• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Sanctuary Backwards

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Max

"There's always money in the banana stand."
Staff member
Awards
Couldn't find a thread, so here.

Any reactions to this? I just found out about it the other day.

Sanctuary backwards seems very clearly intentional considering a line of the lyrics in the normal song is already backwards "I need more affection than you know". So, listening to the whole song backwards, its obviously all about Riku. "He was Ansem, He was Ansem." If you haven't listened to it yet, you really should.
Sanctuary Reversed

Simple and Clean is less obvious in reverse, if you find a decent one with subs its interesting, but Sanctuary is definitely crazy.

It kind of creeps me out a little bit, especially the thing at the end, I read somewhere its Riku talking to Namine and I'm just like o_O

Ruran

Flesh by mother, soul by father
Awards
It's creepier when you consider that Passion/Sanctuary wasn't written for KH like Hikari/Simple and Clean was, it was a preexisting song. Utada can see into the future!

Max

Staff member
Awards
It's creepier when you consider that Passion/Sanctuary wasn't written for KH like Hikari/Simple and Clean was, it was a preexisting song. Utada can see into the future!

Whoa, you're kidding?! The thought never crossed my mind that it could have been written before the game, it fit so perfect... forward and backward!

Gram

Banned
Awards
That was creepy and cool o,0 especially the lines at the end with namine and rights....like song was made for it before it was made....

Max

Staff member
Awards
That was creepy and cool o,0 especially the lines at the end with namine and rights....like song was made for it before it was made....

Made me fell paranoid or something... I can't describe the feeling, but it sounds very clear backwards, you could hear a lot of that without subtitles.

Its one thing for a song written before a game has some type of meaning to that game for some people when they listen to it, like sanctuary and KH2. But its REALLY strange when backwards it seems more directly related to the game than forwards

Ruran

Awards
Whoa, you're kidding?! The thought never crossed my mind that it could have been written before the game, it fit so perfect... forward and backward!

Yup, yup, it did. Passion/Sanctuary was just pulled from one of Utada's albums as opposed to being custom for some reason.

Max

Staff member
Awards
Well, there's only two explanations...

Number 1!!!:
Tetsuya Nomura heard her song and loved it so much, he decided to listen to it backwards. Then, he loved it backwards so much, he was just like "Guys, I have a great idea, lets alter the story of Kingdom Hearts to fit this song, it will be so good!" Kingdom Hearts was originally going to be a more light hearted game than it ended up being, but it got much deeper all because of this song.

Number 2!!!:
The previous assumption is correct and Utada Hikaru is a psychic.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

Ruran

Awards

ajmrowland

Keyblade Master
Awards
I think most of those subs are made up except for the ones that are clearly the reversed ones in the song going forward.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com
I think most of those subs are made up except for the ones that are clearly the reversed ones in the song going forward.

Of course they are! It's just how they sound that makes these interpretations possible.

!?!?

Well, I feel silly now, I could have sworn Sanctuary/Passion was a preexisting song. :X
I stand corrected.

I guess Utada isn't psychic then. Shame. :(

Utada made them early on, but that was because she was given info from the games to work with. xD There are three versions of Passion, though. One is the ~single version~ which was put on her album, and the other two are ~opening version~ and ~after the battle~ featured in Kingdom Hearts II.

LightUpTheSky452

Haddyn Slayer
Awards
Website
oveliagirlhaditright.tumblr.com
@Maxsouleater Most people believe it's Sora talking to Nami, which makes more sense when you think about it (and is somehow more meaningful that way).

And though I know this technically isn't real (except for some of the lines that are, in fact, backwards), I like to pretend it is, anyway. In fact, I've been dying for someone to do an amazing cover of "Yarutcnas" but have found no good versions of it (I'd love to vid Riku to it), so if anyone wants to try it, I'll love you for life:)

And Simple and Clean (I think) backwards is just creepy. It makes me feel like I'm going to get possessed or something.

Taochan

Administrator
Staff member
Awards
@Maxsouleater Most people believe it's Sora talking to Nami, which makes more sense when you think about it (and is somehow more meaningful that way).
I've never heard that before. :c It's a really depressing thought.

Zephyr

Memory of Melodies
Staff member
Awards

KingdomKey

Queen
Awards
I've heard both Santuary and Simple and Clean in reverse on YouTube for quite awhile. It really is mind blowing but, I thought this was a known fact that the lyrics weren't the same and said things about the game already? I guess not everyone has unless i'm
missing something? Either way, it's very catchy to listen to. :D

Key to the light

GODtada Will Reign
I'm glad you cleared to that up, Spock. I was going to have a field day with this thread lol. Hikaru used to moan about getting Passion "ready" before the deadline, I believe she said something about how the song was finished just hardly before the game was released.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back