• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Sanctuary may get an official release after all...

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Organization_42

Proud Demyx/Kairi Shipper
Awards
Sweeeeet! I hope they get to release it! Actually, I wish the KH soundtracks were available on Itunes. They already have some of the Final Fantasy ones.

Antiquity

Put on your courage and fly
Awards
Hopefully those would be on there. Love those songs, but I'd probably just get the Sanctuary versions cause I already got the KH1 soundtrack years ago =P

Grey

I agree with Audo, her new album (and all of her English albums) just aren't good. From her new one, Apples and Cinnamon is the only one I actually like, and even that one isn't that amazing.

Danica Syer

Trivia: Love ღ
I really hope it goes well and that is sucessful, that'd be awesome! I love that song and like many, I hope it's not a rip!
Wow, crossing my fingers for the good news. XD

Lady Stardust

Website
www.flickr.com
Barring the songs from Kingdom Hearts, I'm not really a huge fan of her style of music. I'm sure if I went through her catalog, I'd find some more that I like. That being said, though, I wish her success in the States. Including Sanctuary and/or Simple and Clean is probably a good idea to jump start sales. I might buy her album, we'll see.

shuyin_zer0

Awards
Honestly to me, her KH contributions are her worst songs. I love them and all, but she's got MUCH better songs out there.

I didn't like either of her english albums at first, but believe me after a few listens you'll be hooked!!

Sapphire Skies

Sucked Back In
That'd be nice to have the english version without having to convert it off of youtube..Her new english album is good the only thing that bugs me are the titles, they seem a bit odd...Anyway if Sanctuary gets an official release I'd probably get it off of itunes. I'm really hoping it will be the ~After the Battle~ Version though.

Neko

Keep Holding On
Awards
I`d love to finally get the English version on CD! =)

revarai20

Smile like you mean it
I think that would be wonderful especially for Utada Hikaru. I love that song anyway. So that's some exciting news! I really hope and does happen. =]

peachie

utada said:
People beat the game, then my song plays
Eloquent, lol.

As much as I would like a full version of Sanctuary (assuming said CD version would be the full song and not the shortened opening version) having listened to This Is The One I think it would be an extremely awkward addition to include the two songs.
This Is The One has a very urban, pop, ultra mainstream feel to it. They simply would not fit. And I feel of conflicted over this. The Utada fan in me detests it whereas the KH fan wants it bad.

Utada wants to be taken seriously as a legitamite artist in the US for this album, not 'the simple and clean chick', which she is most known for here. I seriously doubt as if she wants the album to be bought as a means for KH fans to listen to the two KH releated songs, which is what will most likely happen if this goes through.

I think if they will be released state side then they should have their own single. That way SaC, Sanctuary AtB, and the full version would be available in one beautiful package. Everybody wins.

soratothamax

I have the Utada CD digitally and it is FANTASTIC!!! My favorite song is FYI-Merry Christmas Mr. Lawrence but I also like Dirty Desire, oddly Poppin, and Me Muero. It's a pretty good album with old 90s R&B and pop-urban. Like TLC or something. She's pretty good this time!

As awkward as the two songs will sound, I think that would be an interesting addition and give it some variety. Then other Utada fans won't complain that she sounds too mainstream and that she should be more like she is overseas! Anyone could get into at least one song. Yea, the sound is how she used to sound in the 90s, but why not put some of her 2002-2008 sound into it? It's a great idea. Why not be known for KH? Thats her promotion. Thats where many musical artists go wrong. They feel they need to be taken "seriously" as an artits, but thats not a way to start in the US.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back