• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Film ► Saving Mr. Banks (Tom Hanks as Walt Disney)

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
Saving Mr. Banks (2013) - IMDb

Saving Mr. Banks is the story of how the film "Mary Poppins" came to be.

Tom Hanks is playing the role of Walt Disney.

tom-hanks-as-walt-disney-in-saving-mr-banks-first-look.jpg

Tom Hanks To Play Walt Disney In New Movie | TheBlaze.com

I've always wanted to see some form of movie about Walt Disney. Seems like it should be a pretty interesting story.

“Saving Mr. Banks” traces Walt’s prolonged efforts to gain the rights to adapt “Mary Poppins” from author P.L. Travers. The movie highlights their 1961 head-bumping collaboration during the film’s pre-production.

Last edited by a moderator:

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
Re: Saving Mr. Banks

I've been reading a lot about this on ultimatedisney.com, and it really kinda feels like a dream.

Also, you might get more replies by including the premise in the topic title, otherwise some people might not know what this is about.

Of course, since Disney as a company is paranoid about sullying their own name, this partial biopic should be taken with a little more salt than usual.

Edit: I didnt even know about it being a 2013 release. I mean, it was only announced a few months ago.

Neko

Keep Holding On
Awards
I heard about this yesterday. This movie sounds like it could be interesting. I had to think about Tom Hanks as Walt Disney for a moment, but I think it works.

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
Tom Hanks repeatedly visits The Walt Disney Family Museum and had interviewed Walt's relatives to make sure he gets it right. He'll do a fine job of it.

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
[video=youtube;a5kYmrjongg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=a5kYmrjongg[/video]

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
Looks good. I'm a fan of both hanks and Thompson.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
This film looks fantastic! Hanks and Thompson are two of my favorite actors so I know they will do a fantastic job. Christmas <3

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
Like the guys playing the Sherman Brothers(Edit: Jason Schwartzman is one). Lovely little moment where they try to hide the sheet music for Supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.

Emma and Tom also seem to be doing very good. A side of Walt we haven't seen(plus one we have, due to the magic of vfx)

Should also be noted that Kris Kyer will be in this film. Here's an audition tape for a commercial some years ago.

[video=youtube_share;16-EElxO0x0]http://youtu.be/16-EElxO0x0[/video]

And less noteworthy is Paul Giamatti.

Last edited:

Gram

Banned
Awards
Looks like it'd be a great movie, always down for a tom hanks film and this seems like it'd be fantastic.

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards
Here's a video about the Sherman Bros. for those interested.

[video=youtube;8zcmLsIbFD0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=8zcmLsIbFD0[/video]

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
That looks like it was taken from a Disney Treasures DVD. Either way, Nice find!

And then there's also "The BOYS" documentary that was made a few years ago.

The films PG-13 rating seems like an oscar-influenced decision.

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
This will save Disney from previous blunders. Greatly looking forward to it, already looking forward to getting it on DVD/Blu-ray release.

Gram

Banned
Awards
^or it will be their biggest blunder yet. BTW, I like Oz and dont consider that a Blunder.

Who said anything of Oz being a blunder? Also don't the company determine what's a blunder and what isnt? xD

Shadow Fenix

I 'Member
Awards
I'm not so sure how I feel about this. Ever since I heard it announced that Hanks would be playing Disney in this like a year or so ago, I kinda liked how Walt himself was never portrayed by anyone in film, but Hanks looks to be doing a pretty good job with handling it. I'll keep this on my radar now that a trailer has finally been released.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
Who said anything of Oz being a blunder? Also don't the company determine what's a blunder and what isnt? xD
I was just replying to how Professor Ven implied the company needed "saving from previous blunders". Took it to mean their entire live action catalogue of the last few years.

Come to think of it, I liked John Carter more than I liked Oz. but that is irrelevant.

Just saw BJ Novak on the cast list as Robert Sherman. This just keeps getting more awesome by the minute!

Edit: and for those who are wondering, the song in the trailer is a great one by Katie Herzig called "Lost and Found". Got it on itunes after learning the name.

[video=youtube_share;LINKTcBOFgY]http://youtu.be/LINKTcBOFgY[/video]

Last edited:

Ulti

hurr hurr hurr
Awards
^or it will be their biggest blunder yet. BTW, I like Oz and dont consider that a Blunder.

Pretty damn sure he was referring to The Lone Ranger. Perfect exactly of why Disney never should go anything edgier than Pirates.

I think it is perfect that Tom Hanks is going to portray Walt. I can't think of a more perfect part.

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
Yeah, that really was one, But only one.

Yet, a HUGE one.

I'm a fan of Gore Berbinski, and he certainly did a great western in Rango, but Lone Ranger.......

Professor Ven

The Tin Man
Awards
I was mostly referring to John Carter (and The Lone Ranger, somewhat). Oz never really crossed my mind, since I don't categorize it with Disney, despite it being produced and etc;

The Lone Ranger imo was a good, solid movie, but it had to compete with Despicable Me 2 and Monsters University for its audience (alongside other films in theaters, but those two are the first to come to mind). John Carter on the other hand, was imo a huge loss of 200-something million dollars (and it probably would have been a better movie had it not be made by another studio).

Saving Mr. Banks will (or I expect it to) perform well in its quality (of both the movie itself and the representations of the people the actors in said movie are portraying), and in its sales.

TL;DR: Disney made a solid move on getting money+quality on getting Tom Hanks as Walt Disney in this movie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back