• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Help/Support ► SAT 2009

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dogenzaka

PLATINUM USERNAME WINS
Awards
Killing is easy once you forget the taste of sugar
Getting ready to take this thing on November 5th I think it is.

Nervous.

I see that it focuses more on Algebra this year, and erm, I could always use practice with math.

Got any good study guides that you know of?

Have you taken it yet? What did you think of it?

Any tips?

Teiku 5

Something About, Baby, You and I...
Website
www.facebook.com
i took the one in October in Maryland.

it was my second time taking it and it didn't seem any easier. there were actually more math questions that i had to work on and think about. not impossible or hard, just not your average simple question.

on my first SAT i got like a 630-690-630 on my Reading-Math-Writing and a 7 on my essay. i think the date i can look at my scores for the recent one is another two or so weeks from now, the end of October or so.

Zen

Silver Member
Awards
I'm taking mine on November 7th.

It's my first time taking it, I was going to do it last school year but I really felt too lazy and had other things to do. Not enough time to study for it.

Teiku 5

Website
www.facebook.com
as far as studying goes, i didn't actually study for the SAT, but if you're concerned about getting bad scores, you probably should've taken a prep class for the test or gotten one of those huge prep books. other than that, just study greek/latin roots for vocab, maybe google "SAT words" or something like that.

most of the math stuff, you'll either know it or not (imo). they give you the formulas, plus you're allowed to use a calculator for every section. odds are if you don't know it, you won't be able to figure it out.

but check and see if you school has a SAT prep class and find out who the teacher is. just ask their opinion and see if they can give you any extra study materials (or find friends that take the class that have those materials).

Lycanthrope

Gold Member
Awards
I'm going to start taking them in January. I'm not nervous at all though. Taken a few practice ones and rocked them, as well as the (lol) PSAT. I test very well.

Reflection

Princess of Heart
Awards
aaaahhhhhh i missed my PSAT this year. ;-;
i'm super duper scared it's gonna mess stuff up and i'll be unprepared and sajdksfdk. i'm just hoping there's a lot of writing.

Trag

Bronze Member
Why would you take PSATs when you can take the SATs as many times as you want? I didn't really bother, plus I didn't feel like asking my dad for 30$ or however much it was, it's pretty stupid that they make you pay. I might study for them, or I might just take them a ton of times.

Teiku 5

Website
www.facebook.com
by taking the PSAT, you automatically get entered for scholarships and get info from colleges that are interested in you.

if you score well enough, you can great scholarships for colleges in your state (the PSAT merit competition for your state) or you can get recommended to your college of choice for showing merit during your junior year.

bottom line: it's worth it, whether you need the practice or not.

Chakolat Strawberry

caramel delight
Awards
I took PSATs last week (yes, freshman here take it :l)
Luckily, there was more writing/reading than math, which is sort of my weak point. I'm a fairly good test taker though.

We're getting our results in December.

Eric

Retired.
Awards
Website
discord.gg
Getting ready to take this thing on November 5th I think it is.

Nervous.

the essay is first

Dogen said:
I see that it focuses more on Algebra this year, and erm, I could always use practice with math.

Got any good study guides that you know of?

Have you taken it yet? What did you think of it?

Any tips?

Yeah math is pretty much just algebra. I think I had one section with some trig problems but thats it.

I didn't study for it either just went to bed early, ate a good breakfast, and prayed that I would do well on the essay >.>

I agree with Teiku on studying only if you want good scores, I don't feel it's necessary.

Marly

All right, don't have a crap attack
Awards
Not neccassarily the same, but taking the ACT this Saturday. I suppose I could just follow the same tips. I got a 25 last time. I need to bring it up to be eligible for scholarships. Which I need very badly.

Awards
You can go to the library to get a book on the SATs. they have some helpful tips.

But really If the PSAT is any indication, the SAT is overrated and not that hard.

Teiku 5

Website
www.facebook.com
I took PSATs last week (yes, freshman here take it :l)
Luckily, there was more writing/reading than math, which is sort of my weak point. I'm a fairly good test taker though.

We're getting our results in December.

anybody juniors and under can take the PSAT, its just that you only get entered for scholarships when you take it in your Junior year.

i took it as a freshman too.

D∆NTE

Cod 6 online profile (lizymans)
I dont want to sound like a dummy here, but what are SAT's

D∆NTE

Cod 6 online profile (lizymans)
THank you for making me lookl like an idiot, i appreciate it

stephaknee

Hakuna Matata
I took SATs and ACTs for college, ACTs were wayyy easier and they're weighed the exact same way.

meertallica

Website
www.facebook.com
I have not a clue what SATs are.. but I'm from England, and she only sats i've done were in year 9, and to be honest, no one cared.

I'm so glad all my exams are over. I've got good GCSEs, pretty good A levels.. I'm all set :D

Good luck in SATs (??) everyone :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back