• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Sci-Fi RPGs anyone?

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Esso

Fire Breaker
So thing is, I've really grown out of the whole fantasy RPGs with knights, demons, and wizards throwing magical fireballs, and would like to broaden my horizons when it comes to RPGs, and start with the sci-fi part. The most experience I've had with this would be Phantasy Star Portable 1 & 2(yes, while at first the original series was pretty much medieval themes+sci-fi elements, it was pretty darn enjoyable personally because if the sci-fi aspect it had), Megaman Battle Network and StarForce, and Megaman X:Command Mission. I guess Pokemon would sorta count, but I'd rather not have any recommendations with that please. Basically, an RPG that leans more toward sci-fi rather than fantasy. Also as a note, while I'm open to digital downloads, PS Store and Nintendo eShop are currently unavailable in my region but feel free to recommend me games even if they're digital exclusive(in case my circumstances change later on). Any recommendations anyone? Thanks in advance!

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
I also recommend Star Ocean. If you still have your psp, you can grab 1 and 2, but I (personally) enjoyed 3 and 4 better. You can get SO3 on ps2 as the previous poster stated, or you can get SO4 on either the PS3 or 360.

The Star Ocean games are the first games I think of when someone mentions sci-if RPGs, they are very long solid games with a good action based battle system and fantastic stories.

My next recommendation would have to be the "Xeno" games. Xenogears, the Xenosaga trilogy, and Xenoblade are all solid games. While I wasn't too big on xenosaga myself, Xenogears and Xenoblade were both top notch. I do not believe you would regret playing them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back