• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Scents

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Cissy

Bronze Member
Do different scents change your mood?

I know it does for me. One second I'll be depressed, then someone passes by with an amazing perfume, and I'll suddenly feel happy.

What about you guys? What scents affect you, and how do they affect you?

Pelafina

lately, lovely
Awards
Smell is the sense most closely linked with memory, so that might explain the rapid mood changes.

Peoples' houses are the smells I do this with most often.

Rabello

Usually if someone farts, it changes my mood very quickly.

I mean yeah, overall they do... Probably not because of some parfume, but for example if I am in a bad mood, smelling the food my gradmother made changes that pretty quickly.

Antiquity

Put on your courage and fly
Awards
Yeah, they sorta do for me.
If I smell food I get sort of excited for some reason.
Then I go to the thrift store and smell the scent of old people and clothes and I suddenly get bored.

TheMuffinMan

Armchair Administrator
That's called being emotionally unstable.

See a therapist, crazy.

Ordeith

Great Old One
Awards
Hmm...whenever I enter one of my friend's houses, the smell makes me feel rather stifled and unhappy.
It's not even that bad of a smell, but it always make me feel as though I've been sitting in an overheated car for an hour or so.

Xeon{Myroku}

Demonic Pony
Usually when I smell something fuirty and delicious it just makes me hungry. Man the stuff these women put on it just taunts my stomach and me that's it's time to eat. Scented lotions, perfumes, conditioner, and all that other stuff women put on. It just makes me drool and makes me feel all right.

Xeon{Myroku}

Demonic Pony
Ugh, most candles that my mom buys I can't stand. Once there lighted I sniff around and go, "What's that smell?" My mom goes, "I just lighted a candle. Why what's wrong with it?" I go, "I think the smell expired or something because it just wants to make me want to throw up. Thanks alot for farting Mandy." looks at the dog.

Ren

adios motherfucker
I love the smell of grass. That's a huge turn on. *Is shot*
But yeah, scents change my mood. Sometimes they make me ticked off, sometimes they brighten up my mood.

Scents carry such a heavy emotional weight. A kid at my school went through therapy because something he smelled at school made him go insane. I don't even know what'd happened to him to make him remember things.

And then there's the whole sexual side of smells. I think I told you (or at least the h/b thread) about how scents can determine if you're compatible with someone. ;D

One of my friends smells like shit. His whole house does.

It's why I never sit by him at lunch.

Nostalgia

livin' in the past
The scent of something I haven't seen in a long time tends to give me more nostalgia than just looking at it again.

Spic Steve

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL OLOLOLOLOL
Awards
Certain situations in my mind have scents tied to them. If I smell it, even if only for one inhale, I remember it and wish to inhale more of the scent if it was a good memory.

Αzerin

?Templar Queen?
Website
magistream.com
Eh, depends on the scent I guess. For me, it'd probably be food that would affect me most. If I smell something like pizza I'd probably get happy. Or some other good food that might prove good for lightening my mood:3
I guess some funkier smells like a garbage truck would affect me, too, tho. I'd probably get pretty aggravated.

I'm not sure if there's much else I could comment on. I'm only best with scents that really stand out, if that. I don't have a good sense of smell>_-;

Last edited:

paoupu girl

All this violence makes a statement
yeah, if I smell something it can sometimes change my mood.

If I smell soap, then I suddently taste soap and it puts me in a bad mood lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back