• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Say no to ACTA!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS

For or against ACTA?

• For

Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Against

Votes: 25 89.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rallade

Awards
I just found out about this thing, it's terrible, please help as much as you can to go against it (petitions, etc.)

[video=youtube;citzRjwk-sQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=citzRjwk-sQ&feature=share[/video]

Love Machine

strut strut strut
I'm pretty sure the United States, Australia, Canada, Japan, Morocco, New Zealand, Singapore, and South Korea have all signed it.

Rallade

Awards
I'm pretty sure the United States, Australia, Canada, Japan, Morocco, New Zealand, Singapore, and South Korea have all signed it.

Do you think there's anything we can do against it?

btw, I see you're finally getting close to that 1000th post :p

Turn

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ~&#
Awards
Website
flavors.me
Sign the appropriate petitions and contact your lawmakers, asking them to vote against the bill. That's all you can do.

Ovafaze

idyllic dream
Awards
Wow, I wonder when it will take effect if it does happen, won't have a reason to go online anymore.

Love Machine

strut strut strut
Sign the appropriate petitions and contact your lawmakers, asking them to vote against the bill. That's all you can do.

you think that will do anything there has to be a hell of a lot of petitioners

Luap

sans 911
Awards
Website
www.facebook.com
I read the wikipedia page and still don't really understand what this ACTA thing is.
Anyone care to explain?

Turn

(ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ~&#
Awards
Website
flavors.me
It poses that the owners of sites which rely on user-generated content like YouTube, Twitter, etc., be legally responsible for everything their users post. It could shut down music storage lockers and other cloud-based products, and it also includes provisions that would make it a felony to stream unlicensed content—things like cover band performances, karaoke videos, video game play-throughs, and so on.

Petitioning and letters of protest have helped cut down a lot of the bill's sponsors, but it's already technically in action by this point.

Dross263

... Anyone else got reminded of Metal Gear Solid 2 with the whole censoring the internet thing? And seriously, there is hardly any chance of them implementing that, and if they did the entire world would flip the shit over it, and make them change it back, people won't let them bonk with the internet, they just won't.

Ovafaze

idyllic dream
Awards
I like how the internet part is most concerning to people.

Rallade

Awards
I like how the internet part is most concerning to people.
The internet is what directly influences us the most, the control over drugs and seeds is obviously a problem too.

it also includes provisions that would make it a felony to stream unlicensed content—things like cover band performances, karaoke videos, video game play-throughs, and so on.

Would that also include fanart? Because if that's the case, websites like Deviantart are doomed o_O

Last edited:

Love Machine

strut strut strut
well it's been fun chatting with you all but looks like we're getting the boot

OmniChaos

The Smiling Man
Staff member
Awards
goldensunending-1.png

Rallade

Awards
Anonymous' response is pretty funny and terrifying
[video=youtube;wDcRIosJRY4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDcRIosJRY4&feature=related[/video]

JustDarkMemories

I started out my reply saying how this would affect us in a good way too because of internet addiction, but NO.

Life without the internet is... not what I'm used to (I can't find a suitable description). No to ACTA!

Man I hate conspiracies.

Rallade

Awards
Wikipedia said:
A signing ceremony was held on 1 October 2011 in Tokyo, with the United States, Australia, Canada, Japan, Morocco, New Zealand, Singapore, and South Korea signing the treaty. The European Union, Mexico, and Switzerland did not sign the treaty, but "attended the ceremony and confirmed their continuing strong support for and preparations to sign the Agreement as soon as practicable".[9][10] Article 39 of ACTA specifies that the agreement is open for signature until 31 March 2013.

Just to give a little perspective

Ovafaze

idyllic dream
Awards
A signing ceremony was held on 1 October 2011 in Tokyo, with the United States, Australia, Canada, Japan, Morocco, New Zealand, Singapore, and South Korea signing the treaty. The European Union, Mexico, and Switzerland did not sign the treaty, but "attended the ceremony and confirmed their continuing strong support for and preparations to sign the Agreement as soon as practicable".[9][10] Article 39 of ACTA specifies that the agreement is open for signature until 31 March 2013.
so we have til then? pssh thats like FOREVER from now.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back