• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

News ► Scholastic to publish new Kingdom Hearts novel series, official character handbook

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards
I hope this book covers the extensive topic of Sora's stinky feet and how often Riku tries to sniff them while he's asleep.

Otherwise it'll probably just be some inoffensive fluff content where we get more and better character interactions. Ascended fan fiction basically. Not too interested but we'll see.

I bet Nomura's mad

KeybladeOrder

Awards
"a huge part of Kingdom Hearts lore that they have been clamoring for."

So, there are multiple different ways that we can interpret this:

Depending on how far along we are in the Union X story at this point (although with the bugs in Daybreak Town I feel we are rapidly approaching the endgame), we could be getting something about the worlds immediately post-Keyblade War.

Or as was suggested above we could get some more backstory on the apprentice days of Eraqus, Xehanort, and Yen Sid.

Or, and this is my personal favorite, we could get a series that properly depicts the fall of Radiant Garden.

As for whether SE and Nomura are involved - they very well could be, we just don't have enough information to know that yet.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I hope this book covers the extensive topic of Sora's stinky feet and how often Riku tries to sniff them while he's asleep.

Sounds like a fic I’ve read on FanFiction.Net

Otherwise it'll probably just be some inoffensive fluff content where we get more and better character interactions. Ascended fan fiction basically. Not too interested but we'll see.

Ascended fanfic by somebody I’m almost certain probably knew little about KH prior to taking this project on at that xD

I bet Nomura's mad

Of course he is. He still gets mad whenever Disney tries to breathe in the direction of an animated show

AR829038

Awards
So, let's all stop to consider something here:
Apparently, judging by the quote, this is not intended to just be a single book, but a new SERIES following an original canon story in the KH universe.
So, considering that apparently the first book alone is slated to be around 200 pages, we can then assume that this series, however long it is intended to last for, will be a fairly sizable narrative.
Secondly, it says that it would deal with a section of the lore that fans have been "clamoring" for, which means it's unlikely that this is supposed to be just some completely unconnected side story set somewhere far off in the distant reaches of the KH galaxy. No, this will have implications, if it is indeed canon, to the main story.
So, taking that last part and the length of this story into account, we could be in for some pretty juicy stuff here!

Tempo

Awards
ten year gap ten year gap ten year gap ten year gap ten year gap ten year gap ten year gap ten year gap ten year gap ten year gap ten year gap ten year gap ten year gap teN YEAR G

HakaishinChampa

Awards
I can't be surprised if this is Canon, there's been obscure ways of having to get Kingdom Hearts Information in the past like Interviews, Phone Games and Special Scenes at Concerts.

I'm interested about this Novel though.

FudgemintGuardian

Moist with roistering
Awards
It claims the book will tell a huge part we've been clamoring for, but given how we are that's actually pretty darn vague.

It could be anything from Xehanort and Eraqus' past to Sora's new haircut.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
It claims the book will tell a huge part we've been clamoring for, but given how we are that's actually pretty darn vague.

It could be anything from Xehanort and Eraqus' past to Sora's new haircut.

Yeah, it is very vague. There is just so much in the canon storyline that we want to see addressed and everybody has their own opinion of how it should go.

Honestly I would hope it isn’t Xehanort and Eraqus’ past because I want to play it (and also if this author can write a KH novel, I want to write a KH novel dammit)

ten year gap ten year gap ten year gap ten year gap ten year gap ten year gap ten year gap ten year gap ten year gap ten year gap ten year gap ten year gap ten year gap teN YEAR G

That’d be awesome since it is such a huge ass gap

So, let's all stop to consider something here:
Apparently, judging by the quote, this is not intended to just be a single book, but a new SERIES following an original canon story in the KH universe.
So, considering that apparently the first book alone is slated to be around 200 pages, we can then assume that this series, however long it is intended to last for, will be a fairly sizable narrative.
Secondly, it says that it would deal with a section of the lore that fans have been "clamoring" for, which means it's unlikely that this is supposed to be just some completely unconnected side story set somewhere far off in the distant reaches of the KH galaxy. No, this will have implications, if it is indeed canon, to the main story.
So, taking that last part and the length of this story into account, we could be in for some pretty juicy stuff here!

I mean the description also says new characters so I definitely think it’ll be an original cast in their own little corner of the universe.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards
There is Donald and Goofy's ice cream incident mentioned in KH2. That definitly deserves a novel

Since the summary mentioned Square characters along with Disney and new ones I'd be nice to see some actual FF cameos again. Even in written form

Absent

Nomura's Biggest Fan
Awards
My guesses:
Spoiler Spoiler Show

I can see them doing short stories about the phantoms of the Final World.

MATGSY

Silver Member
Awards
You people are making me feel old with all this "I got a KH manga at the book fair!" talk. Back in my day it was Animorphs, Sonic books that adapted the plots of Sonic comics/cartoons, & Garfield's Pet Force, where Garfield and friends become space-traveling superheroes in an alternate dimension.

I read way too much of that last one for my own good.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
You people are making me feel old with all this "I got a KH manga at the book fair!" talk. Back in my day it was Animorphs, Sonic books that adapted the plots of Sonic comics/cartoons, & Garfield's Pet Force, where Garfield and friends become space-traveling superheroes in an alternate dimension.

I read way too much of that last one for my own good.

That was the same stuff I had at my elementary school fairs. KH was middle school and it was the only year we ever had a fair.

qbaysan

Awards
Judging from the list of works of the writer, it's probably going to be something like this:
It's probably going to be a 200 page story about what Sora was meant to have for dinner :p

So expectations are set to somewhere mundane and silly, with the occasional moral of the day here and there. Bonus points if the moral of the book series is all about the value of friendship, complete with friendship speeches.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
Judging from the list of works of the writer

While her body of work is limited to children’s books, she has been an editor for 15 years who has edited very popular books released by Disney. She worked at Disney for 7 years and has also worked at Penguin Random House so she has a wealth of experience.

I don’t have any hope of Brooke Vitale having enough knowledge about the series to create a novel series that really falls in line with the utterly ridiculous lore of this franchise, but I do at least believe she’ll probably deliver something entertaining.

So expectations are set to somewhere mundane and silly, with the occasional moral of the day here and there. Bonus points if the moral of the book series is all about the value of friendship, complete with friendship speeches.

XD so about the same level of writing we get from any KH game?

2 quid is good

Awards
Canon? Scholastic? I'll bet anything it's canon in the same way V-Cast was. GG Disney, hope Nomura’s pissed off enough to keep them at bay from future KH titles

Chaser

Not KHI Site Staff
Staff member
Awards
I wish Disney and Square Enix would get to work on translating and releasing Ultimanias and other books / documents that detail lore and interviews not covered in the game.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I wish Disney and Square Enix would get to work on translating and releasing Ultimanias and other books / documents that detail lore and interviews not covered in the game.

Spoiler Spoiler Show

[insert name] has a special power: they can call upon the powers of former Keyblade wielders throughout time and space thanks to the crown necklace they wear. Their mentor is a spirit from the crown necklace who only goes by the name “Sky”, and despite their lax and carefree attitude, they seem to be knowledgeable about the events of the second Keyblade War. Joined by their friends, [insert name] trains as a Keyblade wielder to protect the Princess of Heart across the universe, and soon they begin to unravel the past and learn about their mysterious mentor.

MelodicEnigma

Awards
Website
twitter.com
[insert name] has a special power: they can call upon the powers of former Keyblade wielders throughout time and space thanks to the crown necklace they wear. Their mentor is a spirit from the crown necklace who only goes by the name “Sky”, and despite their lax and carefree attitude, they seem to be knowledgeable about the events of the second Keyblade War. Joined by their friends, [insert name] trains as a Keyblade wielder to protect the Princess of Heart across the universe, and soon they begin to unravel the past and learn about their mysterious mentor.

My pre-order is ready to go.

Back