• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Samurai X: Trust/Betrayal

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rikku

Humongous faggot
Website
www.inkdropstyles.com
Come now, I'm sure I'm not the only one who's seen this movie. I'm also relatively sure I'm not the only person to make a thread about it.

This is probably my favorite anime movie, I'm not usually a fan of the romantic side of things and this did indeed have a romantic tone to it however they did in a way that was dark. I watched this after I finished Rurouni Kenshin, I thought it'd be interesting to see Kenshin's time as a manslayer. So I'll give my thoughts on each part.

Trust -- I thought this was the better of two in terms of what I like, I'm more of a person who values action more than anything. The first part of trust had its fair share of bloodshed, and at the end Kenshin literally rips a guy down the middle with his sword which is one of my favorite scenes in all Anime. It really introduced Kenshin well, and the flashbacks really show how he was just a young kid who wanted to help with the war that he didn't truly understand. The second part was a bit more lackluster, but I liked it just the same. It sort of concentrated on Kenshin meeting Tomoe, and how Kenshin tried to act as if he didn't care about her when you could tell he had a bit of a fascination with the women who smelled like cherry blossoms.

Betrayal -- Let me start by saying that I was not a big fan at all of the first part of betrayal, it was like that part in the movie that seemed to take forever. Concentrating on Kenshin's life with Tomoe when they where forced to live in the mountain side. It didn't really mention the war much and sort of just seemed to set up the next part of Betrayal. The second part was probably my favorite in the whole movie, it was really dark and I loved at the beginning how Kenshin's scar began to bleed again. You could really feel how he was at a crossroads with himself if he would or would not kill Tomoe for betraying his trust. Then with Tomoe you could tell she regretted her decision and wish she could take it back which led up to the climax in which I won't say just in case you haven't seen this great movie and giving Kenshin his cross shaped scar. I also thought it was a nice touch that Kenshin decided to finish the war rather than just stop killing right there, he had a job to do and he did it. Very nice.

Reflections -- Eh, I'll include a short thing about this. I give them credit for trying to give us an ending to the anime and a little bit after where the manga ended but they really went about this the wrong way. I wouldn't suggest watching this, in fact I'd suggest just reading the end of the manga. The only GOOD part about this movie was to see a bit of the animated Jinchuu arc, but still the fight between Kenshin and Enishi was lackluster and a lot better in the manga. Ignore this movie, unless you're a die hard fan. You'll be disappointed.

What are your thoughts on this great movie?

Space Cowboy

Ultra Haunted
Awards
I hate hate hate hate the way Kenshin died.

He went through so much shit in his life, then to end it like that. Felt so bad for him.

Trust and Betrayal however were superb, the ending of Betrayal with Kenshin vs Saito always gives me goosebumps.

seifbugazia

I hate hate hate hate the way Kenshin died.

He went through so much shit in his life, then to end it like that. Felt so bad for him.

Trust and Betrayal however were superb, the ending of Betrayal with Kenshin vs Saito always gives me goosebumps.
I feel the same way about his death but trust and betrayal is a great OVA plus young kenshin=coolness & kengi's fight with yahioko was so cool being as short as it was, i loved his style

Nyangoro

Break the Spell
Awards
Trust and Betrayal was absolutely fabulous. I know that a lot of people (including the creator) felt that Reflections didn't give Kenshin the ending that he deserved, but I found that it only made that ending all the more powerful.

Plus, I enjoy tragedies :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back