• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

SAO RP

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lone

The Lone Wolf
Awards
Why is there not a Sword Art Online RP. I think that would be kickass. I'd do it myself, except I have never been good at creating RP's. Unless someone wanted to collaborate with me, then I would do it.

Sean

Ehhhhhh
Awards
As shit as the actual show was I wouldn't mind being part of a SAO-themed RP.

Lone

The Lone Wolf
Awards
As much as it was a .Hack knock off, the base setting is interesting. Starting on the first floor and having to level yourself up just to advance to the next floor in the game.

Sean

Ehhhhhh
Awards
Well it's the same concept but not the same elements or setting. For example, in the SAO world there isn't magic at all. Unless you're going through the ALO arc as well.

Lone

The Lone Wolf
Awards
I was thinking of keeping it more on the actual SAO arc alone. I would think the other arc would be perhaps a continuation RP or even another RP itself.

Sean

Ehhhhhh
Awards
That would work. I'd love to see how the mechanics work out. Most of the .Hack RP's around here didn't really have that much emphasis on MMO elements so it'd be nice to translate things like Weapon Skills and stats into the RP. Eh, I'm just grabbing stuff from the top of my head but whatever floats your boat.

Lone

The Lone Wolf
Awards
Problem of the matter is, you and I seem to be the only one's interested. No one else has even said like, 'Oh yeah, that would be cool' or 'That sounds like a good idea'. So how would this go if one of us or someone was to do this?

Sean

Ehhhhhh
Awards
THERE ARE SWORD ART ONLINE SPOILERS IN THIS POST!!!

Well you can't expect the entirety of the RP section to even know what SAO is. Sure, more folks would have a better understanding of how .hack was and to be honest, while they're in the same vein you really can't compare the two (as implied above). I'd imagine there would have to be a level of detail for everyone who visits this thread to have an thorough grasp of how the SAO universe works such as everyone not being able to dual wield or the fact that having a shield is very common. Things like that. Of course I'd imagine that you'd have the 'aw man we're stuck in here' concept on board. But you have to decide the direction you want to take it. Keep in mind even in the anime they didn't make it up to the top floor before being able to leave the game.

Building it from the ground up, you'd have to determine if you'd want an AU or a continuation. If you have any solid leads on you I'd be totally fine with collaborating on this.

Lone

The Lone Wolf
Awards
IT's true on many levels. In my mind I would want to start it off and just see how far it would get. They did never make it all the way to the top, but we know what the final setting is for the final floor and final boss. It was made evident. Not to say we would do the same character. Heck we could pick someone who wanted to be the final boos type of character. As for monsters and bosses unknown. I think that with some imagination we could come up with our own though the would have to tie into the same concept of the game, so no outlandish types of monsters. I personally have a feeling that this would work along the lines of a .Hack RP. As for info, I think we could give a quick synopsis of the anime. Maybe give the wiki link as a back up for more info. Give a story line along the same as the original. Where the people would start off the same and end up trapped. Basically going setting by setting. And for the floors never before seen or mentioned. Goes the same for the monsters. Just come up with our own and make them unique. Maybe a collab from the players and what not.

Lunarmaster54

Her Trouble-making Paladin
Awards
I've seen a few amvs for this show and i've heard good things about it. It looks awesome so if an rp of it came up i'd for sure be interested.

Mistearea

Fear the Mist
Shifting through the spaces like only Mist can.
I have an idea, but it's not really mechanics based. Just something for character creation. You could always take from the anime how they were made to look like their real selves, maybe make it to where we the players would have to make our characters look like ourselves. Even if we do glorify our appearances. Hey, you could even make it into a type of thing where we play our actual selves and kinda combine KHI with it. Maybe make it to where we play ourselves as we are on KHI, unless you feel that it was something that should have stayed with Shades of Blue.

Just an idea of mine after reading through this. That and my way of saying that I'd be interested in joining.

Zatari101

Website
aoiayame16.deviantart.com
This rp idea sounds very interesting and has the potential of being something big if everything is worked out well and a good plot made to keep it all together. I would like to put in my two cents in and also recommend to check out another cyber world idea based of a manga I've read called " 1/2 prince" that also follows the idea of .hack and SAO but another perspective. I'd very interested in joining if things take off and ideas are made into something constructive.

Lone

The Lone Wolf
Awards
It's really too bad nothing came of this, it's partially my fault for getting busy with RL. If someone who was interested in it wants to collab with me i'd be willing to give this another try.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back