• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Scholastic to publish new Kingdom Hearts novel series, official character handbook

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Look at Wattpad for example. It’s one of the most popular reading/writing apps out there with over 65 million users and many of them are pre-teens and teens.

They are definitely reading. Why would anybody think they aren't?

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
Look at Wattpad for example. It’s one of the most popular reading/writing apps out there with over 65 million users and many of them are pre-teens and teens.

They are definitely reading. Why would anybody think they aren't?
Now I'm curious. Are these novels coming out in digital form on release, or anytime time at all? If not, would the Staff be willing to retype them and post it on the forum for all fans to see? Maybe some kind of downloadable file?

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Now I'm curious. Are these novels coming out in digital form on release, or anytime time at all? If not, would the Staff be willing to retype them and post it on the forum for all fans to see? Maybe some kind of downloadable file?

We don’t reproduce work that is published in English unless it is something difficult to obtain like an obscure interview or something with a limited release.

We would also never make it available for download if there was an easy, legal way for it to be obtained in English.

That said, the new novel series is being published as an ebook alongside its physical released which is listed in the main post.

Twilight Lumiair

Awards
We don’t reproduce work that is published in English unless it is something difficult to obtain like an obscure interview or something with a limited release.

We would also never make it available for download if there was an easy, legal way for it to be obtained in English.

That said, the new novel series is being published as an ebook alongside its physical released which is listed in the main post.
Noted.🗒 Dunno how I missed that e-book price tag, but oh well.

In hindsight, I suppose that wouldn't really be fair to the author anyway would it? Might also lead to some legal problems as well if the author takes issue/notice.

Veevee

Awards
It's kinda sad that I feel that no matter what is written there, it can only be better than the current canon writing because it's probably not as effed up needlessly complicated as the actual story. I'm in for everything. Maybe it's even something one can understand :O

WhinyAcademic

Awards
A character guide? Interesting. Perhaps we could have an updated, expanded version of the KH2FM+ cast portrait, this time including Pete, Maleficent, Yen Sid, TAV, Xion, Eraqus, YMX, Vanitas, Terra-Xehanort, Master Xehanort, the Foretellers, Chirithy, Ephemer, MOM, Luxu, Meow Wow, and Chernabog?

Okay maybe not the last one.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
Not expecting much from the character guide besides the most basic info. If we're lucky, maybe it'll have those renders SE haven't released yet.

DizneyXBirds95

Awards
Surprised to see Scholastic and Square Enix (of course Disney takes credit) collaboration with each other given that for the majority of the KH manga, books etc. in North America it's by Yen Press.

Last edited:

Sign

trapped in revamp hell
Staff member
Awards
Surprised to see Scholastic and Square Enix collaboration with each other given that for the majority of the KH manga, books etc. in North America it's by Yen Press.

We don't know if SE is involved with this in any fashion.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Surprised to see Scholastic and Square Enix collaboration with each other given that for the majority of the KH manga, books etc. in North America it's by Yen Press.

The books are licensed out by Disney who is a long-time partner with Scholastic. We don’t know if SE is collaborating with them or not, like Sign has said.

Yen Press does not normally publish original works (they have but that isn’t the bread and butter of their business) and instead licenses and translates existing works.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
Am I the only one hoping for something Kairi related? Call me hopelessly optimistic and a clown... but no one in the world is satisfied with how this girl was handled. And after KHIII people are even more vocal about it, in making rant videos (and rant posts. But Square's more likely to see the videos, as they've said they watch KH YouTubers' content... not that we yet know if Square Enix is affiliated or not), but maybe THIS is what they mean about something everyone's clamoring for: finally a good Kairi story.

Like, give me Kairi at least TRYING to help find Sora at the end of KHIII, even if she doesn't succeed and Riku has to go do it by himself in KHIV (ugh).

Like many of you, I'm sadly starting to doubt Kairi will ever be playable or treated right in the games. But maybe they'd at least be willing to donate a novel story to her. And the original trailer for BbSV2 made it look like there was Kairi stuff left out of the series that Nomura wanted to touch on: speaking of, Kairi escapes Axel offscreen in KHII. Axel: "I kidnapped Kairi, but she got away from me. After that, Saïx caught her. He's a member of Organization XIII. Saïx! Now go save her!" Maybe if not something KHIII or post-KHIII, it could be her full adventure in KHII: showing things like this, and whatever she, Hayner, Pence, and Olette were doing at the mansion (presumably during KHII), in the BbSFM secret ending... if that WASN'T just reworked into being the Sora, Hayner, Pence, and Olette scene in front of the mansion in KHIII.

And just... the fact that for the other schoolastic book, they mentioned Kairi as one of the main heroes and not Naminé or any of the Sea Salt or Wayfinder Trio (even though it might just be because Kairi's arguably the heroine in the most games, and part of the Destiny Trio... and maybe they're moreso appealing to the KHI-KHII-and KHIII crowd) gives me (probably false) hope.

Edit: It could also be the fall of Radiant Garden--like people were saying above--that could easily be a piece of lore we've all been clamoring for. And during it, it could show how Kairi got to Destiny Islands (and perhaps her first meetings with Sora and Riku). And even before that, Xehanort experimenting on her: if that part of the novels is canon. Maybe she even saw Skuld--if the experimentation part is true--when they were down in the basement together.

Seeing what Kairi was up to in Sora's heart and remembers from it (if anything), could also be interesting. Honestly, there's SO much Kairi stuff that could be done. And it's so sad that no one's done anything with it yet.

Last edited:

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
I'd buy them, even if they're about a worldline in which DiZ was actually feeling good one day and created a data beach so Roxas and the Data Twilight Town trio could actually go on that trip.

Or a story about Lea and Isa having adventures in Radiant Garden doing Zack and Cody-style hijinks, and Dilan is constantly yelling at them to not run in the hallways.

Or hell, give me an Isekai about Nomura's cat being thrown into Kingdom Hearts and it being a Keyblade wielder somehow. Kingdom Hearts is already an isekai within an isekai, so no point in holding back now.

SuperSaiyanSora

Awards
OK, I really want to see this.

Just imagine...

"It's late at night in Japan, and Tetsuya Nomura isn't home yet due to working on the highly-anticipated Final Fantasy VII Remake. His cat, lonely and feeling a bit hungry, decides to escape through the window to search for food. As it jumps from the window and is about to cross the road... The infamous Isekai Truck (hereby named Truck-Kun) appears! But just before impact, a mysterious magic circle appears... When the cat wakes up, it finds itself in a Station of Awakening! What kind of crazy adventures awaits this precocious feline?? The story of "Is It Really Okay For My Adorable Cat To Become A Keyblade Wielder?!" begins!!"

Back