_@

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
What's the basic idea? Nut job thinks he found aliens in our DNA without an ounce of proof.

Devious

I didn't even finish reading it. Could you not tell they're jumping to conclusions from the beginning?! "Big Code" what the HELL is that about?! You should notice that even before they back up their claims they call us "programs" or "grown from a petrei dish" right at the beginning!

Outrageous claims made by a scientist with no interesting credentials. How can we even take what this man is saying very seriously?

Eikre

W.S.N.B.M./O.N.B.P.
Senior Leader's Course, Cold Lake Air Base, Albert
This man fails at his findings. That is all. Again, since it is found in humans since they were born upon earth, that makes them terrestrial rather than extraterrestrial. Duh.

And if this is a joke, then the humour this guy has fails more than KHI's emospace profiles!

KrytenKoro

Bronze Member
Ad hominem attacks:
Ridiculous. Its only another religous attack on the theory of evolution. It also has gaps, mainly, what do they have to compare it to? Theres not exactly any Alien DNA lying around that we can compare to our own, so we can't immediately say that our "Junk DNA" is extraterrestial.

Also, these scientists seem to have a very dim view on humanity, and therefore look to the stars for hope. That hope is this theory, which hardly has any evidence to support it.

Ignorance of Martian fossils:
How can one label DNA as extraterrestrial when no extraterrestrial DNA (or life) has been proven to exist in the first place?

And failure of logic:
Oh yeah, he could be right. Or maybe God polka-danced while being drunk with his best friend Phil and girlfriend Sally, and when his bladder couldn't take anymore, the freaking Universe was created.

My theory is as believable as his.

I would think one who believes in naturalistic evolution would not be so quick to compare a theory without wholly conclusive evidence to something I can only describe as a wholly sacreligious, blasphemous statement.

Failure to understand basic genetics:
"Big Code" what the HELL is that about?! You should notice that even before they back up their claims they call us "programs" or "grown from a petrei dish" right at the beginning!

Outrageous irony:
Outrageous claims made by a scientist with no interesting credentials. How can we even take what this man is saying very seriously?

Phoenix

Legendary Member
Awards
Ignorance of Martian fossils:

... wtf?

And failure of logic:

Oh, do highlight the differences.

I would think one who believes in naturalistic evolution would not be so quick to compare a theory without wholly conclusive evidence to something I can only describe as a wholly sacreligious, blasphemous statement.

And you apparently still don't understand what a scientific theory is:

A theory is a logically self-consistent model or framework for describing the behavior of a related set of natural or social phenomena. It originates from and/or is supported by experimental evidence (see scientific method). In this sense, a theory is a systematic and formalized expression of all previous observations that is predictive, logical and testable. In principle, scientific theories are always tentative, and subject to corrections or inclusion in a yet wider theory. Commonly, a large number of more specific hypotheses may be logically bound together by just one or two theories. As a general rule for use of the term, theories tend to deal with much broader sets of universals than do hypotheses, which ordinarily deal with much more specific sets of phenomena or specific applications of a theory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back