• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Scholastic's Kingdom Hearts: The Official Handbook cover revealed

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I love how for this cover picture they used nearly all KH3 pics EXCEPT for a random Mulan and Genie in Pre KH3 graphics. Kinda stick out like sore thumbs no?

I wonder what the deal with marketing mulan related to KH is anyway what with her placement here and in Talisman.
Maybe they are marketing to the Chinese audiences...like movies, maybe? Either way Mulan is cool.

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
This is so cool, this brings back many memories of how in every scholastic Bookfair they have various handbook Encylopedia usually from Disney, to Star Wars, to Pokemon you name it and I'm so looking forward on getting this book.

Interesting to see Mulan and Genie being the only Pre-KH3 images and characters on the front cover.

2 quid is good

Awards
The perks of having a sister still in primary school: I still get to go to scholastic book fairs. Even better is she always wants me to take her to school on those days because she knows my parents won't buy her anything xD

As for that whole, appealing to kids thing, that's what KH marketing has always been based on, nothing wrong with that. But in truth, I would prefer it if a long awaited game meant to be a conclusion to multiple arcs wasn't the kid oriented one, save it for the side game.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
I mean....
tenor.gif

2 quid is good

Awards
Fam, if y'all got schools that still accept donations for books, please be sure to purchase this book for your school's library. This is how we indoctrinate the children while they are young.
Idk if this works for all schools but the primary school I volunteer in get a checklist of the book fair items and reserve 1-2 copies of popular books for themselves (their libraries I mean). But of course, donations are brilliant too. Speaking from experience, there's a lot of books schools simply can't get their hands on that are pretty great for kids needing to build up reading ability, mostly because they only had short print runs, things like old goosebumps books or Robert sewell.

SweetYetSalty

Awards
I was going to make a comment on being triggered on Olaf being on the cover in general and there are several better Disney/Pixar characters to use, but then I remembered all the snowman minigame memes that came from it and can safely say...Olaf has earned his spot on the cover.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I was going to make a comment on being triggered on Olaf being on the cover in general and there are several better Disney/Pixar characters to use, but then I remembered all the snowman minigame memes that came from it and can safely say...Olaf has earned his spot on the cover.

Olaf is a goddamn g. After Frozen 2, Olaf can do anything and I will praise it. I will rebuild Olaf a hundred times if I have to. He can stand right next to Sora on the cover of any book, even.

Soldier

Awards
And Maleficent gets the tiniest little corner.

Xemnas being covered up by the Keyblade also amuses me.

The more I look at the cover, the more it bothers me.
Let that stand as a representation of their roles in the KH franchise. Maleficent and Xemnas were naught more than microcosms of the plot. Clearly, Olaf being in full display can mean only one thing. The frozen world WILL return, and it will be even worse than in KH 3. I'm calling it now, if you agree like this comment.

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
I kinda want someone to go through the whole thing and list out every mistake they made lol

Hours of entertainment~

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
If only someone more familiar with the series proof read the entire handbook before it was published, lol.

KudoTsurugi

Awards
The book actually came out? I almost forgot about it. Thought they cancelled this along with their canon storybooks. Maybe this is a sign those're coming out after all?

Awards
I kinda want someone to go through the whole thing and list out every mistake they made lol

Hours of entertainment~
If there are any mistakes on the level of K e y b a l d e and putting Luxord's description on Xaldin I am gonna explode in laughter

Soldier

Awards
"Xaldin was a Nobody that had an obsession with games of chance"
Oh did he now? what version of KH 2 were they playing? because I legitimately would pay money to play that. Imagine fighting Xaldin on the bridge with him using both the Lindworm lances AND Luxord's cards.
For people trying to provide the service of "baby's first KH book" they're doing a pretty poor job. Then again, this is probably the same company that printed out those egregious pokemon texts, where Delibird is apparently a legendary.

Back