• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

SchmidtyMcSchmiddySchmidt approaches!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

Schmidt

Awards
Hallo Kingdom Hearts Community!

I'm just a guy from Germany who loves the Kingdom Hearts Series with every ups and downs it has. I will just introduce myself and the story I have with Kingdom Hearts :).

I grew up with the original Kingdom Hearts 1 for the PS2. I was six years old when my father bought himself a PS2 back in 2002 and showed me the case of the game. Even before I was able to Play it, I just stole the case from my father and just looked at the Images. And the Moment I first played the game, I immidiately fell in love with the opening cutscene. I just loved it. I always started a new game, every time I played, because of that cutscene. And the best part: It was COMPLETELY in German! I remember, that I had bad Problems with understanding the games, because they were in engish and as a german 6 year old Boy, and didn't even know what english was. And Kingdom Hearts was the first game completely in German, even the voice acting and I just loved it.
My father recognized my interest in the Series and bought me a GameBoy Advance SP with Kingdom Hearts Chain of Memories. I liked that game too - so much that I made Cards out of paper myself and showed it very stupidly to my friends xP.
Later before Kingdom Hearts 2 came out my father (my father just knows what is good) found an article in a Computer Magazine about the release of Kingdom Hearts 2. I got so excited that I read the article over and over again until the game came out. While playing Kingdom Hearts 2 and just loved the fact that the characters grow older - I always thought as a child, that the character grow older like real People and that got me really excited playing that game.
A few years later I got Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days as a birthday gift. That was the turning Point about Kingdom Hearts for me. I just played it until the first half an then lost interest. But not just for Days, but for Kingdom Hearts in General. I didn't Play Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep and Kingdom Hearts ReCoded. I just got so confused, because everyone got a keyblade. Back then Sora was something Special, because he was the only one to use a keyblade. And..."what the hell is that old man in Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep??", I thought when I first saw him and after that I just stopped playing.
A few years later in 2015, after I graduated from High School, I got back to the series. I randomly found the 1.5HD Remix for the PS3 and immidiately bought it - and that Moment...is the reason why I'm writing this post right now. I played through 1.5 and 2.5 for the PS3. I bought 2.8 and later on 1.5+2.5 for the PS4 and got so excited again like I was as a child. And I started Kindgom Hearts Union Cross and I'm playing it very actively.
There is just one big Problem with the series. And no, it's not the Story, not the gameplay and not Osaka Team (stop blaming them for doing their Job): It's the voice acting. And I do not mean the Quality, but the quantity. Kingdom Hearts 1 and Kingdom Hearts 2 original for the PS2 got voice acted in 5 (!!!) different languages: Japanese, English, German, French and Spanish. And I'm a huge fan of language comparisons and was very very disappointed that Square Enix got rid of every voice acting language besides Japanese and English. I think it makes sense, because all the side games never had different voice acting than Japanese and English and it would be weird to have different voice languages in the Remixes. But I am so sad, that every Country beside Japan has to live with the english voice actors. Don't get me wrong, they do a great job, but I grew up with the german voices and I would've loved it to Play Kingdom Hearts in 1080p and 60 fps with the German voices. And I think not even the Germans, but also some French and spanish People would agree with me there. But I'm worried the most about Kingdom Hearts 3. Afraid that we will just get Japanese and English voices. But we have to wait and see. I just wanted to bring that up, because the most People of the Kingdom Hearts community are by fact english speaking, so I think the fact, that Kingdom Hearts has French, Spanish and German voice acting too, isn't recognized very often.

And that was everything I wanted to say. I hope that I will have much fun with you guys! :D

Schmidt

Soldier

Awards
Welcome to the forums! your story sounds similar to mine (in terms of starting with the original on the ps2, not the language barrier problems). Please read the FAQ and enjoy your stay!

Muke

whatever
Awards
We already talked a bit in VMs, but still: welcome!! Please enjoy your stay here. :)

End

Awards
Hello, nice to meet you! Does this mean I need to download Global as well? Haha!
I completely understand how you fell in love with the game. I was the same way in terms of looking at the art first. Overall this game series has been an influential part of my life, including teaching me the importance and power of friendship. :)

So I hope that we can be friends and welcome to KHI! :D

Veevee

Awards
Wow, that's a story! xD welcome ! I am a German too so I understand your feelings well. I am not too nostalgic over the German voices since I love the English ones, but I sometimes wonder which voices certain characters would've gotten, for example Terra-Aqua-Ventus. :)
Btw, just checked your profile out of curiosity, I'm quite amused about your "Guten Tag" in addition to your classic German username, your "Germanness" is over 9000! :p

Schmidt

Awards
Yea I mean...it's like that: You think lemons are completely normal and belong to our daily lives. But when you think you eat an orange und suddenly realize it's a lemon, the lemon will be outstanding and "special" for that moment. It's the same here: I didn't expect so much germanness, so it suddenly appeared very outstanding to me.

Yes. I like this comparison ÒwÓ

Veevee

Awards
Yea I mean...it's like that: You think lemons are completely normal and belong to our daily lives. But when you think you eat an orange und suddenly realize it's a lemon

I don't want to sound rude, but in that case I think you should get your head checked. Or your tongue. :p and you can still be the special German snowflake here xP and I like that comparison too since it contains food. Fooood!

Back