• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Sanctuary

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingdomSealer

i agree madness it dose sound a bit weird but it sounds ok jap is better though :)

oh crap sorry bout double posting i screwed something up

Chihiro

☆ birth by sleep;
Definitely not what I expected...I feel as if the lyrics just don't fit with the melody even though the english version was written first...

Lunar Knight

American Person
Maybe it's just because it isn't high quality. I don't think Utada would make a song like that.

Rioraku

hmm....i think it sound pretty good....but what i'm really looking forward to is Sanctuary ~after the battle~ ^_^

Sympathy

I hope this is a joke. She sounds terrible. The Japanese version sounds a million times better. And that's not saying much.

Savior of Dawn

Leader of the Dai Gurren Brigade
(shrug) I prefer passion much more. In fact, they should just keep the original japanese voices for the cutscenes and passion, and just put in engilsh subtitles for the cutscenes. It'd save a lot of money and time. <<;

Engulfed

King of the Beavers
The voice does sound crappy, but I believe it's Utada.
You know what, I'll bet it doesn't sound good because of the quality.
This is a movie recorded by some guy watching a TV, of course it's gonna sound bad.

But...at the moment- Passion kicks more ass.

E

Eclipse

you know what most of us when passion came out didn't like it very much, or thought it was weird or liked simple and clean better, i know i did. after i listened to it more and more, it caught on, and now i love it. maybe we just need to do that for Sanctuary. anyways, i'm sure it'll sound much better when the whole downloadable song leaks on the internet

1keyblade

Website
www.myspace.com
Its utada but the song really does sound kind of crapy. It sounds so cool and fast in passion. I really hope that the quality was just bad. But im glad i downloaded it. I think your right twilight key. it just takes some getting use to, the song is cool.

Last edited:
E

Eclipse

well japanese words are longer than english words sometimes...omoidaseba haruka haruka...is waaay longer than in you and i, so sanctuary sounds slower than passion because they have to extend the words to the rythm

Engulfed

King of the Beavers
TwilightSoulKey said:
well japanese words are longer than english words sometimes...omoidaseba haruka haruka...is waaay longer than in you and i, so sanctuary sounds slower than passion because they have to extend the words to the rythm
Hmm, that makes sense.
But didn't she write Sanctuary first?
Then- shouldn't the words not have to be held that long, as if to make up for beats?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back