• Hello everybody! We have tons of new awards for the new year that can be requested through our Awards System thanks to Antifa Lockhart! Some are limited-time awards so go claim them before they are gone forever...

CLICK HERE FOR AWARDS

Samurai 7

REGISTER TO REMOVE ADS
Status
Not open for further replies.

Anti_Sora_666

Samurai 7 is an anime remake of a really old black and white samurai movie. the olny way you can really see it i think is by renting borrowing or buying the episodes. it is about a village that is trying to stop evil bandits from taking all their food year after year after a great war. the preistess gos to the city and hires samurai to fight the bandits. it is really cool with cool sword fights.

Anti_Sora_666

my fave character would have to be kyuzo....he is a samurai that uses two swords that he carries on his back. all he does is train with his weapons.

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
Angel's Prayer said:
You kidding? The animation is superb! The artwork is clean and the cinematography is exquisite. Character design is a bit unusual. But it was awesome!

Have you ever seen Akria Kurosawa's "The Seven Samurai"? The anime associates itself with it, yet has almost nothing in common. I hate how everyone abuses the term "based on (insert intellectual property here)".

rokudamia2

Dream eater ally.
Awards
Square Ninja said:
Really?

...because it looks like crap. Akira Kurosawa is surely rolling in his grave.
like the time the amricans made a remake of seven Samurai

Square Ninja

"special recipe"
Website
www.classicgaming.com
rokudamia2 said:
like the time the amricans made a remake of seven Samurai

You mean The Magnificent Seven? That was actually good.

Kurosawa's work is some of my favorite in all of films. You can imagine how I feel when I hear about something based off of his work, then am disappointed to see the only relation between the new something and Kurosawa's work to be seven guys with katanas.

Noblethe3rd

At college, seeking a higher education, and if I t
You mean The Magnificent Seven? That was actually good.

Kurosawa's work is some of my favorite in all of films. You can imagine how I feel when I hear about something based off of his work, then am disappointed to see the only relation between the new something and Kurosawa's work to be seven guys with katanas.
You seem to be pretty hellbent about that. Give it a shot, watch it for a bit and then I won't care if you bash it. I have to admit that the series is alright. Its just another Samurai series with a few highlights. Really I think the plot of the story needed to be more dwelled on in the begginning. Also the whole robotics vs. samurai thing never really was appealling of a concept to me. All in all I would have to rate this a 6 out of 10. Its not terrible but its not great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back