• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

TV ► Samurai Jack - Jack is Back!

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anagram

Banned
Re: Samurai Jack Returns (2016) - Welcome Back Jack

I now almost half wish/expect to see other random lost shows to return given how this year has went. (Super Robot Monkey Team Hyperforce Go! or W.I.T.C.H anyone?

Lonbilly

Captain Marvel is a lesbian send tweet
Awards

Maybe Adult Swim-senpai can help Galatic Kids Next Door become a thing after all.

#SaveGKNDAdultSwim

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

So what is your guy's favorite episodes?

Mine is Birth of Evil which was Aku's origin story. Loved the final battle between him and Jack's father

Kaijuguy19

I was so shocked and excited when I first heard the news. :D Samurai Jack is among my all time favorite shows and seeing it finally return after all these years is such a blessing.

So what was your first Samurai Jack episode? Mine would be the one where Aku tells stories to kids. My reaction was "WTF is this?!" at the time since I was taken aback at how Jack resembles so much of Utonium at the time and the way Aku tries to make himself look good to the kids yet failing to do so. lol

Reagan Rayden

Exploding Man
Awards

Anything with the Scotsman is golden.

Also I wonder if the implications of it being on Adult Swim's Toonami block will allow them to make the show more violent. I could care less either way, but it's a thought.

Oracle Spockanort

written in the stars
Staff member
Awards
Website
twitter.com

It's been awhile since I've seen the series so I can't really name a favorite but I definitely have fond memories of watching Jack is Naked. It was hilarious seeing him try to get his clothes back. Jack and the Rave was also rather amazing.

I now almost half wish/expect to see other random lost shows to return given how this year has went. (Super Robot Monkey Team Hyperforce Go! or W.I.T.C.H anyone?

I'd be down for every old animated series to get a revival if it was ended before it was really supposed to end. Gargoyles should get the ending Weisman wanted it to have. W.I.T.C.H. should have gotten the ending Weisman wanted it to have when he took over. Amazing Spider-Man should have had the ending Weisman wanted it to have. Young Justice should have gotten the ending Weisman and Vietti wanted it to have.

Sym-Bionic Titan, Megas XLR, Motorcity, Tron: Uprising, Green Lantern, Teen Titans, Batman Beyond (in that it clearly had more stories it wanted to tell but for an ending point it wasn't a bad one)...

Also I wonder if the implications of it being on Adult Swim's Toonami block will allow them to make the show more violent. I could care less either way, but it's a thought.

I think it is possible we will see a little blood, but not too much visceral imagery. Maybe more darker endings to episodes.

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards

Everybody do a happy dance~

I cannot WAIT for this! Hey Arnold, Digimon, DBZ, Yu-gi-Oh, and now this? The 90s/00s are trying to rise again lol.

It being in Toonami has me much more excited than the possibility of Cartoon Network attempting it. What they did to Scooby Doo and Looney Tunes is abhorrent. XD

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards

the show's removed limitations on Adult Swim should be considered just that-- removed limitations. Not license to make the show ridiculously crude and edgy and violent.

rac7d

The prince of Tides
Awards

the show's removed limitations on Adult Swim should be considered just that-- removed limitations. Not license to make the show ridiculously crude and edgy and violent.

You mean jack can kill people instead of robots and mutants now? I mean if this is sairing at midnight, I guess anything is possible.

Is the remake being headed by the same man, or will it be the case of the boondocks, same shell no soul

Launchpad

i remember the OLD khinsider
Awards

You mean jack can kill people instead of robots and mutants now? I mean if this is sairing at midnight, I guess anything is possible.

Is the remake being headed by the same man, or will it be the case of the boondocks, same shell no soul

It was robots and mutants in the original, there's no good reason to change it to humans. That said, if a human IS to die, it should be treated as something unusual.

robvandam111

Silver Member
Awards

Anything with the Scotsman is golden.

You beat me to it. I was curious about the same thing. It's been awhile watching the series. I don't remember much.

Zettaflare

Shibuya
Awards

I'm curious what the animation style will be like. Hopefully based on the small preview it's a mostly similar to the previous animation.

CGI would be horrible

Xblade13

The Cleric of Flamesgrace
Awards

I'm curious what the animation style will be like. Hopefully based on the small preview it's a mostly similar to the previous animation.CGI would be horrible
I too hope that the art style remains the same or at least similar.

Dentim

A boy in a playsuit.
Awards

It's been awhile since I've seen the series so I can't really name a favorite but I definitely have fond memories of watching Jack is Naked. It was hilarious seeing him try to get his clothes back. Jack and the Rave was also rather amazing.

Jack's fight against the DJ is one of my favorite fights in the series.

My favorite episode... anything with the Scotsman.

It was robots and mutants in the original, there's no good reason to change it to humans. That said, if a human IS to die, it should be treated as something unusual.

Well, the only reason it were robots and mutants in the original is BECAUSE he didn't have much freedom. If Gendy could've done so back then, a lot of those would've been humans.

I'd be ok with humans dying in the show. It would be weird if it were only humans though.

Last edited:

Anagram

Banned

I'd be down for every old animated series to get a revival if it was ended before it was really supposed to end. Gargoyles should get the ending Weisman wanted it to have. W.I.T.C.H. should have gotten the ending Weisman wanted it to have when he took over. Amazing Spider-Man should have had the ending Weisman wanted it to have. Young Justice should have gotten the ending Weisman and Vietti wanted it to have.
This post makes you realize just how shitty so many places have treated Weisman. T__T
Gargoyles and W.I.T.C.H I have wanted to see again since they ended. I'd be more curious to see the latter take it's comic source though since that's apparently a rather different story.

I agree because being to ridiculously gory or violent it just stupid to me. But I also dont mind if a person is a villain and had cut or bruise wounds like Jack got. I'd even be alright if a human died via stabbing but nothing outrageous like lopped arms or other junk.

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

lets all agree; every beloved childhood show that got a raw deal should be brought back

and batman the animated series

Mite

Kingly
Staff member
Awards

Sym-Bionic Titan, Megas XLR, Motorcity, Tron: Uprising, Green Lantern, Teen Titans, Batman Beyond (in that it clearly had more stories it wanted to tell but for an ending point it wasn't a bad one)...

If the TV-Nostalgia Fairy that's bringing back old TV shows could bring Megas XLR back too then I'd be really freaking happy.

And if you were looking for a Batman Beyond fix, there's some more adventures set in the animated universe with the Batman Beyond 2.0 comic. Dick Grayson was added to the cast and I think the Justice Lords even came back at one point to be antagonists.

As far as Jack being on Adult Swim now, the show never needed any extra violence or such to be good, so I don't think it'd need it now; but having more freedom on Adult Swim is overall probably better then being limited and not having the options to do more. As long as it's not used as an opportunity to kill the Scotsman for dramatic effect. He stays alive, dang it!

Chuman

Dad of Boy
Awards

in all honesty, the show is probably more disturbing and violent than our memories dictate. chances are, if you went back and watched any 90s show you'll think to yourself "this was marketed at kids?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back